Hacking [PSP] La Pucelle Ragnarok Translation

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so some minor progress. I have a save file and I can observe the Triple Exp Purification bug. The triple exp is not given with the patch but works fine with the original ISO. The bug shows up both on the PSP and with PPSSPP. Nice that it shows up with PPSSPP so I will not have to download to PSP every time I try to fix it.

Now to just find the files dealing with the Triple Exp. My guess is that its an overflow bug where the text for Triple Exp Purification is too large and causing issues.

-ChepChep

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I think I found the Triple XP Purification bug in talk00.dat file inside of START_JP.LZS.

The opcodes for A) and B) were not right and C) and D) were correct.

a.) Triple XP in the next battle.
b.) Triple XP for the next purification.
c.) Triple money for the next map.
d.) Triple effect for next training

I was able to fix the opcode and with PPSSPP was able to get the Triple XP for the next purification to work. I have no confirmed with PSP.

Please give the new patch a try with the fix. I also changed the fixed width font to a slightly smaller size which I find more pleasing on the eyes.
  • LPR_patched_v1_1_0.xdelta (Link)

I cannot believe I did not find the solution to this bug all those years ago. It was so simple. I guess fresh eyes helped and having completed translating two other games.

Let me know if the fix works and if it works for you then I will post it to the main page.

Thanks,
-ChepChep

Reactions: Cyan

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright so some minor progress. I have a save file and I can observe the Triple Exp Purification bug. The triple exp is not given with the patch but works fine with the original ISO. The bug shows up both on the PSP and with PPSSPP. Nice that it shows up with PPSSPP so I will not have to download to PSP every time I try to fix it.

Now to just find the files dealing with the Triple Exp. My guess is that its an overflow bug where the text for Triple Exp Purification is too large and causing issues.

-ChepChep

thanks for the update. I'm just playing a different game right now, but if you have any questions just let me know. I cant wait to get back to playing La Pucelle :)

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I think I found the Triple XP Purification bug in talk00.dat file inside of START_JP.LZS.

The opcodes for A) and B) were not right and C) and D) were correct.

a.) Triple XP in the next battle.
b.) Triple XP for the next purification.
c.) Triple money for the next map.
d.) Triple effect for next training

I was able to fix the opcode and with PPSSPP was able to get the Triple XP for the next purification to work. I have no confirmed with PSP.

Please give the new patch a try with the fix. I also changed the fixed width font to a slightly smaller size which I find more pleasing on the eyes.
  • LPR_patched_v1_1_0.xdelta (Link)

I cannot believe I did not find the solution to this bug all those years ago. It was so simple. I guess fresh eyes helped and having completed translating two other games.

Let me know if the fix works and if it works for you then I will post it to the main page.

Thanks,
-ChepChep

i cant patch it for some reason?? Im doing the same thing i did before, but when i click "Patch", a message pops up saying:

XDelta3:target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

i even deleted all the files/applications, and re-downloaded it, but im still getting the same message.

This is the site i got the links from:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/psp-la-pucelle-ragnarok-translation.320662/

i downloaded all the links on that page EXCEPT for the patch. The patch i downloaded is the new one that you just posted above.

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ive been messing around with it for over an hour now, and i still keep getting the same message.

I dont know what the heck is wrong cause i was able to patch the other one without any problems.

im getting really frustrated. This kind of crap always happens to me (ie Good news followed immediately by bad news)

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i swear ive tried everything. I even deleted the ISO and redownloaded it.

i dont know what else to do. Why is this current patch not "patching" the ISO? The other patch patched it right away?

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patch is working for me.

You need to have a clean ISO. I am using the Caravan release ISO. Some sites modify the ISO to make them smaller.

Make sure you have this ISO: (http://renascene.com/info/umd/2044) The UMD Caravan release that is ~ 818 MB.

Instruction to patch the game:
1) You need to dump your UMD, or use this release : La_Pucelle_Ragnarok_JPN_PSP-Caravan (filename cvn-lpr)
2) Download the patch
3) Download xdelta UI
4) Backup ISO
5) Run xdelta UI
6) Patch LPR iso with LPR_patched_v1_x_x.xdelta in xdelta UI

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Patch is working for me.

You need to have a clean ISO. I am using the Caravan release ISO. Some sites modify the ISO to make them smaller.

Make sure you have this ISO: (http://renascene.com/info/umd/2044) The UMD Caravan release that is ~ 818 MB.

Instruction to patch the game:
1) You need to dump your UMD, or use this release : La_Pucelle_Ragnarok_JPN_PSP-Caravan (filename cvn-lpr)
2) Download the patch
3) Download xdelta UI
4) Backup ISO
5) Run xdelta UI
6) Patch LPR iso with LPR_patched_v1_x_x.xdelta in xdelta UI

i dont mean to sound rude, but i mentioned (in all 3 of my recent posts) that the ISO i used worked with the first patch, so why doesnt it work with this patch??

i get all my ISO's from *snip* btw, and that ISO (after extracting it) comes to 837,888KB =~ 834MB

so like i said, your old patch works fine, but this new patch doesnt let me patch the ISO

Last edited by Cyan, , Reason: please, don't mention ISO sharing website name. thanks.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I understand it might be frustrating, but there's no need to become angry against each others, everyone is trying to find a solution.

isn't Xdelta checking a checksum before and after the patch?
I remember some xdelta patchers and patches contains a verification to determine if the patch is successfully done or not, and if the source is matching the expected data.

Did you try the patched ISO in an emulator or on a real PSP hardware?
or maybe both?

Chepchep, can you provide Sha1 or MD5 of both original and patched version ?

Last edited by Cyan,

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The MD5 of the original ISO is:
81D3A301CA701865565E593D47B379FD

Patched ISO for cvn-lpr_v1.1.0.iso is:
470B74EC908CAF726D2C96DBB296669C

Does the old patch apply to the ISO?

Also are you sure the ISO that you are trying to patch has not been previously patched or trimmed? The ISO needs to be the original with nothing patched. Also have you tried to apply the DLC? The patch will not work with an ISO with the DLC on it.

We can get this figured out.

-ChepChep

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Does the old patch apply to the ISO?

Also are you sure the ISO that you are trying to patch has not been previously patched or trimmed? The ISO needs to be the original with nothing patched. Also have you tried to apply the DLC? The patch will not work with an ISO with the DLC on it.

We can get this figured out.

-ChepChep

Yes the old patch applied to the ISO, i dont own a PSP, nor have i ever owned one (small screens give me a headache, which is the same reason i HATE the DS)

The ISO i tried was the same ISO that i patched previously. I assumed that maybe an ISO can only be patched 1 time, thus, i deleted it, and redownloaded it from *snip* again.

The ISO from *snip* is not the issue, because like i said, it patched fine with the older patch file you had.

the ONLY thing that changed was the new patch you gave me, because like i said, i ended up deleting EVERYTHING (toolpack, python fileformat tools, XdeltaUI, the Japanese ISO), and redownloading it all. The only thing i didnt download was the patch (version 1_0_1), instead, i downloaded the one you linked above (version 1_1_0)

as for the Downloadable content (DLC), i didnt even know there was DLC for this game, so no, it has nothing to do with the DLC

also, what the heck is:

i know NOTHING about programming/computer information, so this info means absolutely nothing to me

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I understand it might be frustrating, but there's no need to become angry against each others, everyone is trying to find a solution.

isn't Xdelta checking a checksum before and after the patch?
I remember some xdelta patchers and patches contains a verification to determine if the patch is successfully done or not, and if the source is matching the expected data.

Did you try the patched ISO in an emulator or on a real PSP hardware?
or maybe both?

Chepchep, can you provide Sha1 or MD5 of both original and patched version ?

being angry, and being frustrated are 2 different things. Im frustrated, but im NOT frustrated with chep. I am grateful for chep's work and effort in all this.

what frustrates me is the fact that chep said it is working for him, yet it doesnt work for me .......... this happens way too often in my life. I feel like im always the person that has to struggle, while things tend to work out for other people

so im sorry if i sounded upset, but im not mad at anyone, im just frustrated with my own life

Last edited by Cyan, , Reason: please, don't mention ISO sharing website name. thanks.

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just an FYI:

i downloaded the OLD patch (the one with the triple EXP problem), and tried that one again, and sure enough, it patched on the first try.

so again, something is wrong with the current patch.

Im a math and physics girl, so if you have the following:

A(patch) + B(ISO) = C(patched ISO)

and you change A, such that, you are not getting the answer of C anymore, then it is A's fault, not B's

EDIT: im going crazy here. Im trying to research things that could have gone wrong, and the only thing that i found was that when you receive the message:

XDelta3:target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

it usually means the input source file (Unpatched ISO), is not exactly the same as the one the patch was generated for.

and apparently you need to verify the "sha1 checksums" of the input and output files separately before and after using Xdelta. This, i dont know how to do.

Last edited by FinalFLuver,

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I rebuild the patch from scratch and then applied it to the CVN-LPR.ISO

Here is the new patch:
  • LPR_patched_v1_1_1.xdelta (Link)

I have applied it to the original ISO and confirm that it works for me on PPSSPP.

-ChepChep

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright so I rebuild the patch from scratch and then applied it to the CVN-LPR.ISO

Here is the new patch:
  • LPR_patched_v1_1_1.xdelta (Link)

I have applied it to the original ISO and confirm that it works for me on PPSSPP.

-ChepChep

still doesnt work. Im getting the same mismatch message

FinalFLuver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i tried downloading the ISO from a different website, and it still didnt work.

like i said before, this is how my life goes. I wouldnt be surprised if i was the ONLY girl who couldnt get this patch to work.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, your ISO is bad, maybe you are making the patch based on an already patched ISO.
that's why it doesn't work on good ISO.

My good iso has
md5 : e45e0962228eba5b9dc4d558a2d30be7
crc32 : 295ca347

FinalFLuver :
That strange string is a way to check if a file is good or corrupted, if it's identical or different on two different location.
To do that, I'm using a program (free, small, easy to use). you don't really need it now, as I've checked my ISO and the problem is on Chepchep side.
but maybe one day you might encounter someone else providing a "checksum" (checking the sum of all bytes from a file) and you will want to verify your own file, you can use this program :
http://slavasoft.com/hashcalc/index.htm
no install required, just unpack the zip you download, and launch the program. select the checksum you want (usually, people are using md5, sha1 and crc32), then "drag & drop" the file you want to test.

Sorry for my previous post, sometime I don't pick the correct english word.

Last edited by Cyan,

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I rebuild the patch from scratch and then applied it to the CVN-LPR.ISO from a clean source with checksums:
md5 : e45e0962228eba5b9dc4d558a2d30be7
crc32 : 295ca347

Here is the new patch:
  • LPR_patched_v1_1_2.xdelta (Link)

Somehow over the last couple of years my source ISO got corrupted. Sorry for the problems.

Let me know if it works for everyone.

-ChepChep

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one