cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
and who is this someone else that everyone relies on? hmmm
literally all the updates have been uploaded. (even korean ones, although not on english language sites)
sure you might not want to rely on others, but they have all been uploaded so yeah.
anyway, provided the cia was made with something like FunkyCIA, you can take the 1.1 of an update, and get the latest version using FunkyCIA.

i guess you just like to be a lone wolf lol

Reactions: Margen67

Aliahan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unsigned CIAs won't work on Classic mode for playing legit game cards.

Thank you for pointing that out. Some of us don't pirate 100% of the time. We sometimes actually purchase games we like, whose developers we want to support. Each time an update happens and Gateway is temporarily crippled, people start throwing out their "You don't need eShop, download all your updates as .CIA!" line. But that doesn't apply to those of us who aren't purely pirates.

But if what this all boils down to is Gateway Vs. Sky3DS, which is really what the argument is all about, then yes this is true. For those who pirate all their games, you can still get practically everything you need without updated FW, and you still can do much more with your Gateway than you could with Sky.

zdgr4ye5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
literally all the updates have been uploaded. (even korean ones, although not on english language sites)
sure you might not want to rely on others, but they have all been uploaded so yeah.
anyway, provided the cia was made with something like FunkyCIA, you can take the 1.1 of an update, and get the latest version using FunkyCIA.

i guess you just like to be a lone wolf lol
Can we use FunkyCIA to download any cia? like any game on eshop and don't need to wait when somebody release cia version?
So, why people stil converting 3ds files to cia version if anybody can download it so easy?

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for pointing that out. Some of us don't pirate 100% of the time. We sometimes actually purchase games we like, whose developers we want to support. Each time an update happens and Gateway is temporarily crippled, people start throwing out their "You don't need eShop, download all your updates as .CIA!" line. But that doesn't apply to those of us who aren't purely pirates.

But if what this all boils down to is Gateway Vs. Sky3DS, which is really what the argument is all about, then yes this is true. For those who pirate all their games, you can still get practically everything you need without updated FW, and you still can do much more with your Gateway than you could with Sky.
You could always dump your own ROMs.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

I mainly use GW/Sky3DS for just holding all my games at once. I really don't want to bring all physical gamecards when travelling. Back them up as roms then I'm free :D

Aliahan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mainly use GW/Sky3DS for just holding all my games at once. I really don't want to bring all physical gamecards when travelling. Back them up as roms then I'm free :D
I do this also. I have a few titles on my GW that I already own hard copies of, just for the sake of having them around all the time. I'm glad I got MH4U on cart--even though I can dump it and put it on GW I wouldn't want to after seeing so many people having issues with it as a ROM.

That said, not gonna lie, I do pirate a lot of titles I know I'm just gonna play for a short time and move on from. Some games are fun to play through once, but really not worth owning. Kinda like renting through Gamefly.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Can we use FunkyCIA to download any cia? like any game on eshop and don't need to wait when somebody release cia version?
So, why people stil converting 3ds files to cia version if anybody can download it so easy?

any cia that you have gotten from eshop, yes :)
or, like i said, you can use a cia from FunkyCIA as input, and make that cia again, bringing it to the latest version - so you would use a 1.1 update and get the latest, 1.2, 1.3, whatever

JumpingShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Even less of a reason to be on the latest firmware.

Your statement is untrue though. I wanna be able to play mii plaza again and use the new games, yet even installing it through a CIA it won't let me play it telling me i need to update my system first. (But I'm not whining around I'm just saying that the emunand update would actually be useful to people in my situation)

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Your statement is untrue though. I wanna be able to play mii plaza again and use the new games, yet even installing it through a CIA it won't let me play it telling me i need to update my system first. (But I'm not whining around I'm just saying that the emunand update would actually be useful to people in my situation)

I'm on Emunand 9.5.0 and I can play the new plaza games just fine. o: Though you can't legally purchase them if that's what you want.

masterzero

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

same as poster above , I can play the games no problem on 9.5

JumpingShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm on Emunand 9.5.0 and I can play the new plaza games just fine. o: Though you can't legally purchase them if that's what you want.

Did you install both the new games and the 4.0 plaza update? It tells me i need to update my system when i try to play the games :/ Now i'm very confused.

dandymanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
As a GW and Sky3ds owner. My main is a N3DS and i find myself using and liking the Sky3ds more. Probably many people who like their GWs are still on the O3DS which i have one too. But it's too troublesome to be swapping carts on the N3DS once i'm on the roads.

And i like the Sky3ds more and more now because they communicate regularly with their customers. A new game comes out, trust them to update their template files within a few days. A new firmware gets released? They update their site within a day to let customers know it still works. When was the last time the GW team posted anything? More than a month ago. But still, there are GW supporters who keep believing in them...

Reactions: Osmosis

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Did you install both the new games and the 4.0 plaza update? It tells me i need to update my system when i try to play the games :/ Now i'm very confused.

Yup, first I made a backup of the Streetpass Plaza extdata just to be safe, then I uninstalled both the old Update and DLC, and then installed the new Update and DLC (in that order if it matters). When I started the game it tried to update and connect to the eShop but after that the game recognized the DLCs just fine.

JumpingShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yup, first I made a backup of the Streetpass Plaza extdata just to be safe, then I uninstalled both the old Update and DLC, and then installed the new Update and DLC (in that order if it matters). When I started the game it tried to update and connect to the eShop but after that the game recognized the DLCs just fine.
Oh! I passed the "error" i got and pressed ok (I was scared it would force an sys update but it didn't) and now it seems to work.

My bad then I apologize to the thread OP, actually the update isn't needed. \o/ Thanks for your help Garro

Reactions: Margen67 and Garro

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
But to do a system transfer from an O3DSXL without Gateway to a N3DSXL with Gateway, can't you just use the RxTool spoof?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-spoof-firmware-to-access-eshop-and-more-on-new-3ds.386591/

I mean, the RxTool spoof pretty much solves ever needing a 9.7 emuNAND, doesn't it? Just spoof the new firmware, transfer, done. Then if they ever do release an emuNAND update you're good to go.

old3ds will have to be on 9.7
new3ds cannot run 9.7, only in sysnand. gw supports 9.5 emunand only.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Ow, so 9.7 is out?

Lol and i updated yesterday my emunand to rx-emunand 9.6 and got all my updates and games from the eshop, really lucky :) then reverted back to 9.5 gateway emunand after extracting ticked.db and injecting it back
Besides, Everything works fine on sysnand 9.2 and emunand 9.5, new plaza games etc...

In the end i learned, sky vs gateway is so stupid!!!
If you can't use gateway sky is your solution, if you can use gateway, get a gateway or sky, it's all up to you what you want, no need to bash each other.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/TECN1Gm7j3A?si=XwYKYHKwxoMNdFqN