Hacking PSA : Gateway users do NOT need to be on latest firmware for anything

Dark Fulgore

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
We are on 9.7 already? Damn I think I'm on 9.2.
I'm still playing all my games like usual, online and offline, everything is updated, all DLC for my favorite games are installed, what am I missing on not being on 9.7? Does this new update bring new features to the system?

D

Deleted-19228

I'm still playing all my games like usual, online and offline, everything is updated, all DLC for my favorite games are installed, what am I missing on not being on 9.7? Does this new update bring new features to the system?

Of course. Stability!

Reactions: Margen67

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9.6 actually seemed pretty cool. It lets you save homescreen icon layouts. I think that's a feature most people would be like "lol you're not missing anything" about though.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
You need 9.6x support for Amiibo's to work for a start, which is why I want emunand to be updated. There's always going to be a need for being on the latest FW for emunand for new items Nintendo release. Silly pointless thread in my opinion else you might as well tell gateway to pack up for good, whats the point!!!

D

Deleted-19228

You need 9.6x support for Amiibo's to work for a start, which is why I want emunand to be updated. There's always going to be a need for being on the latest FW for emunand for new items Nintendo release. Silly pointless thread in my opinion else you might as well tell gateway to pack up for good, whats the point!!!

You do NOT need 9.6 for amiibo to work.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
You do NOT need 9.6 for amiibo to work.

Changes in system software version 9.6.0-24E

• HOME Menu
A feature for saving and switching between HOME Menu layouts has been added to the HOME Menu Settings. Up to eight different arrangements of themes and software icons can be saved as layouts.

• Addition of amiibo Settings (now also available on Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL and Nintendo 2DS systems)
A menu for managing amiibo has been added to the HOME Menu Settings.
Data for an amiibo can be managed in amiibo Settings, for example by registering the owner’s Mii and nickname to the amiibo, or by deleting data from the amiibo.
To use amiibo with Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL or Nintendo 2DS systems, a Nintendo 3DS NFC Reader/Writer is required (sold separately, available later in 2015).

• System stability improvements and other adjustments
Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user's experience.

D

Deleted-19228

My statement still stands, you DON'T NEED 9.6 for amiibo to work. All that did was add in the menu that's on the Wii U so you can name and register the amiibo. Amiibo support was added in 8.1J and in 9.0U if I recall correctly.

EDIT: This option was already included in the n3DS as far as I know.

retrospect

Trophies
XP
Country
Changes in system software version 9.6.0-24E
  • Addition of amiibo Settings (now also available on Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL and Nintendo 2DS systems)
A menu for managing amiibo has been added to the HOME Menu Settings.
Data for an amiibo can be managed in amiibo Settings, for example by registering the owner’s Mii and nickname to the amiibo, or by deleting data from the amiibo.
To use amiibo with Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL or Nintendo 2DS systems, a Nintendo 3DS NFC Reader/Writer is required (sold separately, available later in 2015).

Nope, I got all that with 9.4 which I'm still running (in emuNAND).

Celebrimbor360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have GW and I need it to be on the latest firmware to use pokebank and system transfer. How about that? Any workaround? I don't think so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.