PSP2 as powerfull as PS3

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HaniKazmi said:
I remember people saying the same for the 3DS before the reveal. Didn't turn out true though
tongue.gif

It'll probably be slightly more powerful than the wii, but look better due to the smaller screen
True enough. That was IGN who started that bullshit rumor. No one believed them though lol! It was always a totally ridiculous statement. Not the first time they've done such a foolish thing though...
rolleyes.gif

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GundamXXX said:
RockmanForte said:
You guys are always guesses and assumptions. Its best to wait for the fact answer. Oh brother.

As the source said, Sony is making these claims to devs so its not guesses and assumptions in my books
He never said the claims were guesses and assumptions, he said people are making guesses and assumptions over this claim.

bladepwnedyou

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like another money maker that's soon to go wrong. If the ps3 was so high of a price where it the whole company was actually losing more than gaining more, then hopefully if their claims on this new handheld is true they learned from their mistakes. If it's as powerful as the ps3, then the starting price will probably be as equal as well. Looks like regardless of being more powerful 3ds will still kick it's ass with lower pricing.
psp.gif
hate2.gif
yaynds.gif

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
GundamXXX said:
RockmanForte said:
You guys are always guesses and assumptions. Its best to wait for the fact answer. Oh brother.

As the source said, Sony is making these claims to devs so its not guesses and assumptions in my books
Oh wait, since when do we believe companies when they talk about super special awesome impossible shit that their future product can do?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
TwinRetro said:
Hey guys! Remember when Sony said that the PSP would be as powerful as the PS2?

Yeah, I've heard this song and dance before.
Still, the kind of games that run on the PSP are very comparable to PS2 games. Of course, that doesn't make their statement correct, but it means the PSP2 will be pretty powerful!

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
sony is hoping it wont be as insecure as the ps3
so much power... i dont think thts what sold the ps3. its all about the games and inviting good companies to make games esp with more than regular hardware (thesedays its important) to create new styles of gameplay
unless graphics can bring a hige change in gameplay (like ff13) it would be quite good

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What saved the PS3 from an early death was BluRay winning the format wars. Sony expected that sooner so they could mimic exactly the launch of the PS2. You know, buy it as a relatively cheap BD/DVD player then people will buy the games.

bladepwnedyou

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Can anybody say ff7,8,or9 remakes?! I can see that as a possibility, seeing as how Nintendo decided to remake games from the n64 era, why not the ps1 era to show off sony's new handheld power.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quoted for truth:

Argentum Vir said:
. I predict that this will sate even the most hardcore palettes, while beating the pants off of the PSP2's battery life. Which we all know that the PSP2 will be a graphics whoring, insanely powerful handheld, that is only mildly more portable because it must be tethered to the wall by a 20ft (at least!) charger.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@ Resolution lower argument:
They stated to developers that it is as powerful they didn't say it looks just as good due to the screen being smaller.
If this were true, the PSP2 would require cooling systems and a battery big enough to kill you if you drop it on yourself. :/

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to break it to Sony and other people in the dark about this fact, but...

POWER =/= SUCCESS

I expect that this system will be able to handle games with incredible graphics and amazing length, and I believe that developers and Sony will deliver games meeting these standards. I do however doubt the quality of these games and the replay value, assuming a single playthrough is bearable.

Also, in order for this system to be successful, it has to be able to play games for more that 15 minutes, which would require the equivalent of a nuclear reactor in terms of battery options.

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone thinking that the battery will last for about 15 minutes??? Implementing a PS3 in a tiny screen is simply retarded... What can you do with all this power on such a screen? Sure a 42 inch 1080p TV screen is fine but a PS3-PSP is a stupid idea

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: admonish