PS5 homebrew SDK released, exploit updated to v1.02

1667233434401.png

The developer behind the PS5 webkit+kernel exploit has released another update to the exploit itself, bumping it to v1.02.
The main change in this new version is added support for even more firmwares, including 3.00, 3.20, 3.21, 4.02 and 4.51, with partial support for firmwares 3.10 and 4.00 added as well. The full changelog for version 1.02 goes as follows:

PS5 exploit v1.02 changelog said:
  • Adds support for firmwares 3.00, 3.20, 3.21, 4.02, and 4.51 (3.10 and 4.00 are partially supported) (thanks ChendoChap).
  • Now cleans up fds after exploitation so child processes don't inherit a bunch of resources unnecessarily.
  • Fixed various bugs in the ELF loader where incomplete reads could occur.
  • Added some entrypoint arguments to ELF loader for kernel read/write.

Alongside the exploit update, the developer also released a WIP basic homebrew Software Development Kit (SDK), mostly intended for payloads to be loaded into the current Webkit ELF loader and simple homebrew, but the ReadMe states that full applications aren't possible at the moment.

This opens up the possibility for basic homebrew to be created on the system, and once more libraries are created by the homebrew community, we can expect more complex homebrew applications to start showing up.

:arrow: PS5 homebrew SDK
:arrow: Exploit update

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's always fun to p1rate $5 games...more so on Ps5 coz instead of filling up a $300 8Tb Hdd with $5 games, we'll instead fill up an ultra expensive $1200 4Tb Gen4×4 Ssd with $5 games coz ps5 games only play from an ssd
the only thing I could come up with is to put the games back on the internal ssd. problem is if you forget to copy them, the disc will recopy the contents of the disc. it does not scan an external hdd or ssd for ps5 games. what a true pita.

Reactions: HellGhast

tommasi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's always fun to p1rate $5 games...more so on Ps5 coz instead of filling up a $300 8Tb Hdd with $5 games, we'll instead fill up an ultra expensive $1200 4Tb Gen4×4 Ssd with $5 games coz ps5 games only play from an ssd
True, and that’s if you get a JB. I don’t see it happening and it won’t be simple. $ony bought the scene and they are trolling with whoever left to care about it.

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
meh, now that ps games come to pc, whats the point? Only real and traditional console manufacturer left is Nintendo
Not everyone like to play games on PC. Sure you could build a quiet gaming rig and place it in the livingroom connected to your TV. But then you have to kinda have the money to dedicate a gaming rig for the living room. And it's not a plug and play experience in the same way a game console it.
You have to connect keyboard and mouse to it. Yuck..
Well there is the Steam Deck.

I guess that's one of the best options for a living room gaming PC that you can tinker with a bit.
I think the point is (at least for me) to play around with homebrew applications. Unofficial Ports, Emulators, media players, mods and applications like unlocked Web browser and PDF reader.

I am aware that some people only want hacked systems for piracy. And if you just care about piracy, then I suppose your argument makes a lot of sense.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the ps5 stuff could be far more frustrating than the ps4 ever was, because for one thing, apparently, all fpkg games are deleted whenever you shut off the console, whether it's a kp or not. it's like sony expected the console to be exploited, so they're going to troll the end user.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
the ps5 stuff could be far more frustrating than the ps4 ever was, because for one thing, apparently, all fpkg games are deleted whenever you shut off the console, whether it's a kp or not. it's like sony expected the console to be exploited, so they're going to troll the end user.
Where did you hear that it deletes fpkg games? Apparently Xbox does something similar if you replace one of the XVDs with something unsigned, which can result in soft bricking. Between this and the Hypervisor I really don't see PS5 (software) hax becoming popular. Maybe userland stuff with the PS2emu exploit. Maybe something can be done with fpkg deletion though, like install them to a different partition that the stock firmware doesn't know about and then patch the kernel to reference that one instead of the default one. That way it can't delete them until it's hacked because it doesn't know that they're there, and once it's hacked we can just enable sigpatches so they won't be deleted. Unless Sony messed up badly with the hypervisor I think XOM is going to be a complete bitch for getting a HEN to work. IMO if PS5 hacking becomes popular it will be through boot time hacks / mod chips that exploit the system before the hypervisor is loaded.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you hear that it deletes fpkg games? Apparently Xbox does something similar if you replace one of the XVDs with something unsigned, which can result in soft bricking. Between this and the Hypervisor I really don't see PS5 (software) hax becoming popular. Maybe userland stuff with the PS2emu exploit. Maybe something can be done with fpkg deletion though, like install them to a different partition that the stock firmware doesn't know about and then patch the kernel to reference that one instead of the default one. That way it can't delete them until it's hacked because it doesn't know that they're there, and once it's hacked we can just enable sigpatches so they won't be deleted. Unless Sony messed up badly with the hypervisor I think XOM is going to be a complete bitch for getting a HEN to work. IMO if PS5 hacking becomes popular it will be through boot time hacks / mod chips that exploit the system before the hypervisor is loaded.
@KiiWii mentioned it.

tommasi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I’ll update and move own right away if that happens

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Sup