Hacking PSA: Nintendo blocked the Sky3DS (partially) through new anti-piracy checks in their upcoming games

Ryu Kenshin

Trophies
XP
Country
well it seems the check is only applied to carts i assume....so that flag is like an additional hardware(cart) check, if your running it as cia then there is no additional hardware check to perform
So there's no problem for CFW and GW, Sky3DS dev team has more work to do :glare:

ngagethetaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will .3ds/.3dz ROMs on Gateway be blocked as well?

Fire Emblem IF works fine on Gateway with .3ds/.3dz. I'm not interested in the new Animal Crossing but if people are unable to get the .cia working, then it's most probably a bad dump.

First party Nintendo games and SquareEnix titles are usually the first to employee new piracy checks on their software. Most likely upcoming localization titles won't have the new AP until after a couple of months of Nintendo using it. I wouldn't count on the new Zelda title working on the Sky3DS at first, but being a bigger name than AC or FE would get the Sky3DS team to do something about it.

Reactions: bjaxx87

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm impressed. Wasn't the general consensus that Sky3DS was inconvenient and lacked any decent features, but was damn near unblockable? If this becomes the new industry standard, then they've essentially killed Sky3DS as anything more than a Cubic Ninja alternative. (Yes, I know that there's all the currently existing games that are already out, but you know that as more new games come out, it's going to look less appealing of an option)

Now, I'm a bit curious. Does implementing this new method affect the cost of producing these games in any way, and we'll see a slight price jump in these?

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
animal crossing house arrest is a bad dump.

wait for the sky3ds team to respond to the fire emblem issue before panicking.

Reactions: nxwing

mrolive

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sent the Sky team an email last night about the anti-piracy checks and got:

"We are working on it, hopefully will figure out a solution soon."

D

Deleted-19228

Some of you noobs apparently don't remember back in the day when carts got blocked and they weren't updateable. This was a first gen REAL rom loader that worked on an unpatched system. Give it time.

Reactions: Elveman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/2byHyqiZVS8?si=Qr7te3eS9u0xQYDh