PS4 with CFW allowing two usb extended drives

Maximo101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've read other threads here and the ps4 with cfw still only recognizes one external drive at a time. Some recommend app2usb to set up a second drive, but it is a bit cumberbatch. cumbersome.

Does anyone know if it is technically possible to force the hacked ps4 recognize two drives at the same time?

Or less desireable, swap them, on the fly via an app. When you go through the library and see a game on the unmounted drive, and select it, a homebrew app automatically unmounts the drive 0, say and mounts drive 1, leting you select and play that. If the game is on the mounted drive, nothing changes, just select and start.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can swap them, but you can't use them both at the same time. this is true of the ps5 as well. that is another thing that the series x can do that the ps5 can't. you can use three drives at once with the series x; ps4 and 5, one.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer the ps4/5, since I like Japanese games more than westernized, but in reality the series x is more bang for your buck if you want to be honest about it. :) it's faster, offers more options, and so on.

Maximo101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking that with a hacked ps4, you could force the system to accept two drives by setting a hardware switch, maybe. I can''t see an obvious reason that two drives couldn't be mounted at the same time...
The ps4 recognizes an extended storage usb drive and a usb thumbdrive without needing to mount and unmount the two.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking that with a hacked ps4, you could force the system to accept two drives by setting a hardware switch, maybe. I can''t see an obvious reason that two drives couldn't be mounted at the same time...
The ps4 recognizes an extended storage usb drive and a usb thumbdrive without needing to mount and unmount the two.
there's such a thing as a usb toggle, but forcing the system itself to do it isn't possible and likely never will be. the devs had a hard enough time offering usb storage to begin with due to piracy concerns. there's no way they'll allow multiple drives at the same time.

Reactions: Hayato213

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1