嵐の王
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just tried to replace a "broken" unit. But it didn't do anything it just kept on doing what it did before. Which was the PSP thought the analog was being pushed up/forward. I decided to boot up the PSP jump into a game and remove the face plate/analog inputs. Did the same thing.

So would anyone like to take a guess on whats fubar'd with this PSP? I'll post a video in a minute to see what I'm talking about.

Video link
http://tinypic.com/r/281y64z/3

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe (long time since I changed mine) that it does do that if no stick is connected.

On the analogue stick is the thin silicon rubber connector in place - the 2 sets of contacts (joystick and circuit board) do not touch, they have a small piece of silicon conductor (actually 4 put together) connecting the two parts - if this is missing the snalogue stick will never work

Spawk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've posted this before somewhere and it kinda sounds crazy, but I had this happen when I replaced the screen on my PHAT psp, it seems that the screws were to tight when I put it back together!

To fix this, load up the game that displays this behavior and then ever so slightly start to loosen the screw closest to the analog.

The game I was playing at the time I believe Vallhala Knights, and without touching the psp my character would run straight down. It fixed mine so it's worth a shot.

Dark_linis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look for the plug in JOYSENS if you have CFW.

It allows you to reconfigure you analogue, increase/decrease sensitivity, remap it with the d-pad and turn it off.

of course I this may only be a temporary solution. I have no idea how to actually fix the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1