Hacking PSP EMU (NATIVELY) hacked on PSVITA.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Question about right analog stick mods. With the native emulator, you can already map the right analog stick for camera controls. What do theflow's GTA mods do differently?
The native emulator doesn't map to camera controls, it lets you map the right stick to different button "groups" which may or may not control the camera in a game.

What Adrenaline does is modifies the games code to make the in-game camera controllable with the Vita's right stick as if it were a new input device, not one of the PSPs buttons. That's why there's only 2 mods at the moment, because you have to modify the game in order to map the input to what essentially doesn't exist on a PSP.

Reactions: WiiUBricker

Lokao0

aka LkProd
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not sure if this has been said here, but apparently using a Mini as the base game makes so that Adrenaline crashes whenever you use Vita's sleep mode.
(Tried this with The Impossible Game, maybe it only happens with it? Not sure.)

Ganoncrotch

Trophies
XP
Country
This is working so well for most things I've thrown at it, the only issues I've encountered is with games with a streaming video, there isn't a whole lot of them but for example Lumines II has certain stages which feature music videos in the background of the stage, those seem to stutter a bit using this but the don't using the same iso on the PSPgo, it's just a tiny thing but it's not quite perfectly a PSP just yet I think.

That said though... the Bilinear Sharp filter is just beautiful looking on games like Lumines and Every Extend Extra, really cleans up the grainy look when those games are moved to the Vita Screen size.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Adrenalin is essentially a full PSP 6.61 environment running inside a sandbox. I don't think you can exit back to the PS Vita menu from memory when i was testing earlier today. Reboot and then visit the henkaku site again.

If you hold the Playstation button on the Vita for about 2 seconds you'll get a menu which includes the option to exit the EPSP environment, also in this menu if you hit R a few times will bring you to the 4 filter options for the graphics using this psp, it's cool being able to flick between these filters while a game is open so you can see which one suits the games graphics the best because some are nice for 1 game but not others.

quazimojo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Motorstorm has a black screen after the first race. I have tried everything, never had an issue in the past on previous firmware versions. Maybe someone can give it a try and confirm. I have done the first race too many times to keep testing lol..

GTA Chinatown Wars just errors out when i try to start the game. I have tried everything to get it working like M33/Inferno etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ganoncrotch

Trophies
XP
Country
Motorstorm has a black screen after the first race. I have tried everything, never had an issue in the past on previous firmware versions. Maybe someone can give it a try and confirm. I have done the first race too many times to keep testing lol..

GTA Chinatown Wars just errors out when i try to start the game. I have tried everything to get it working like M33/Inferno etc.

Have you had any success yet with games? To encounter errors in 2 titles is pretty unlucky considering I've used about 10 different PSP ISO's so far without any issues (other than one video streaming issue in lumines 2, but that is down to file decompression and did not cause a crash)

The solution to most peoples woes so far using adrenaline has been to change the base game which they are using to get into it, don't forget it doesn't have to be a demo, can be any PSP software you have on your system, it doesn't stop you accessing it since you can launch the game without Henkaku beta running and you'll still launch the unharmed base game. You just need to find the TitleID of another PSP game on your system, edit that config file with that games name, then restart system > revisit beta.henkaku site then try it out with the new game, see if you still get your black screen errors.

Last edited by Ganoncrotch,

quazimojo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried 2 different base games to start from. A Mini then a demo.

I have tried SO many games that all worked and these 2 do not.

So i was hoping others can try Motostorm and GTA Chinatown Wars to confirm for me.

If someone else were to have this issue then i would know its something with this port of the firmware vs my own setup.

Easier to troubleshoot when someone can say they have this issue.

yadster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I have 2 problems with Motorstorm. I can complete the first race but the problems I have are that there is no in-game music or SFX (I have sounds in the menus and the intros) and if I use cwcheat that causes the game to freeze. This is my fave racer on the PSP and the only game so far I am having problems with.

D

Deleted User

New to this, what do we open the .db files with? I assumed SQLite buit that doesn&t seem to match the instructions.
I used SQLite Browser to edit and add to my own app.db file, and managed to get Freakler's Adrenaline LiveArea contents up and running perfectly. I think the tutorial just assumes you use SQLite anyway.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I used SQLite Browser to edit and add to my own app.db file, and managed to get Freakler's Adrenaline LiveArea contents up and running perfectly. I think the tutorial just assumes you use SQLite anyway.
Thanks, got it now. I was being a bit dense with generally using SQLite, and also forgot to hit 'write changes'!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: same goes with most mammals