Hacking Question before I try uninstalling CFW on my New 3DS so I can try to send it to Nintendo for repairs.

Nawwo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just learned my 3DS isn't one of the models listed on the support site that can't be repaired so I want to see if I can send it in to get it fixed (tiny c-stick has never worked, my R button doesn't work 90% of the time, the screens would sometimes turn white before I hacked it but then it stopped). I know I'd mess something up trying to take it apart myself so I'm not even gonna try that. :/ Has anyone ever sent a hacked 3DS in and gotten it successfully repaired instead of sent back to you as is? Or somehow hid the fact that it's hacked? If not, I'll just attempt to unhack it with the guide and hope for the best.

If there's some other place I could send it to get it fixed that'd be great too.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just learned my 3DS isn't one of the models listed on the support site that can't be repaired so I want to see if I can send it in to get it fixed (tiny c-stick has never worked, my R button doesn't work 90% of the time, the screens would sometimes turn white before I hacked it but then it stopped). I know I'd mess something up trying to take it apart myself so I'm not even gonna try that. :/ Has anyone ever sent a hacked 3DS in and gotten it successfully repaired instead of sent back to you as is? Or somehow hid the fact that it's hacked? If not, I'll just attempt to unhack it with the guide and hope for the best.

If there's some other place I could send it to get it fixed that'd be great too.

If you model is no longer on that list, then they won't repair it.

Nintendo no longer offers factory repairs for the following systems:

• Original Nintendo 3DS - Model No. CTR-001 - Serial numbers begin with “CW” or “CB”
  • Original Nintendo 3DS XL - Model No. SPR-001 - Serial numbers begin with “SW” or “SB”
  • New Nintendo 3DS - Model No. KTR-001 - Serial numbers begin with “YW”
Anyway here is the model they won't repair anymore.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...