Gaming [Q] Why DON'T people pirate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if there was a way to counterfeit money that was 100% undetectable, and you had 100% no way of getting caught, i'm sure a lot of people would do it. if it was easy of course. as in clicking a couple buttons

Pretty sure that in that case the economy would go to complete shit and the entire concept of money would have to be reworked, but whatever. And in that case you'd actually be devaluing the currency as a whole, making other people's money worth less. Which might make it some sort of regular theft? I dunno.

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First and foremost, let it be known that I refuse to pirate games that are still being actively sold, are sources of revenue and are still are available in digital form from legit download services (i.e. eShop, PSN, XBN, Steam, Origin, etc) :P I have, however, modded my Wii and backed up every single Wii and Gamecube game that I legally obtained because I find it to be more convenient, people will still frown upon backing up legit copies but I feel fine doing it with my own games.

On-topic: I have all of my Wii and Gamecubes as well. With a 1 TB external harddrive and WiiFlow, loading everything is as simple aas turning on the HDD and the Wii.

Off-topic: Your new avatar is creepy...

Reactions: VinsCool

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On-topic: I have all of my Wii and Gamecubes as well. With a 1 TB external harddrive and WiiFlow, loading everything is as simple aas turning on the HDD and the Wii.

Off-topic: Your new avatar is creepy...

It's supposed to be, a running gag among a few friends on here, will update. But yeah, piracy for older games I personally couldn't care less about.

Reactions: VinsCool

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's supposed to be, a running gag among a few friends on here, will update. But yeah, piracy for older games I personally couldn't care less about.

I noticed that a couple of other users did the same thing, but with other faces. As long as you like it, I am fine with it.

Anyways, if the games are no longer in print or are 100% unavailable to the general public, then who cares? Especially when it comes to the NES competition cartridges, as Nintendo made them with the notion that those cartridges would not be put up for commercial sales. I did not even exist when those competitions went, but I still would like to be able to experience.

kirekun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if there was a way to counterfeit money that was 100% undetectable, and you had 100% no way of getting caught, i'm sure a lot of people would do it. if it was easy of course. as in clicking a couple buttons

People would do that, but It has bad effects on the economy.
The effects are usually noticeable on MMORPGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: though if it s important to go online for a game I would much rather buy it