PS5 homebrew SDK released, exploit updated to v1.02

1667233434401.png

The developer behind the PS5 webkit+kernel exploit has released another update to the exploit itself, bumping it to v1.02.
The main change in this new version is added support for even more firmwares, including 3.00, 3.20, 3.21, 4.02 and 4.51, with partial support for firmwares 3.10 and 4.00 added as well. The full changelog for version 1.02 goes as follows:

PS5 exploit v1.02 changelog said:
  • Adds support for firmwares 3.00, 3.20, 3.21, 4.02, and 4.51 (3.10 and 4.00 are partially supported) (thanks ChendoChap).
  • Now cleans up fds after exploitation so child processes don't inherit a bunch of resources unnecessarily.
  • Fixed various bugs in the ELF loader where incomplete reads could occur.
  • Added some entrypoint arguments to ELF loader for kernel read/write.

Alongside the exploit update, the developer also released a WIP basic homebrew Software Development Kit (SDK), mostly intended for payloads to be loaded into the current Webkit ELF loader and simple homebrew, but the ReadMe states that full applications aren't possible at the moment.

This opens up the possibility for basic homebrew to be created on the system, and once more libraries are created by the homebrew community, we can expect more complex homebrew applications to start showing up.

:arrow: PS5 homebrew SDK
:arrow: Exploit update

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GamE_LoADeR WhEn?
Probably once it actually gets to the point where one can walk into a store to get one.

My complex neighbor has one, and I'm convinced that they did something ultra sketch to get it. Even now, I've not seen *a* ps5 that wasn't a display model behind glass in any stores, new or secondhand.

Reactions: Reecey and LowScore

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reminder, you need cmake higher than 3.20. I was using 3.16, but I removed cmake, then reinstalled it due to an error when checking version. I then compiled cmake 3.25. no more error, and it compiled this pretty easily. there were some problems with ev at times, but I managed to correct all that.

Reactions: KiiWii

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
speaking of playstation, I tried connecting to a local folder from virtual box (I know how to with wsl), but I tried connecting via the same debian build for an older ps2 sdk, and it still worked. no issues whatsoever. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4