Will you update your ps4?

• Total voters

rednekcowboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PS3 with OOS: went for and sued Geohot

Geohot was just the face in front of the hack--he was not the dev behind it. He took others works and publicly shared it and the reason he got crucified for it was because it exposed vulnerabilities in Sony's network--which is all they care about.

If there is an exploit that is released that has nothing to do with Sony's network, they will not pursue any action against it. Savewizard is a perfect example of this and the people behind this have confirmed this with me. As long as the hack stays offline, Sony will not bother with it. Once a hack compromises the Sony network, they will use the full extent of their power to shut it down and make an example out of anyone that dares to release it.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't see what kind of case they'd have against Dax....
No idea, but it was pretty early on so they might not have even needed a case. Who was that guy in Europe that was doing loads of RE'ing that they went after? I can't remember his name, but I do remember he used to post really emotional stuff about how he'd rather die in jail than stop doing it.

EDIT: Graf_chokolo!

Last edited by subcon959,
Reactions: KiiWii

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So now over at hax there is enable_vr payload and a firmware spoofer :)

Progress is amazingly fast!

Perhaps we will see progress towards higher FW exploits soon.

Enable_vr payload? Nani?!
Please tell me we can play P.T. Demo, Outlast and more in proper VR!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try his latest vortex HEN payload with spoof + VR, try start the disc, try dump it :)
From what I read, it might dump ok but you won't be able to launch it. While I'm sure the fix will probably be for the launching part, I'll probably wait a bit just in case there's also a fix to the dumper itself.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From what I read, it might dump ok but you won't be able to launch it. While I'm sure the fix will probably be for the launching part, I'll probably wait a bit just in case there's also a fix to the dumper itself.

spoof>dump>elf fw patcher>pkg it up>try install and try load?

Last edited by KiiWii,
Reactions: peteruk

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
spoof>dump>elf fw patcher>pkg it up>try install and try load?
Doesn't work, and I'm not brave enough to try clicking Update Now to see if it bypasses that way.

GlXbdmf.jpg

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I should add that the game did install at least so that's something. We just need a way to extend the spoof so it runs enough to start decryption so it can be dumped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.