Hardware PSVita System Software Update V1.65 is out

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think i'll update unless I can't access PSN without updating.
I agree. A few bug fixes are not worth the possible loss of a future exploit.
(edit: I know it's a lot of IFs, but still...)
Yea, I mean I might be missing out on a few small changes but its not worth it to me and its a big if but who knows what can happen plus I don't like to having to be forced to update just to use the console stuff.

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country
wait so can we still use PSN store without updating or not? i left my app open, now when i continue i can still use it? does it mean it doesn't check firmware version while in use or that it doesn't check it at all? cause i can't access PSN on ps3 unless i get latest firmware which is a bunch of poop

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
wait so can we still use PSN store without updating or not? i left my app open, now when i continue i can still use it? does it mean it doesn't check firmware version while in use or that it doesn't check it at all? cause i can't access PSN on ps3 unless i get latest firmware which is a bunch of poop
Not sure since I haven't tried yet.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I tried accessing the PSN store on a lower firmware it told me "There's a new System Update", or something along those lines and took me to the screen that allows me to select how to download the update. So I'm going with no PSN access unless you're on the latest firmware.

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country
i just tried it and it works fine unless i close the store... i even made a video to prove you wrong. i am just that bored today. haven't tried to buy anything, but i can obviously download crap.

excuse the phone quality, as i was doing that while holding my phone. impossible to use a touchscreen withing a touchscreen this.

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country
So you just need to have the store pre-opened before jumping on the Wifi right?

yeah pretty much, i assume they check for firmware only when store is being opened, not once it is opened. i had it opened before update, now i can just "continue" and it stays open if i play games as well.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
So you just need to have the store pre-opened before jumping on the Wifi right?

yeah pretty much, i assume they check for firmware only when store is being opened, not once it is opened. i had it opened before update, now i can just "continue" and it stays open if i play games as well.
Ah okay. Awesome now I don't need to update at all :D Cause where I live there is no Wifi and I have to actually goto a Wifi hotspot to play online so I could easily have it pre-opened before checking for new stuff on PSN, also I use OpenCMA so I don't really know how to update it >_>

You can use the browser normally right?

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country
i do not know if u can just pre-open it. mine was open all the time, i never bother closing it as it doesn't interfere with other programs apparently.

browser works fine. Everything works fine, it is just a small bug on sony's part, though seriously forcing the updates to use psn is rubbish... i can't even access games i bought and supposedly own unless i update... i wonder if one could sue for that.

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
i do not know if u can just pre-open it. mine was open all the time, i never bother closing it as it doesn't interfere with other programs apparently.

browser works fine. Everything works fine, it is just a small bug on sony's part, though seriously forcing the updates to use psn is rubbish... i can't even access games i bought and supposedly own unless i update... i wonder if one could sue for that.
Ah okay. Well i'm sure it works if its pre-opened where it can't connect to the internet.

I don't think you can sue but of course its stupid but all companies want to be able to fully control how you use your console and hasn't sony been doing this for a while now I mean with the PS3?

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah ps3 is annoying as hell, i get to play on it like 2 times a month, and each time i gotta spend like 30minutes updating it to check whats new on PS Store... part of why it is collecting dust really... all it does is inconvenience everyone yet has no actual purpose...

Just Another Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah ps3 is annoying as hell, i get to play on it like 2 times a month, and each time i gotta spend like 30minutes updating it to check whats new on PS Store... part of why it is collecting dust really... all it does is inconvenience everyone yet has no actual purpose...
Isn't your PS3 on CFW?

Cause I thought if it has CFW then it wouldn't need to update to play new games but yea its bloody annoying that Sony really likes to do this stuff, I think its just because Sony is really controlling and so forth.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since when did people bitch about required updates to access online shops? I can't even access the Wii Shop because I'm still on 4.0.

Also when did this rather mundane thread with the purpose of being helpful and informative become "WELL THESE UPDATES ARE JUST TYRANNY OVER CUSTOMERS BLAH BLAH BLAH."

Seriously, I just came here to see what was up with the latest update, not to discuss corporate control over our products.

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, lol this gone quite off topic, but still i do not need to update windows to play games online, or to update my steam to access the shop... it is just stupid, and being "norm" doesn't mean everyone should accept it and live with it. Just like airport security. I'd prefer lady groping me over the bloke as well. KK THX

also if i don't want to update, it does not mean i pirate everything. i play lots of games on PC and i own most of them, most of ones i do not own are ones with idiotic DRMs etc. like Mass Effect 3 for example. If it is norm. to get stuck a 2by4 up your behind every time you launch a game i rather not do play the game, or i just get it from "illegal" sources. Blame pirates for lost sales? It isn't pirates fault in the first place. all my DRM protected games are cracked even if i own them, cause i do not plan to pay 30£ or w/e a month just so i could fire up a game to play on the go.

yeah, ugh back on topic? i don't think theres anything else to say? unless you tested the start up shop offline with old FW to see if it works once you get online?

Warlord698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since when did people bitch about required updates to access online shops? I can't even access the Wii Shop because I'm still on 4.0.

Also when did this rather mundane thread with the purpose of being helpful and informative become "WELL THESE UPDATES ARE JUST TYRANNY OVER CUSTOMERS BLAH BLAH BLAH."

Seriously, I just came here to see what was up with the latest update, not to discuss corporate control over our products.
there are homebrew workarounds to where you can access the wii shop, I know, I use them myself LOL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o