ROM Hack [Question] Pokémon Emerald VC inject with NSUI (v0.28)

h3x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have a question about Save data on Pokemon Emerald (more specifically the Pokemon Emerald Kaizo romhack, if that's relevant.) I've read that people would run into save corruption issues after beating the Elite Four on Emerald, due to an issue with the VC injects not properly formatting the saves (64kb vs 128kb.) There was some talk about manually editing the ROM in some way to prevent this. (Via other patches / HEX exits)

My question is, if I'm using NSUI to create a VC inject CIA, are there any other steps or anything that's required to prevent this from happening? I'm using a Vanilla Emerald ROM with the Emerald Kaizo patch applied. (Which is my only edit applied to the Vanilla ROM.) When using NSUI to generate a CIA, I've selected "Flash 1Mbit (Macronix, ID: 0x09C2) + RTC" as my ROM Save Type.

Should my game be fine with those settings? Or should I expect to eventually run into some weird corruption issues?

Sorry if it's a dumb question, but thanks for taking the time to read my question. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: super monkey ball