Psvita vs Pstv for PSP emulation

Kibbutz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys. i have a request for you, a friend of mine want to buy a system for playing psp games but he doesn't know if it's better a pstv or a psvita. Any advice please?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
As for the OP's question, there really isn't a major difference, but I don't see why you'd buy a system you can't move around for PSP games alone when you could just do that on PC. I'd go with a Vita.

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
He prefer the ps vita or ps tv for the bigger screen

Ok but PSP games on PSVita doesn't run at PSVita resolution, making them look slightly worse than on the original PSP.
There is a patch for that but is breaks most of the games so it's not really recommended.

P.S. I'm quite new to the PSVita so these infos can be wrong.

Kibbutz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As for the OP's question, there really isn't a major difference, but I don't see why you'd buy a system you can't move around for PSP games alone when you could just do that on PC. I'd go with a Vita.
Thank you for your reply, probably is the best the ps vita because he travel a lot and it's more portable.
Post automatically merged:

Ok but PSP games on PSVita doesn't run at PSVita resolution, making them look slightly worse than on the original PSP.
There is a patch for that but is breaks most of the games so it's not really recommended.

I know that, but with some filters and the sharpscale plugin you a have a overall nicer image. Maybe down the line he want to try ps1 games and ps vita games, we'll never know lol

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Bit late to the party, but PSTV has IMO one huge advantage: USB-connector. No need for finicky SD2VITA.

Kibbutz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Bit late to the party, but PSTV has IMO one huge advantage: USB-connector. No need for finicky SD2VITA.
You are right, but in my pstv i prefer using sd2vita because for some reason storage manager sometimes decide to unmount my uma0 for no reason at start up lol
in the end he opted for a pstv just because he will use it at home on tv and he find pretty usefull the usb port.

Kibbutz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i'm not sure if vita plugins take effect in adrenaline. but i was wondering. couldn't you use udcd-uvc to "dock" your vita, and display it to a tv?
You can use minivitatv 8if i remember the right name) thatmakes you dock your vita to the tv, but if he doesn't need anything more than emulation maybe it's easier with a pstv.

SMNFXCN

fox-raccoon hybrid
Trophies
Website
simonfoxcoon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
You can use minivitatv 8if i remember the right name) thatmakes you dock your vita to the tv, but if he doesn't need anything more than emulation maybe it's easier with a pstv.
you'll still need an aux cable for sound. i think a ferrite bead is recommended because you'll hear buzzing sound

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved having a PSP when I was mobile all the time. For at-home play, though, a PSTV is likely to be pretty cheap, and a lot more powerful. I would go PSTV.

Taquitos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The PSP screen resolution was weird to adapt at first on the PSVita but after fiddling with some settings it looked alright.
I was still tempted to buy a PSP console, there's some really beautiful console colors out there!
I'm glad you found something for you.

Vampirex

Dhampir
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

check out sharpscale plugin, integer scaling for psp and ps1

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably fewer pstvs out there. It was discontinued in less than a year. With that being said, a vita might be cheaper. Also, if he cares about vita games, some games need the TouchPad on the back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps