Homebrew PTM for Activity Log in FBI/JKSM/GodMode9

Jiro2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of continuing to post in three separate threads about the same thing, here's one thread.

I've been trying to copy activity log from one machine to another (both with a9lh, after a botched system transfer that wiped both of them and required restoring a NAND backup on the source machine).

Copying Activity Log, Mii Plaza, Mii Maker, and everything in F0000009 causes the "Software Library" part of Activity Log to be correct. The Daily Records part, however, shows *only* the daily records for software--not the daily or total pedometer records, which are now 0.

https://3dbrew.org/wiki/PTM_Savegame claims that PTM save (which according to https://3dbrew.org/wiki/System_SaveData is located in 10022) contains the play log for both pedometer and software.

JKSM doesn't support backing up PTM. Trying to back it up with FBI is impossible if I use "System Save Data/00010022, producing an error "Failed to open file system archive" and "Resource locked". Howeverm I am able to open CTR NAND/data/(ID)/sysdata/00010022/00000000. I am also able to open the same file in GodMode9. It is unclear why the difference between using FBI these two ways. Also, I still don't understand why there is a file named 00000000 but 3dbrew lists file names like "Pedometer.dat" and "PlayHistory.dat"--are they real filenames? Am I looking in the wrong place for them? (They obviously are not FAT16 filenames.) And why are there two files listed there but there's only one file, the 00000000? Does the 00000000 contain two files somehow, or is 3dbrew just wrong about where PlayHistory.dat is located?

Trying to copy the 00000000 file to the second machine's CTRNAND directly (using GodMode9) causes the second machine's pedometer records to be completely wiped. This suggests to me that this is the correct
file, but is considered corrupt when directly copied. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to change its checksum and/or reencrypt it. https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Savegames may have some information but is beyond my expertise.

Does anyone have any clue what is going on here?

Reactions: Ryccardo

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As you may know, everywhere in 3DS (and other console) formats there are ridiculously stupid levels of recursive archiving (a CIA contains a NCSD with some NCCH that have a Romfs that is made of files...)

...well, 00000000 is the container for the actual save file(s) like Pedometer.dat could be (I haven't ever seen the contents of the PTM save), and it's encrypted per-console. You might be able to transfer it with Decrypt9's old "SD decryptor/encryptor" functions, and 3dsfuse might be able to access its contents; but I've never tried either of these!

00000000 can't normally be accessed because PTM is already running :)

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
@Jiro2
Do you have any details about NAND:/data/<ID0>/extdata/F0000009/ ?

I just want to delete some game icons on Software Library from restoring backed-up NAND files without wiping other especially everything of Mii Plaza.
The game icons (and even playlogs) store at neither PTM savegame nor Activity Log savegame.

(Edit)
Restoring the entire F0000009 backup didn't wipe out any game icons.
I have to restore the entire NAND backup instead.

Last edited by MelonGx,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The game icons (and even playlogs) store at neither PTM savegame nor Activity Log savegame.
Correct, there are two icon databases, the shared one (used for mii plaza "last played", friend's favorite/active software, notifications list, ...) and the home screen one.
You can delete them with the Cthulhu homebrew, but it can't just remove some items last time I checked.

Play logs are definitely stored in PTM ("this app open during this time") and Activity Log (the totals displayed in the bottom section, which probably can be recalculated from PTM)

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Play logs are definitely stored in PTM ("this app open during this time") and Activity Log (the totals displayed in the bottom section, which probably can be recalculated from PTM)
Then how to explain that the new games auto-register to Activity Log even after restored PTM and Activity Log save backups only?

BTW, finally I gave up finding out the file which caused the auto-registry to Activity Log even restored PTM and Activity Log save backups.
I restored an old NAND backup and injected the entire NAND:/data/ by Godmode9 to fix this problem.

fireframe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Had same issues with the OP, it seems copying the 0000000 file wont do anything since it's most likely encrypted per device NAND (<<< CMIIW).

I successfully import all pedometer data by using this app here:
https://chaosgamez.com/threads/pedometer-changer-from-sdk-11-4.4953/

While for play data history, i used JKSV.

For the game icons, I still have no luck. Tried to use chtlutu, but it wipes all the icons instead of copying (idk why either).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5