Hacking [QUESTION] Upgrading to Boot9Strap but stuck at GM9, can't boot into it. Help please!

Romruto

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to update my brother's new 3DS XL. However he had reiNAND with an autoboot to the emuNAND.

I visited this website: https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax) and downloaded all the files and copied them over to the sd card.

Inserted the card and held L to boot to the sysNAND, not allowing it to autoboot into reiNAND CFW. Followed the 1st page as instructed.
Then continued to the 2nd page https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(homebrew-launcher).

Followed all the steps into the next page, "finalizing the setup". Inserted the SD card into computer and copied all the files on page 3, https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup into the SD.

Made it to the Move emuNAND to sysNAND CFW section.

SO what happens right now:

Holding START to attempt to boot into GodMode9 menu, crashes and gives me an error message.
https://imgur.com/a/SDJZr

Holding L loads into the rei's emuNAND.

The System Settings says this after it loads by holding L:
https://imgur.com/a/FQOpa

Pressing nothing, crashes and gives me an error message.

Not having an SD card inserted, automatically turns off the system immediately after pressing the power button.

Holding select brings up the LUMA menu.
https://imgur.com/a/GKXPy

The files on the SD card.
https://imgur.com/a/hjr5x

Know what went wrong? Please let me know how to fix this thanks!

Last edited by Romruto,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Try deleting home menu extdata to get rid of menuhax.
You should clear Home Menu's extdata by navigating to /Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000/ on your SD card
  • EUR Region: Delete 00000098
  • JPN Region: Delete 00000082
  • USA Region: Delete 0000008f
  • CHN Region: Delete 000000A1
  • KOR Region: Delete 000000A9
  • TWN Region: Delete 000000B1

Reactions: xJoelituh

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried this and still a crash after holding start button for godmode9
are all thease threads about the same console ? [QUESTION] Upgrading to Boot9Strap but stuck at GM9, can't boot into it. Help please! [QUESTION] Am I able to recover my old emuNAND from ReiNAND? [QUESTION] Similar Question to my other thread about EmuNAND Transferring. 3DS Best CFW? Question and Issue(s), Please Help Anyone, Thanks! . . . i really want to help and am just trying to figure out what exactly happened with this console

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried this and still a crash after holding start button for godmode9

Well, I've never heard of Godmode9 not booting because Menuhax was installed, so, I somehow doubted that was the problem. I've got a release called "InScripted AIO" on that iso site in the "CFW Discussion" section. If you can find it, download it, and copy the contents of the "B9S Configurations" folder that matches your hardware to the card (if it's an N3DS, put the contents of the "N3DS" folder on the card). Once you've copied my configuration over, hold "left" and Godmode9 should boot. Then you can hit home, select "Scripts" and run any scripts you want. Some of mine are similar (I include my own to install Luma to CTRNAND, for example, but either should work).

Now, my configuration uses BootCTR9 by default. You can try that and see how it works for you, or, if you'd still rather use Luma's, my scripts include a "Switch Chainloader" option that will allow you to switch to Luma easily. Also, my chainloader configurations contain a bit more than just Luma and GM9. Including ReiNAND 5.1 if you still want to run it sometimes. I'll leave that to you. Documentation is included.

Anyway, that should get you into GM9. It might be a bit overkill (much like reinstalling Windows instead of trying to locate a virus), but I know my configuration works (just like I know a virus probably won't survive a format). If you have any questions, I'll be on late tonight.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Romruto

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've never heard of Godmode9 not booting because Menuhax was installed, so, I somehow doubted that was the problem. I've got a release called "InScripted AIO" on that iso site in the "CFW Discussion" section. If you can find it, download it, and copy the contents of the "B9S Configurations" folder that matches your hardware to the card (if it's an N3DS, put the contents of the "N3DS" folder on the card). Once you've copied my configuration over, hold "left" and Godmode9 should boot. Then you can hit home, select "Scripts" and run any scripts you want. Some of mine are similar (I include my own to install Luma to CTRNAND, for example, but either should work).

Now, my configuration uses BootCTR9 by default. You can try that and see how it works for you, or, if you'd still rather use Luma's, my scripts include a "Switch Chainloader" option that will allow you to switch to Luma easily. Also, my chainloader configurations contain a bit more than just Luma and GM9. Including ReiNAND 5.1 if you still want to run it sometimes. I'll leave that to you. Documentation is included.

Anyway, that should get you into GM9. It might be a bit overkill (much like reinstalling Windows instead of trying to locate a virus), but I know my configuration works (just like I know a virus probably won't survive a format). If you have any questions, I'll be on late tonight.
Actually, it's working now. So this is what I did, I forgotten that I had unlinked NANDs folders and deleted both the 0000008f folders. And now GodMod9 is working.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, it's working now. So this is what I did, I forgotten that I had unlinked NANDs folders and deleted both the 0000008f folders. And now GodMod9 is working.

OK, well as long as it works. I was actually thinking it could be an issue with the chainloader itself, or how it's setup (hotkey conflict or something). Guess not.

Romruto

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Nope, the first 2 threads are issue(s) regarding my regular new3DS & new3DS XL. And the 1st thread was because I formatted the SDcard, thus deleting the emuNAND partition :(. So now the files/folders that I backed up are unless and I've accepted that I lost all my saves too! The 2nd one, I was wanting to move Nands over to LUMA. Thanks for trying to solve this craziness. And this one, as of right now, I think I figured out what happened and now I'm able to move to the last page on the guide for GodMode9.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OK, well as long as it works. I was actually thinking it could be an issue with the chainloader itself, or how it's setup (hotkey conflict or something). Guess not.
Yeah, and I didnt have the GodMode9.firm in my payloads folder in the luma folder either. I thought I moved it but I missed it. That's probably why it gave my error messages. But now everything seems to be working fine and I'm on the last page of the guide with GodMode9, backing my SD card section.

Thank you, however I think I may have gotten past my issue. I'm backing up my SD right now.

Last edited by Romruto,

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, the first 2 treads are issue about my n3DS. And that one was because I formatted the SDcard, thus deleting the emuNAND partition :(. So now the files/folders that I backed up are unless and I've accepted that I lost all my saves too! Thanks for trying to solve this craziness. And this one, as of right now, I think I figured out what happened and now I'm able to move to the last page on the guide for GodMode9.

Yeah, and I didnt have the GodMode9.firm in my payloads folder in the luma folder either. I thought I moved it but I missed it. That's probably why it gave my error messages. But now everything seems to be working fine and I'm on the last page of the guide with GodMode9, backing my SD card section.

OK, yeah, it can't load if it's not there. It crossed my mind it could be in the wrong folder as well. But again, was going for the way that's easy for me ;) Well, as long as it's working.

Romruto

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
OK, yeah, it can't load if it's not there. It crossed my mind it could be in the wrong folder as well. But again, was going for the way that's easy for me ;) Well, as long as it's working.
Thank you, yeah if that didnt work, I would of tried anything. My brother would kill me lol if I lost all his saves too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay