Hacking Ps3Xploit - Now Install CFW from 4.82 OFW : NOR/NAND Software Flash Writer + NOR Dumper Released

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 277,228
  • Replies 1,552
  • Likes 42

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Brilliant. I managed to buy a CECH-2500A with 07/2010 manufacture date today so it's one of the newest exploitable models. Too around 10 attempts to trigger the exploit through redthetrainer.com but finally got it working. Installed 4.82 FERROX and it works a charm. Can retire my old Phat CFW machine now.

Any particular reason to use REBUG over FERROX? They look pretty similar in feature set, and using it seems identical to using my Phat CFW machine which has REBUG.

busmanl30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brilliant. I managed to buy a CECH-2500A with 07/2010 manufacture date today so it's one of the newest exploitable models. Too around 10 attempts to trigger the exploit through redthetrainer.com but finally got it working. Installed 4.82 FERROX and it works a charm. Can retire my old Phat CFW machine now.

Any particular reason to use REBUG over FERROX? They look pretty similar in feature set, and using it seems identical to using my Phat CFW machine which has REBUG.
How tf you get it working !!!! Does somebody have discord so I could show them

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: aos10

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
REX = CEX+DEX but needs to be installed in a CEX console.
D-REX is the same but it needs to be installed in a DEX console.

Like you said, it is for developement consoles, yes.
Thanks, i still don't know what is CEX and DEX, hacking Sony's devices is harder than i thought.

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks, i still don't know what is CEX and DEX, hacking Sony's devices is harder than i thought.

CEX = Retail consoles
DEX = Development consoles, so it's not everyone who has got this type of consoles.

A little tip ; your console is a CECH, so it's a CEX console (first letter)
If you have a DECH, well you have a DEX console.

Last edited by sp3off,

repulse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Definitive CFW. You can play online using PSNPatch or SEN Enabler if you choosed the Rebug CFW. But you can switch from CFW to OFW. But why would you go OFW if you already hacked your console ? It makes no sense.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No, not yet hacked. Was asking cause i was thinking to switch to CFW for games backup, and back to OFW for online playing. Again and again. But if safe with PSNPatch (associated with ninjaPSN ?), i'll go the CFW road. At least if my Slim PS3 is compatible.

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This should all be normal, right? Nothing in here is to low or may indicate what's going on?

[224] connection accepted
[224] IP: 10.0.0.89
Connected clients: 1
[224] request path: nor-482.html
[224] 219 bytes sent (0 KB/s)
[224] 20549 bytes sent (20 KB/s)
[224] socket closed after responded for 1 requests
[508] connection accepted
[508] IP: 10.0.0.89
[508] request path: xp_rel_writer10.js
[508] 233 bytes sent (233 KB/s)
[508] 7523 bytes sent (7523 KB/s)
[508] socket closed after responded for 1 requests

D

Deleted User

OP
Going to repost this here just because its a bit annoying. Although im sure its going to come off as "salty"

So many half assed versions of the exploit files are starting to be rehosted..if you're going to rehost them for the public at least try to make it user friendly and not on a wall of text with a small hidden button. Put some effort in. First rule treat end users like a toddler.

Reactions: repulse and THYPLEX

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Small quirk, if you upgrade your HDD and thus have to reinstall 4.82 OFW from USB stick, you will have to run the exploit over again to be able to reinstall CFW. This may be obvious, but something I found out the hard way after swapping the 320GB HDD from my old Phat into my new Slim.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
CEX = Retail consoles
DEX = Development consoles, so it's not everyone who has got this type of consoles.

A little tip ; your console is a CECH, so it's a CEX console (first letter)
If you have a DECH, well you have a DEX console.
Is it possible to buy DEX console by mistake from retailer?
From what i see, many people have DEX console.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is it possible to buy DEX console by mistake from retailer?
From what i see, many people have DEX console.
Some people convert their consoles to DEX for some reason. Some devs may also legitmately have DEX machines.

It's not as complicated as your making it. Just use CEX, the vast majority of people are using CEX (myself included).

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to repost this here just because its a bit annoying. Although im sure its going to come off as "salty"

So many half assed versions of the exploit files are starting to be rehosted..if you're going to rehost them for the public at least try to make it user friendly and not on a wall of text with a small hidden button. Put some effort in. First rule treat end users like a toddler.
As an end user I agree completely. Even as a decent programmer myself (though in different areas) this shit gets complicated and even some developers don't know what could fuck something up if instructions are not followed exactly. Hell I'm following exact instructions and can't get this working yet.

Never assume the people using your service know what they are doing.

Reactions: Deleted User

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
How do I reverse this? If, for some reason, I want to go back to OFW, how is that done? Simply install the Sony PS3UPDAT.PUP?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HUC3gnPMZs&pp=ygUXTWVtY2FyZCBwcm8gMSwgMiBhbmQgZ2M%3D