Hardware PSP Go the best model?

X_XSlashX_X

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a PSP Go a few weeks and prior to that I never used a PSP before and I find the Go very comfortable controls wise. So I was wondering how the 1000-2000-3000 feels control wise.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
In my opinion (owning a 1000, 2000 and a Go) the Go has the worst controls. The D pad and nub are worse than their predecessors, and the shoulder buttons are also bad. However, the face buttons are nice and clicky. Control wise for me the 2000/3000 wins every time, plus it's easier to hold/play over long periods.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Control wise I find the GO very uncomfortable.
I personally find the FAT(1000) to be the best for me :)
Really? That's surprising. I was googling around and I saw most people preferred the Go's controls. But I guess everybody has their own opinions.
Fat Fingers :( The Go just doesnt feel comfortable for long play. I am not saying I cant play at all using it, but I literally have to focus on the control and hand just doesnt get used to it.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Really? That's surprising. I was googling around and I saw most people preferred the Go's controls. But I guess everybody has their own opinions.
Fat Fingers :( The Go just doesnt feel comfortable for long play. I am not saying I cant play at all using it, but I literally have to focus on the control and hand just doesnt get used to it.

I only really have that issue when I'm playing a game that requires me to extensively use the Dpad and Analog Pad(?) but it really doesn't bother me. I for one love everything about the PSP GO. It took a few days to get used to and for me to be able to play it for 5 hours on end but I have no issues with it at all.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
but I have no issues with it at all.

But that doesn't address whether you just got used to worse controls compared to a previous model, or whether they're better controls but it takes time to rid yourself of the impression that they're not.

X_XSlashX_X

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I only really have that issue when I'm playing a game that requires me to extensively use the Dpad and Analog Pad(?) but it really doesn't bother me. I for one love everything about the PSP GO. It took a few days to get used to and for me to be able to play it for 5 hours on end but I have no issues with it at all.
I feel exactly the same way. At first it kinda had the cramped feeling but a few days of playing and I like the controls now. And the screen might I add is quite sexy.

BlazeV

Trophies
XP
Country
I prefer the 2000/3000 model over the Go. Even if its not as slick or good looking the controls are better and the screen is bigger,

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I've owned a 1000/2000 before and now I own a Go, my preference is the Go easily.
Going back to later models is like omg so big (thats what she said) and uncomfortable to play... but that's just me getting used to the Go controls.

PSP Go is easily the best handheld I've had.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Controls are fine once you get used to it. I don't really have pudgy fat fingers, just long, slender ones. It works rather fine for me.

Even if your personal control preference goes towards a 3000 or something, the Go still has 16GB internal storage and the save snapshot feature which definitely make it worth while. Plus it's actually rather portable. A PSP can fit into your pocket but its awkward and bulky. A Go fits perfectly, I've carried around mine in my pocket really easily.

I'll agree with prowler and say it's the best handheld I've had.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried my friend's PSP Go for a couple of days once; it felt kind of awkward. I like the 3000 a lot better. It's sturdier, since I constantly tend to drop electronic devices, and it feels comfier in general.

It's honestly something you need to get broken into. Hell, I had my PSP 1000 for years but still didn't have the controls "broken in" for me until I played Dissidia 012 non-stop. Odds are if you play the system for a while you won't really have any issues for it. You may not find it better than the other PSP models but it'll certainly be just as effective.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
PSP 2000 or 3000 is best for comfort but built more poorly compared to 1000 which is a very sturdy build. The slimness, lightness, and much improved d-pad are all valid reasons to get a Slim over anything else. Also earlier 2000 models should be easier to hack but I think they are all hackable now to an extent.

As for which model is best I think VIta will be best.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Holy Lady Mary blessed me with loaf-of-bread-sized hands, the 200x is my model of choice both for the more "spread" controls, hacking capabilities and for the wider screen.

I don't mind the fact that it's big. When it comes to screens, bigger is better.

Reactions: 1 person

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only had the PSP Go for a short while, but I find the controls to be very uncomfortable. The D pad feels quite flat like the PSP 1000, and the buttons seem too small to play some games like megaman comfortable for me. I do like the portability of the unit though, but I perfer the 2000 model or 3000 model for the feel of the buttons.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have long slender fingers. The GO used to cramp my hands when I fist got it. I now find it very comfortable for long periods. I have tried a 3000 and it feels very clunky.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, most people are their own opinions and not a fact. Yes, PSP 1000/2000/3000 are the best to go than PSP Go. That's why the psp go sell so poorly! Also, the PSP Go's design is very ugly and too small!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/gXtJ12EeaOs?si=ESC50o7Vr5sUh71I