Hacking [Q] charging 3ds via usb

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
where i live , we only have 220v and my 3ds charger is 110v... using step down every time I charge is really annoying...
so my question is can I just cut the charger port and connect a male usb to the other end then charge??
I had a problem using a USB charger cable with the 3ds;for some reason it somehow fucked with the touchscreen

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
what happen to your touchscreen?? and are you sure its the usb cable??
Yes I did boil the problem down to the USB charge; I exhausted the battery and charged from the regular charger and it went back to normal. I know it sounds unbelievable but I kid you not. playing with the power plugged in was fine, but with the battery it made the touchscreen control all jittery, and others have replicated these results.

tickle.my.pickle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I did boil the problem down to the USB charge; I exhausted the battery and charged from the regular charger and it went back to normal. I know it sounds unbelievable but I kid you not. playing with the power plugged in was fine, but with the battery it made the touchscreen control all jittery, and others have replicated these results.

:blink:
so i should go back to the wall charger??

and others have replicated these results

can you give me the link to that website or thread??

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

I used to have the exact opposite problem with a fake 220V charger. It screws the touchscreen whenever I plugged it in.

Use official charger if you can. Unofficial ones could screw your 3DS.

robo989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope... i can confirm 110 charger from US ver of 3dsxL doesn't work in 220v... :/

You're a liar.

You haven't checked it and just trying to contribute to give yourself some sense of worth in life (weird).

Works fine. There is no power supply inside a DS/3DS/3DSXL, the power adapter does the conversion to DC at the wall socket and outputs something like 1amp/6v or around there at a guess, haven't checked.

Charging by USB port is 100% fine. It's all about what rated power input is, just have a look. USB can be up to 500mamps/5v within spec, but lower or higher within reason doesn't really matter.

hashcheck1

Trophies
XP
Country
rest assured its fine to charge with usb. i have replaced charge port on 3dsxl with a miniusb connector for my capture kit. on usb 2.0 your only charging at 5volts 500ma so it will just take longer as standard is 4.6v 1200ma. i charge mine however with my note 3 charger at 5v 2000ma and never had issues

Demonchld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't even know that it didn't support all countries that sucks....

Honestly if I were u I would just buy a local charger its better then blowing up your 3DS

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're a liar.

You haven't checked it and just trying to contribute to give yourself some sense of worth in life (weird).

Works fine. There is no power supply inside a DS/3DS/3DSXL, the power adapter does the conversion to DC at the wall socket and outputs something like 1amp/6v or around there at a guess, haven't checked.

I think you misread his post. He's saying you can't use a 110 adapter in a 220 outlet, while you're arguing that you can use a 220 adapter with 3DS that came with a 110 adapter. Stop. You're both right. Any AC adapter can work with any 3DS, but only use an AC adapter with the type of power it was designed to plug into.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1