Hacking (Q): Some PS Vita Hacking questions help?

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hello, guys
recently, the ps vita on FW's higher than 3.60 can be FINALLY hacked into CFW!!!!
im on 3.63 OFW (stayed there since forever, waiting desperately for a CFW entry point!)
now, it can be done, YES!!

thanx theflow!

so, naturally I have some questions to ask:

1) I found a SD2VITA adapter on amazon uk/Germany/us for less than 20 euros (that will buy as soon as I have $$),
since im was using a ps vita memory card = UX0

if I can just transfer all my old data to my SD2VITA memory card = UXO
will I need to still keep my old Sony memory card or remove it completely?
since im on a PS Vita 100x FAT model?

2) how do i I backup my legit games that I bought from my psn? using MAidumptool?
I should dump my two game cards games (FF X & tales of hearts R) using maidumptool, before I install sd2vita, as after I can't use the dump tool to backup game cards?

if I dump tales of R hearts, do I need to dump the DLC also? or because it is in my vita already?

3) can I migrate all my stuff from my PSP memory card -> my vita memory card/SD2VITA one? to use in adreline?

4) is it possible to replace the opening move of Tales of hearts R with the proper OP of hearts R
using hombrew or a windows tool?

thanx.

Last edited by 2DSGamerdude, , Reason: updated questions, solved some on my own, but still need help on some.

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1) I found a SD2VITA adapter on amazon uk/Germany/us for less than 20 euros (that will buy as soon as I have $$),
since im was using a ps vita memory card = UX0

if I can just transfer all my old data to my SD2VITA memory card = UXO
will I need to still keep my old Sony memory card or remove it completely?
since im on a PS Vita 100x FAT model?

Answer: Yes, you can just use the sd and remove your original mc;

2) how do i I backup my legit games that I bought from my psn? using MAidumptool?
I should dump my two game cards games (FF X & tales of hearts R) using maidumptool, before I install sd2vita, as after I can't use the dump tool to backup game cards?

Answer: Personally I think it´s easyier to download the games and just backup your saves; there´s a tuto for this on this forum;

3) can I migrate all my stuff from my PSP memory card -> my vita memory card/SD2VITA one? to use in adreline?

Answer: Yes you can, just be sure to mark to see all unhidden files from your PC and did first the correct procedures on your sd card (there´s tutos here too);

4) is it possible to replace the opening move of Tales of hearts R with the proper OP of hearts R
using hombrew or a windows tool?
Answer: For that I have no idea. But if you search here and take some time you´ll be good.

Reactions: 2DSGamerdude

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hay MUDD_BR, thanx for the answers to my questions,

1) yeah, I'll do that, I'll get a 64gb micro sd card and set up SD2VITA as my main UX0 using TF plugin tool.
2) yeah, I guess I could, but I can still run my bought content on SD2VITA like I did on my Sony memory card?
also, can SD2VITA run only ps vita games or run everything that a Sony memory card can?
3) so, I can copy all my psp memory card stuff that is in GAME folder (psp games/psx/psp hombrew and run them on my vita's psp emu like I do on my actual psp console?
4) I'll ask around here for this, thanx.

5) do all plugins have to run from ur0:/ in order to work?
as I can't get nonpdrm or the VSH plains to work from ur0:/
in the vitaIdent tool guide, the section which shows the NP: disabled?

Reactions: MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
5) do all plugins have to run from ur0:/ in order to work?
as I can't get nonpdrm or the VSH plains to work from ur0:/
in the vitaIdent tool guide, the section which shows the NP: disabled?

Nope, the plugins just needed to be linked to the exactly folder on your config.txt, here, for example, I´ve some plugins on ur0 and another on ux0, got it?

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Nope, the plugins just needed to be linked to the exactly folder on your config.txt, here, for example, I´ve some plugins on ur0 and another on ux0, got it?

I see, thanx

um, for adrenaline, it's basically a psp system inside a vita system?
it can run psp/psx games and homebrew like emulators and themes?

I have a 2gen psp that im using for psp stuff, so if this emu can run all my current stuff that my psp can, then I can use that to run my psp stuff and get rid of my psp 2000?

Barrons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when you back up your old sony memory card to your pc to transfer the files to the sd card did you turn on show hidden files in windows or you wouldnt of back up your sony memory card correctly some files will be missing

when you back up the sony memory card to your pc via vita shell you need to make sure you turn on show hidden files in windows then copy and paste all the files from the memory card to your pc then paste them back onto your new sd card.

everything will then work as normal if you have storagemgr installed.

this is the tutorial i followed:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-my-sd2vita-psvsd-is-having-issues-thread.510876/

i use my 64gb micro sd card for all my vita games

and my 32gb sony memory card for all my ps1 and psp games.

you can not have vita games on the memory card and the micro sd memory card

vita games will only loads from ux0 which is the mounting point for the memory card.

To change installation path of adrenaline ps1 and psx games follow the below:

1. If you use pkgj, navigate to ux0:Pkgi using VitaShell or FTP/USB and open config.txt.

2. Change the line that says "install_psp_psx_location ux0:" to "install_psp_psx_location uma0:". Save and close.

Whar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I rebuilt my database now I can't open any games that I installed with PKGj please help me fix this

Last edited by Whar2,

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I see, thanx

um, for adrenaline, it's basically a psp system inside a vita system?
it can run psp/psx games and homebrew like emulators and themes?

I have a 2gen psp that im using for psp stuff, so if this emu can run all my current stuff that my psp can, then I can use that to run my psp stuff and get rid of my psp 2000?
Yeah, adrenaline is 110% and you can run everything yet better than on your psp. It's not a emu but a perfect transition of psp, it has the hardware inside and with various advantages such as real time saving, overclock, screen adjust, dual analog plugin for some games among other stuff.

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yeah, adrenaline is 110% and you can run everything yet better than on your psp. It's not a emu but a perfect transition of psp, it has the hardware inside and with various advantages such as real time saving, overclock, screen adjust, dual analog plugin for some games among other stuff.

thanx for the info, MUDD_BR!
the fact that I can use adrenaline as a "Fully fledged" PSP and run everything that I used to on my old psp is great :)
one final question related to adrenaline:

1) will my old seplugins work fine in adrenaline with their deflate Game/VSH/POPS.txt's configed as:

"ms0:/SEPLGUINS/x plugin.prx 1"

or do they need to be changed in order to work?
like:

"ux0:Pspemu/seplugins/x plugin.prx 1"

2) do all the psp plugins work fine in adrenaline or only some and others are broken?

when you back up your old sony memory card to your pc to transfer the files to the sd card did you turn on show hidden files in windows or you wouldnt of back up your sony memory card correctly some files will be missing

when you back up the sony memory card to your pc via vita shell you need to make sure you turn on show hidden files in windows then copy and paste all the files from the memory card to your pc then paste them back onto your new sd card.

i use my 64gb micro sd card for all my vita games

and my 32gb sony memory card for all my ps1 and psp games.

hay, barrons! thanx for the tips, I've already backed up my vita ux0 on my pc and did the show hidden files option,
I don't have my SD2VITA yet as I just ordered it today & need to get a micro sd 6gb card aswell.

i'lll also backup my psp memory card to my pc to use it in adrenaline,
the 64gb card will allow me to run all my psp stuff in adrenaline and my vita stuff too!

um, im planning to use SD2VITA as "main ux0" and get rid of the Sony vita 16gb card that I had,
um, for this what is a good tut to follow?

also once I have copied the files over to my new sd, can I use two configs or have all my vita plugins in ur0?
ATM I have some in Ux0 and some in ur0.

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1) will my old seplugins work fine in adrenaline with their deflate Game/VSH/POPS.txt's configed as:

"ms0:/SEPLGUINS/x plugin.prx 1"

or do they need to be changed in order to work?
like:

"ux0:Pspemu/seplugins/x plugin.prx 1"

2) do all the psp plugins work fine in adrenaline or only some and others are broken?

Hey!
You´re right, just move your plugins to pspemu/seplugins folder
then create a 'game.txt' file and write in it
"ms0:/seplugins/plugin_name.prx 1" (Without commas)
And put the game.txt inside the 'ux0:/pspemu/seplugins/' folder.
All the plugins I´ve tested here worked like a charm (mostly tempAR, cheats db for ps1 and analog tweaks for some psp games).

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey!
You´re right, just move your plugins to pspemu/seplugins folder
then create a 'game.txt' file and write in it
"ms0:/seplugins/plugin_name.prx 1" (Without commas)
And put the game.txt inside the 'ux0:/pspemu/seplugins/' folder.
All the plugins I´ve tested here worked like a charm (mostly tempAR, cheats db for ps1 and analog tweaks for some psp games).

hay, yeah since adrenaline is a psp emu, it works basically like a psp should, so everything is the same basically :)
"easy pickings!"

I've backed up my psp memory card to my pc and got my 64gb card for vita, waiting for the SD2VITA to arrive from china seller through amazon Germany.
meanwhile, I'll format the new 64gb card to exFat and put my ux0 backup to it through pc?

after I have made SD2VITA my main UX0, can I still use QCMA to backup my system and apps and legit games from psn?
Like FF I-x-2, etc?

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hay, yeah since adrenaline is a psp emu, it works basically like a psp should, so everything is the same basically :)
"easy pickings!"

I've backed up my psp memory card to my pc and got my 64gb card for vita, waiting for the SD2VITA to arrive from china seller through amazon Germany.
meanwhile, I'll format the new 64gb card to exFat and put my ux0 backup to it through pc?

after I have made SD2VITA my main UX0, can I still use QCMA to backup my system and apps and legit games from psn?
Like FF I-x-2, etc?
Yeah, you can do all of this; just remember to use this to format your sd card:
Everything is easy to access via google, good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...