Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
_Chaz_ said:
POWER ? SUCCESS
Fix'd.

Well in any case, this is great news. Nintendo has some good competition. Both will be driven to improve if their competition is harsh. And like any sensible person, I know that I can enjoy a PSP2 as much as a 3DS as long as it has the right games.

Edit: Although I'm hoping for a decent battery on both of them :\

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
SHouldn't have expected any more from GBAtemp. Why such hostility? You can show hostility when we see the design, controls, and battery life.
Sony says their portable has great graphics, all any of you can do is rip on Sony.
You're a total fanboy if you hate it just for coming from Sony. Personally, I'm very interested to see what sort of games it gets. I do suspect a lot of scaled down console ports, but I'll remain hopeful for now.

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i don't believe anything until the thing is officially revealed and can be proven. don't think that the handheld will be nearly as strong as the ps3. perhaps the games will just optically have an appearance that seems to be like that of the big brother, but that will not necessarily need an hardware as strong as that for the stationary console. we'll see

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Final Fantasy XIII handheld???
wub.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
SHouldn't have expected any more from GBAtemp. Why such hostility? You can show hostility when we see the design, controls, and battery life.
Sony says their portable has great graphics, all any of you can do is rip on Sony.
You're a total fanboy if you hate it just for coming from Sony. Personally, I'm very interested to see what sort of games it gets. I do suspect a lot of scaled down console ports, but I'll remain hopeful for now.
You know, I would half way respect Sony if they wouldn't make bullshit claims, and would actually state what their console will actually be capable of. Only half way though because their PR is still shit talking mother fuckers. The only way to make a battery that could power a portable ps3 is one that has been made out of Carbon Tubes, and the research isn't coming even close to that.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Argentum Vir said:
Midna said:
You know, I would half way respect Sony if they wouldn't make bullshit claims, and would actually state what their console will actually be capable of. Only half way though because their PR is still shit talking mother fuckers. The only way to make a battery that could power a portable ps3 is one that has been made out of Carbon Tubes, and the research isn't coming even close to that.

Interesting topic, though off topic.

The technology to build a real life light saber already exists, though what doesn't is the massive power that is required, and carbon nano tube based batteries would take care of that.

ecko

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TwinRetro said:
Argentum Vir said:
Midna said:

The technology to build a real life light saber already exists, though what doesn't is the massive power that is required, and carbon nano tube based batteries would take care of that.
cant they just hook it up to a nuclear reactor?

OT: i highly doubt that psp2 is gonna be anywhere near the ps3's power.
maybe good graphics, but that's ofc because of a smaller screen

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tigran said:
Remember.... The PS2 can display Toy Story quality graphics!

...What does this have to do with the topic at hand?

And for all the haters, you're bashing Sony for trying to say it's powerful. Boo-hoo. People who realize that it may actually be really fucking powerful try to say "it has no gaems" (which it doesn't because it hasn't even been announced, derp) or will criticize battery life (which is still up in the air).

Also, "is as powerful as" and "looks equivalent too" usually seem to be the same thing in an average consumer's eyes. Some unknowing video game fan who isn't quite big on specs and just wants a PSP2 because he liked his PSP may pick one up, turn it on, and go "Wow this thing looks as good as the PS3!" If it looks as good as a PS3 in terms of graphics then I don't really care about its power, provided it can run games.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
Argentum Vir said:
Midna said:

I think it's funny that you called his post off topic, when it was actually quite relevant, and then posted this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Its not really funny, that's why not.