Hacking [PSA] LayeredFS is causing Banwave!!!

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 21,788
  • Replies 118
  • Likes 9

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
No one knows yet, but probably the logs are sent to Nintendo when you go online
That we do not know. But there were users banned after being in Airplane mode using LayeredFS and got banned the moment they turned off the Airplane mode even without LayeredFS
Shit. Then I think my future ban is imminent. R.I.P

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
That we do not know. But there were users banned after being in Airplane mode using LayeredFS and got banned the moment they turned off the Airplane mode even without LayeredFS

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And? No one said Nintendo has stopped banning people. It just started today. The bans can keep coming as long as they want them to. You cannot make the assumption TX is safe at the moment.
And what if he did something else and he is not telling you that? its gbatemp normally when something is not right of only one person is that is not true

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Many people have reported that they didn't use LayeredFS and were still banned. It's therefore not correct to say that LayeredFS would have caused all of this. Nintendo seems to be gathering more data and can detect more suspicious activity on the consoles than we thought.

D

Deleted User

OP
To clarify: neither LayeredFS or SX OS are safe ATM. If you go online with either, be it with a backup game or not, you're at a risk
If I get banned I'll post it here. I'm not gonna avoid playing online because of the possible banhammer

I won't use LayeredFS so that will be a decisive factor

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And what if he did something else and he is not telling you that? its gbatemp normally when something is not right of only one person is that is not true
Then how do you know everyone else is telling the truth? Once you discredit one person, what is stopping you from discrediting everyone else? You cannot cherrypick the facts

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Then how do you know everyone else is telling the truth? Once you discredit one person, what is stopping you from discrediting everyone else? You cannot cherrypick the facts
I would believe more the statement of dozens of persons, than the only one that is saying the contrary, mostly because its gbatemp, you can defend all you want to think that sx os only is banning people, in this wave, only layered people or free cfw are being affected and... that only guy that states that, if you believe so much in him, well good for you, but if not another case rises then he is lying

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Judging by what I’ve seen so far, I’d say the safest way right now is using self-dumped backups (meaning, games with valid certificate) under SX 1.1

Any other method to run games is too suspicious log-wise. Specially games under SX 1.0 with no cert at all.

Anyway, as long as downloading updates is possible, I couldn’t care less about the banhammer.
A user reported getting banned even if he was just using legit backups on SX. Again, if you use SX (or LayeredFS) regardless of the reason and go online, you're at a risk

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would believe more the statement of dozens of persons, than the only one that is saying the contrary, mostly because its gbatemp, you can defend all you want to think that sx os only is banning people, in this wave, only layered people or free cfw are being affected and... that only guy that states that, if you believe so much in him, well good for you, but if not another case rises then he is lying
Here is guilty party #2 (really #1 because he was the first one to report a ban with SX only)
Aaaaand the ban hammer drops!

5.1.0 and never used CDN, using SX for the past couple of days (SX 1.1 since yesterday) with a shit ton of backups.. Updated all the backups when prompted (probably the reason behind the ban).. Eitherway I was expecting that to happen just not this soon.

View attachment 132803

Be careful if you care about Nintendo's shitty online services, and happy pirating to all ✌

Edit: I didn't do this new thing where u change the cart ID with a legit one to play online, so this isn't it.

Edit 2: Updating backups works just fine, while I can no longer access eShop.

View attachment 132804

Edit 3: To all the morons who seem to think people have nothing better to do than digging up a month old tweet to make a fake thread:
20180622_124415-jpg.132774

Edit 4: Downloaded Rocket League (bought legitimately) and tried going online, got the same message. So, no.. You cannot play legitimate games online after the ban.

Edit 5: Games I purchased from eshop used to appear with a cloud icon in your games library (last icon on the right). Now they no longer do. I can only redownload games I archived instead of deleting.

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Here is guilty party #2 (really #1 because he was the first one to report a ban with SX only)
It was stated that he tried to go online with super mario odyssey and gave him an cert error, that flagged him, if you go online with an invalid cert, you are the same as the layered problem

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
He cannot access the eShop or play online. His cert is not banned, he is banned
He was flagged understand man, if you get an error like that it gets logged online, so he was just in line to the ban wave when that happened

I know you want desperately to discredit TX because of fandom but this is not the case

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sharing this quote taken from another thread:

SciresM:

Btw, I had assumed it went without saying -- if you're playing with unofficial builds of work in progress layeredfs stuff that is broken (and crashes frequently, consequentially), you shouldn't be anywhere near online and shouldn't even have online enabled. I use custom error codes for debugging, and if a report with one of those goes up to N's server from your console, you will almost certainly get banned from online. If you're concerned about that, don't use stuff until it's done.

Last edited by lukhart,

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Sharing this quote taken from another thread:

SciresM:

Btw, I had assumed it went without saying -- if you're playing with unofficial builds of work in progress layeredfs stuff that is broken (and crashes frequently, consequentially), you shouldn't be anywhere near online and shouldn't even have online enabled. I use custom error codes for debugging, and if a report with one of those goes up to N's server from your console, you will almost certainly get banned from online. If you're co
Well we have an answer for all this

Reactions: lukhart

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
People want the best of both worlds heh?
It is not enough to run blank backups, they also want to go online with them!?
They want updates for those games...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0