Hacking [PSP] La Pucelle Ragnarok Translation

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, well, if I can, I'll try to start noting things I see off in a file when I play them.

As a note, one of the main "off" things is Coup de Grace. It's named "Graze" in the patch for some reason.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another update for LPR. I have translated 99% of the eboot.bin

Eboot.bin has text at just about everywhere in the game. It should make it much easier to play now with this done.

LPR_translation_v0.0.7 (eboot.bin)
1) Acquire PSP La Pucelle Ragnarok ISO
2) Download EBOOT.BIN - www.tarranoth.com/LPR/EBOOT.BIN
3) Download START_JP.LZS - www.tarranoth.com/LPR/START_JP.LZS
4) Backup ISO, EBOOT.BIN and START_JP.LZS
5) Extract files from LPR ISO using UMDGen
6) Replace EBOOT.BIN in \PSP_GAME\SYSDIR\ with the downloaded EBOOT.BIN
7) Replace START_JP.LZS in \PSP_GAME\USRDIR\ with the downloaded START_JP.LZS
8) Create a new LPR ISO with UMDGen
9) Either use a PSP emulator or download to PSP and enjoy

Note: You must have CFW in order to play the translated ISO on a PSP

Reactions: kit13 and Linka

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very cool! Nice to see that the Monster/Fusion store is translated, now. It's definitely a ton easier all over to play the game. I think the worst of anything is story context clues to make sure you get the good endings for the chapters, (like going to a specific place or not doing a specific action during them), but those tend to be a lot easier to find.

I already noted a few off bits with the text. First is how it looks in the patch, second is how it should be. I realize many things I'll encounter is probably because of letter spacing issues, but when you ever decide to change the font to something else, it's good to have it in mind among the mass of text.

Port City = Port au Feu City (letter space issues?)

Devils Stomach = Devil's Stomach

Item Menu in battle -

Donate = Use

Items = Equip

Low Range = Out of Range

PPower = Purification Power (letter space issues? If going to shorten, should just go with Power or P. Power, or equivalent.)

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed a few of them but the other is due to space issues. I also found out the game has no single quote (') in the game. It is going to be a real pain. I have uploaded the fixes.

xhai

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey! ChepChep the patch doesn't work on actual psp but don't worry i already found where the error occur... the problem is in the decrypt eboot.bin you can use my decypt eboot.bin also about spacing is there a way to fix it..

about the y using double word.. this could be fix..

Attachments

• NPJH-50201_111513246_757.bmp
    382.6 KB · Views: 359

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xhai,

I just checked again and the patch does work on my PSP-3000. I know it also worked for Linka. Which version of psp are you using and what version of CFW?

xhai

Trophies
XP
Country
xhai,

I just checked again and the patch does work on my PSP-3000. I know it also worked for Linka. Which version of psp are you using and what version of CFW?

does anyone have same problem with me?.. my console is PSP-1000 with CFW 6.60 ME installed

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the record, I should clarify, I'm not using this on a physical PSP. I only have one (a 3000) and I've kept it clean.

However, if yours didn't work but the 3000 did, it might be a problem with infrastructure with the systems. If you managed to find a fix for it though for yourself, that's cool.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I typically run the patched LPR iso using ppsspp emu and then download it to my PSP. So far every file I have released has worked with both the emu and PSP-3000 with CFW 6.60 ME. I am using a soft install of the CFW which should decrease the comparability since I did not want to permanently switch to CFW so I can use the playstation store.

Reactions: Linka

xhai

Trophies
XP
Country
this is odd the eboot decrypt by ChepChep and me are different in structure.

if you search start both on decrypt eboot by me and ChepChep the offset values where not the same

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I finished translating com.dat which contains all the training commands for monsters. I did figure out what attach.dat had in it. It has the cute phrases the monsters say on that same screen. Unfortunately, that file is massive and will take time to translate from the PS2 version. Debating if its even worth doing since it just stupid phrases the monsters say to describe their mood. I am surprised how many responses there are: ~1000.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a ton of monsters and their speech patterns all depend upon which ones they are. There's probably like 11 programmed speeches for each monster (since they have a different speech from 10 to Max), so if there's like 100 "different" types of monsters in the game, it makes sense.

They're not necessary, though, and are only really there for text flavor. I'd prioritize the game's script over it by far. The actual training options though are useful, cause there's a few options that can make your monster's trust meter take a nosedive and cause them to run no matter what. As well as the one option that lets them change their name.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may ignore them for awhile unless someone else would like to help translate them. I have the english for all of them but it will take forever to hand transfer them all.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another update for LPR. I have translated all of the monster training commands. I have also included a few typo fixes and converted all double width letters in names to single width.

LPR_translation_v0.0.8 (typos, double width text and monster training commands)
1) Acquire PSP La Pucelle Ragnarok ISO
2) Download EBOOT.BIN - www.tarranoth.com/LPR/EBOOT.BIN
3) Download START_JP.LZS - www.tarranoth.com/LPR/START_JP.LZS
4) Backup ISO, EBOOT.BIN and START_JP.LZS
5) Extract files from LPR ISO using UMDGen
6) Replace EBOOT.BIN in \PSP_GAME\SYSDIR\ with the downloaded EBOOT.BIN
7) Replace START_JP.LZS in \PSP_GAME\USRDIR\ with the downloaded START_JP.LZS
8) Create a new LPR ISO with UMDGen
9) Either use a PSP emulator or download to PSP and enjoy

Note: You must have CFW in order to play the translated ISO on a PSP

Reactions: kit13 and Linka

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gotta say, the single width text looks a LOT better. It's much cleaner and easier on the eyes than the double-width text was.

Funny thing I note is that having checked my old file, character names were still double-width, but then they were single-width in the new file. I guess what is in the party screen depends entirely on what comes first.

mr allen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get this to work. Every time I replace EBOOT.BIN my PSP crashes right before the opening video.

Edit: Nevermind, used a different ISO and it worked.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr Allen,

There are two versions I am aware of and only one of them works with the patch.

All,
I got another small update... I have started on the script and got about halfway through the first dialogue. If you are interested in seeing it you can download
SCRIPTPACK.DAT and replace the same file in \PSP_GAME\USRDIR\ with the downloaded SCRIPTPACK.DAT.

It is not enough to make a new version but I thought someone may like to give it a try.

*removed URL* (the file can be found in the original ISO)

It is going to take a long time to get through this entire script. NIS left very little extra space.

Any comments let me know,
-ChepChep

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It goes without saying, but if NIS didn't leave a lot of space, you should make sure you prioritize the important bits of the game. The cutscenes (other than the tutorial bits after you get to Devil's Stomach) are the most important, and the few NPC conversations of importance (like the orphan that, when you talk to him, opens up Devil's Stomach in the first place) should be the first to be translated. Other things like other NPC conversations or extended tutorial conversations aren't very important, even if they are interesting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree"