Hardware [Question] Is my 3DS recoverable? Hardmod mistake.

UMakeMiiExDee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently decided to try to hardmod my Old 3dsXL but I made a mistake and burned the Dat0 silver point on the motherboard.... When I boot the 3ds I get this blue screen error without wires.

BOOTROM: 8046
ERRCODE: 00F800EF
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
00000022 00000000

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? Thanks in advance.

bananapi761

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bootrom errors indicate a completely bricked system. I don't know if you can recover with further hardmods, the only solution I know is to send it to Nintendo for repair.

0x40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you upload a picture of the mobo?

Bootrom errors indicate a completely bricked system. I don't know if you can recover with further hardmods, the only solution I know is to send it to Nintendo for repair.
I doubt they'd do anything since it would be obvious OP was trying to mod it.

UMakeMiiExDee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you upload a picture of the mobo?

http://imgur.com/a/4a7st

^Does the link work for you?

The only thing I can think of doing is replacing the silver? Would that restore it?
I'm guessing I severed the read/write to the Nand?

I feel maybe I shouldn't have tried to get away with using a more bulky solderer instead of ordering a better one online.
embarrassing way to break a system for the first time.... any help is appreciated!

lostdotfish

Trophies
XP
Country
The EEPROM looks like it might have survived. That 8-pin chip next to it looks like it's bridged though. Hopefully if he fixes the bridged pins, the console will work again.

That's a resistor network of some sort - it may be causing it. Get some solder wick on it and try and clean up that left hand edge

I'm still gonna vote for fried epromm though

UMakeMiiExDee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the feedback, guys. I'm going to try to be optimistic and try to do what you suggested in my spare time.
I'll report back if anything changes. Thanks again.

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

Jordan Wessley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After inspecting your image, it looks like a contact is bridged around here http://imgur.com/a/c0wMF
I may just be pointing out the obvious, though. A cheap soldering iron doesn't always make a good connection as the solder doesn't get hot enough. Try scrubbing with a toothbrush and a bit of 99% isopropyl alcohol. (Don't use too much force)

Reactions: Ricken

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D