Hardware Ps3 super slim makes this bad noise (only when a game loads, otherwise fine...) what's wrong?

hama364

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Just bought this and trying to play some games...

When I pop in a game it makes this unhealthy noise...

I tried ...

- several different HDMI cable = no difference.

- another game = no difference

... the monitor is also fine as it works fine with another PS3 and the same HDMI cable. The HDMI port of the PS3 looks good. Any idea what is the problem here? Any help is appreciated... thanks a lot

ItsmeAJ

Trophies
XP
Country
It sounds like ps3 output some kind of unsupported audio format to your speaker.

btw what kind of speaker you are using? and how it connect to PS3?

Go to settings, audio settings and set it up again, this time just let everything auto and test again.

hama364

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
It sounds like ps3 output some kind of unsupported audio format to your speaker.

btw what kind of speaker you are using? and how it connect to PS3?

Go to settings, audio settings and set it up again, this time just let everything auto and test again.
Hi, speaker is the built in one of the ViewSonic monitor you see in the video... connected view HDMI cable (tried different cable, all of the cable are known working). Audio settings in PS3 is HDMI/ auto and it shows a few "output format" all "linear PCM 2 Ch. xxkHz

That looks correct to me....
Any other ideas?

ItsmeAJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, speaker is the built in one of the ViewSonic monitor you see in the video... connected view HDMI cable (tried different cable, all of the cable are known working). Audio settings in PS3 is HDMI/ auto and it shows a few "output format" all "linear PCM 2 Ch. xxkHz

That looks correct to me....
Any other ideas?

Do you have a TV to hook the PS3 up? just to make sure HDMI and audio are fine on normal TV first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Well maybe lol