Hardware PSP model comparison?

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
The PSP you have is probably your best bet. Sure the 3000 has a brighter screen but they still get scanlines on most of them. I know 2 people that have the 3000 model and they where nice at first but the scanlines developed on both of them after using them for awhile. Plus they are all semi hackable motherboards which is a minus as well.

JamesCID

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ZeroDeception said:
Sure the 3000 has a brighter screen but they still get scanlines on most of them. I know 2 people that have the 3000 model and they where nice at first but the scanlines developed on both of them after using them for awhile.

The scanlines are always there, it has to do with the way the technology the screen uses and are ALWAYS present, they don't just magically develop over time, if you start noticing them then that's another story.

Also, the 1k and 2k models with the old screen have ghosting problems, always, similar to the scan lines but instead of scrolling vertically to notice them the ghosting is present on every direction, said ghosting was one of the reasons for the screen change, both undesired behaviors are equally obvious ( or non obvious, depending on how picky you are). So just look it as a tradeoff; Scanlines vs ghosting.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
JamesCID said:
ZeroDeception said:
Sure the 3000 has a brighter screen but they still get scanlines on most of them. I know 2 people that have the 3000 model and they where nice at first but the scanlines developed on both of them after using them for awhile.

The scanlines are always there, it has to do with the way the technology the screen uses and are ALWAYS present, they don't just magically develop over time, if you start noticing them then that's another story.

Also, the 1k and 2k models with the old screen have ghosting problems, always, similar to the scan lines but instead of scrolling vertically to notice them the ghosting is present on every direction, said ghosting was one of the reasons for the screen change, both undesired behaviors are equally obvious ( or non obvious, depending on how picky you are). So just look it as a tradeoff; Scanlines vs ghosting.

Well I also saw PSP 2000+ (3000+) with HORRIBLE ghosting screen. But hey, my gf has a PSP 3000 and sure the screen seems nicer, but rather scanlined, while mine`s psp seem nice! Brightness @ level 2 will show an all colorful and constant image quality.

And the ghosting raster effect on some psp´s is horrible

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You guys do realise there are pictures of all the screen versions of the PSP hidden within those spoilers above...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.