Hacking [PSA] Strong anti-piracy measures implemented by Nintendo for online.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Atmosphere should disabled the wifi entirely, this is the only safeguard to prevent anyone accidentally going online.
But then less people will buy, since they can't play online. Money is more important for them than safety. Instead they write "use online on your own risk".

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere should disabled the wifi entirely, this is the only safeguard to prevent anyone accidentally going online.

this is why im waiting on atmosphere cfw, the guy knows the ins and out of security (obviously he didnt know about transplanting entire games with his layeredfs) that itll probably be the most safe of the unsafe methods of gaining full control of the device.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Ofc, with regards to the main topic here, going online outside the pirated game (i.e going to eshop, or making a system update, and such) is still debatable if it's safe or not.
exactly my thoughts too, rly curious about this one..
like it could be possible for nintendo to know that youve previously run a pirated game.

ils

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i don't care about online play
but i do want to update my original Xenoblade Chronicles 2 cartridge for their large expansion in September

maybe i shouldn't tried CFW until then? or "online play" != game update?

Thanks

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exactly my thoughts too, rly curious about this one..
like it could be possible for nintendo to know that youve previously run a pirated game.

i doubt it unless you go online, anytime you insert a cart it adds a game icon. Unless that game icon itself stores the "cert" i dont see any reason how the could tell

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i doubt it unless you go online, anytime you insert a cart it adds a game icon. Unless that game icon itself stores the "cert" i dont see any reason how the could tell
nice, so you think it would be safe to update fw/fiddle with the eshop etc.
just as long as you dont run any game yeah?

what about game updates? noe: updating 'pirated' games, wouldnt that be risky?

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice, so you think it would be safe to update fw/fiddle with the eshop etc.
just as long as you dont run any game yeah?

what about game updates? noe: updating 'pirated' games, wouldnt that be risky?

hard to say but you can update the game by just going into the icon itself i think, i dont remember if the cart needs to be in, if it doesnt i dont see how they could detect that the game was pirated. but dont take my advice, im just a dude waiting to see the first banwave.

xxBLACKBEARDxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this is why im waiting on atmosphere cfw, the guy knows the ins and out of security (obviously he didnt know about transplanting entire games with his layeredfs) that itll probably be the most safe of the unsafe methods of gaining full control of the device.
I thought the guys from atmosphere were anti-pirate and more homebrew oriented. If thats the case they wont be the one making your future option for pirating games

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I think it's great that Nintendo is making efforts to block pirates from accessing their online services. There is absolutely no reason why someone who hasn't paid for their games should be able to use Nintendo's online resources.
Heck, Nintendo is even making efforts to prevent normal users to access their online services. *cough* paid *cough* access *cough*

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the guys from atmosphere were anti-pirate and more homebrew oriented. If thats the case they wont be the one making your future option for pirating games

pirating games is meh. i generally buy the games im interested in. kind of a collectors mentality. unlocking the consoles full power, thats always cool. hopefully ps2 and wii emulation are achievable on this thing in the near future

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Since it's the Atmosphere developer who discouraged people from going online, he should disabled all online access when using his CFW (or at least have an option at boot to disable it). Else, your dumb friend, kid or grandma will pickup your Switch: turned on the wifi and get you banned.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I think it's great that Nintendo is making efforts to block pirates from accessing their online services. There is absolutely no reason why someone who hasn't paid for their games should be able to use Nintendo's online resources.
they have defintely the right to do so, i mean just look at sony.
nintendo is achieving the very same as sony when it comes to online gaming.

though i dont think i'll buy a 2nd console..
when i get urges to play the new ssb or any other online game, i will just buy the games off the eshop and play online.

pirating games is meh. i generally buy the games im interested in.
funny thing is, i dont even play 90% of the games i pirate ._.
i think most of the tempers here do pirate, but some may be reluctant to admit it.

i find no shame in admitting it, i also buy games after all.
and well i once shared an update of a ps4 title some while ago and everyone was happy.

i felt like i just borrowed them the update, i think that may also count as pirating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3