Hacking Ps3Xploit - Now Install CFW from 4.82 OFW : NOR/NAND Software Flash Writer + NOR Dumper Released

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 278,319
  • Replies 1,552
  • Likes 42

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
If i already installed Rebug REX can i go back to ferrox cobra?
Afaik you can jump around between any CFW however you like. I installed Ferrox Standard 4.82 before realizing I needed Cobra to load ISOs so I just installed the Cobra version instead.
For me, Rebug offers nothing that Ferrox does not. It's like...Webman is integrated with Rebug. Ok? That's just a PKG to install on Ferrox and you're done. What's the big deal?

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
Afaik you can jump around between any CFW however you like. I installed Ferrox Standard 4.82 before realizing I needed Cobra to load ISOs so I just installed the Cobra version instead.
For me, Rebug offers nothing that Ferrox does not. It's like...Webman is integrated with Rebug. Ok? That's just a PKG to install on Ferrox and you're done. What's the big deal?
Even if i already changed some options on rebug toolbox?

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
QA Toggle - on
System mode REBUG
XMB Operation mode Debug
Toggle XMB CFW Settings enabled
Toggle COBRA mode Enabled
Toggle PS2 emulator original
Toggle webMAn enabled
I don't see why there would be any issues, but at this point you might as well stay I guess.
I just don't understand why people are so dead set on getting Rebug for absolutely no reason. This is my sixth time asking by the way throughout these 55 pages and I have STILL to receive a qualified answer :rofl2:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Could I just move my saves to my USB and restore them after a format?
Use the Save Data utility.
I think it'll work with normal save backups IF you use the same PSN account. But if you use the Save Data utility it should be fine as far as *I* know.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Indeed, I've been using Ferrox tonight to see what's it's like after using REBUG on my old Phat for so long, and aside from the Toolbox I've not spotted any real differences. Will likely stick with FERROX, not sure why people are falling over themselves to install REBUG.

Reactions: Shadowfied

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I like Rebug as its cleaner
Huh? Cleaner?
Please elaborate.
Rebug adds a bunch more options - not geared towards normal users - both in its toolbox and in the settings pane. Ferrox gives you nothing but functionality. How in the name of living fuck is Rebug CLEANER?
But hey, you're the second one to answer, so good job for trying!

busmanl30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh? Cleaner?
Please elaborate.
Rebug adds a bunch more options - not geared towards normal users - both in its toolbox and in the settings pane. Ferrox gives you nothing but functionality. How in the name of living fuck is Rebug CLEANER?
Now how do I go online

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's gonna work. I did a quick format, and now instead of shutting down and claiming success in less than a second it's not popping up with either success or failure, and the background is moving.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Huh? Cleaner?
Please elaborate.
Can I do Ferrox+Cobra without having to do QA flags atm?

If so, can you link the current version?

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
Huh? Cleaner?
Please elaborate.
The users. I got suggested multiple times to switch to Rebug for no reason. The one time i got a reason was "Easier Piracy" (Even if it's the same). So it's users that put pressure on users to switch

Glyptofane

Castaway
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh? Cleaner?
Please elaborate.
Who cares? Rebug is the most popular for better or worse, so that's what people want installed.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Who cares? Rebug is the most popular for better or worse, so that's what people want installed.
Because people are jumping through hoops and asking like fucking idiots about it when all they have to do is install Ferrox Cobra and Webman and they get literally everything they want and need. No need to QA flag shit and go through Ferrox first THEN Rebug etc.

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because people are jumping through hoops and asking like fucking idiots about it when all they have to do is install Ferrox Cobra and Webman and they get literally everything they want and need. No need to QA flag shit and go through Ferrox first THEN Rebug etc.
So I can do Ferrox without the QA flags then?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: and the lightning is frequent, so my power will most likely go out