Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
Jamstruth said:
dirty_harry said:
Make your own USB charge cable or buy one online. The official sony USB cable is a DATA CABLE and thus will not let you charge a fully depleted GO.

It really isn't hard making a USB charge cable.

It is when it has a proprietary end to it, you don't know which pins to what and whether even having them there will cause problems.
Sony really f***ed up

The go Cable is a charge and data cable. It can charge from the AC using the same cable.

And I would still wanna be able to access data from my Go Once it's charged enough to get to USB Mode.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
mpg187 said:
Jamstruth said:
dirty_harry said:
Make your own USB charge cable or buy one online. The official sony USB cable is a DATA CABLE and thus will not let you charge a fully depleted GO.

It really isn't hard making a USB charge cable.

It is when it has a proprietary end to it, you don't know which pins to what and whether even having them there will cause problems.
Sony really f***ed up

The go Cable is a charge and data cable. It can charge from the AC using the same cable.

Now all you're doing is repeating the same thing over and over. either take it back to where you bought it from, or stfu and plug it into a wall socket.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
We had the same problem in his other thread, we just went around in circles.

Basically: When plugged into a PC the PC tries to use the Data lines in the USB cable first but when plugged into the AC adapter the power lines are the only ones used and the data lines aren't connected to anything, simulating a normal power cord for the PSPGo therefore it accepts the connection as a charge.

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Jamstruth said:
We had the same problem in his other thread, we just went around in circles.

Basically: When plugged into a PC the PC tries to use the Data lines in the USB cable first but when plugged into the AC adapter the power lines are the only ones used and the data lines aren't connected to anything, simulating a normal power cord for the PSPGo therefore it accepts the connection as a charge.

There are chinese mp3 players which uses the same USB data cable with an adapter for wall charger, and yes, they use only the power transmiter pins.

mpg187

OP
Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
dudeonline said:
Now all you're doing is repeating the same thing over and over. either take it back to where you bought it from, or stfu and plug it into a wall socket.
No flaming, and I am not always around a wall socket. I shouldn't have to be.

Either way if the PSP Go is being gay and looking for a data connection, where can I get one of the cables that just charges? It would be nice if I could use the same cable to charge and transfer, but I guess I could just use the charge cable to get it charged enough to get it into USB mode and once in USB mode plug in the normal cable and transfer data while it charges the rest...

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're probably supposed to feel privileged that Sony even lets you charge from USB. They didn't offer the feature when the system debuted, it took homebrew developers to unlock the function for them to notice that people wanted it and finally incorporate it officially.

mpg187

OP
Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
dib said:
You're probably supposed to feel privileged that Sony even lets you charge from USB. They didn't offer the feature when the system debuted, it took homebrew developers to unlock the function for them to notice that people wanted it and finally incorporate it officially.
Are you talking about the PSP 1000-3000 or the PSP Go?

The point is the PSP Go uses a USB Cable to charge so it shouldn't matter where the USB Cable is, whether is be a wallcharger, PC, or PS3...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.