Hardware Purposed 3DS HD model - what would you pay?

How much

• No Thanks, I don't see the benifit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No more then the DS

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • $300

• $400

• Total voters

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Midna said:
...Except you sort of also need the rest of the hardware in there as well.
All other things being equal, would a slightly bigger screen (that could fit into the current DS Lite) make it into a netbook? Would it somehow stop being a handheld?

alphafour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
alucard77 said:
Midna,

I don't see where my logic is flawed. Maybe my communication is flawed. I think 3D in order to have to have an emcompassing effect needs to be done on a large scale. I don't see the flaw in that logic.

As for it being impossible, that is debatable. I would argue that doing 3D without glasses was considered impossible.

Surely by "encompassing" you mean 3D which covers your whole field of view? That's not going to work... even 6 inches doesn't cover your whole field of view.. why do we need to even do that? 3D would, in my opinion, work pretty well on a small scale.

Also.. do you really think anybody is going to buy a DS with a 6 inch screen? Do you not comprehend how big that would be? If the top screen was 6 inches and the bottom screen was only 4 or 5 inches, it would still be a mammoth device. It would be like carrying about a denshi jisho but would most likely be heavier due to the increased power that would have to be on board.

On your point of HD, why do we need to have a 3DS in HD? how many people ,honestly, think "DS" when they want to watch a movie? even handheld? If I wanted to watch a movie on the move, I wouldn't expect it to be blu-ray standard unless I want a battery life of .000000034 nanoseconds.

On your point of some developers making games in 720p.. you're saying that the standard 3DS would have to downscale the content from 720p? on the fly? how much computing power would that need? If not that many people bothered to buy the 3DS HD, those developers are on the rocks, right?

I can see your point of the HD having an ability to upscale normal 3DS games but.. I don't think you really thought this through.. the insane of amount of power needed for all of these different extra features (as others have already mentioned) would drive the price up considerably.. Nintendo has always been the firm who comes in at a low price.. even the 3DS is (in my opinion) a low priced product considering it has 100% market share in terms of it's main feature. Nintendo is not going to want to soil the image of good price good value..

the 3HDS (that's what I'd call it) would just be bad price.. and passable value..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1