Gaming PS3 Price drop coming soon?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God this thread got off track.

I don't think there will be another PS3 price drop any time soon since they already dropped the Slim price from $300 to $250. It's still in striking distance of the Xbox 360 which normally retails at $200 for the vanilla version. I really don't know about bundles for each of them though although Kinect is shaping up to be the better and more supported device (kinda more shit for games than Move but it's more useful for multimedia).

Reactions: 1 person

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
:wtf:

There's...there's so much I want to say, yet...I just don't think it's worth it...

Well, for me this looks like a lost of arguments :tpi:

If this thread has taught me one thing, it has taught me this.

Brazilian Wikipedia needs more contributors.

I'm still waiting your response!
I know both of you are trully Nintendo fans, but it's obvious that the third party abandonned Wii.
Third parties released just alternative games for Wii, their focus was obviously on X360 and PS3,
if you don't believe, look at the Best Game of the year from the last 6 years, was any of them a non-Nintendo game for Wii?

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's a generic comment, that does not apply to this case.
I showed you arguments, you still showed me none, or if you consider that game list it comes to an invalid argument.

I haven't even attempted to make an argument about Nintendo's third party support. Or even commented on it. I made a list to give macumoomoo a kick in the balls but I've made no actual comment bar the one liner on Murasama.

However I enjoyed being called a Nintendo fan. I don't think you appreciate how brilliant that comment it.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's a generic comment, that does not apply to this case.
I showed you arguments, you still showed me none, or if you consider that game list it comes to an invalid argument.

I haven't even attempted to make an argument about Nintendo's third party support. Or even commented on it. I made a list to give macumoomoo a kick in the balls but I've made no actual comment bar the one liner on Murasama.

However I enjoyed being called a Nintendo fan. I don't think you appreciate how brilliant that comment it.

I think this conversation is getting nowhere and gone far off-topic!
That gave me quite an unsual idea! :D
Anyway, it was an interesting talk, and funny though!

Now going on-topic again:
I think we will see a price-drop in 2013 from $250 to $200, a few months before E3

Vladimir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I love how half of this thread is not about a PS3 price drop.

lol, i know, i had already lost faith on someone going back on track on this topic.
I think there will be a price drop this year, a little before Playstation All Stars BR.
Thanks everyone who answered and gave me their opinions about the actual topic :) (still, i would like to listen to more opinions, they're all interesting to me).

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Okami is a port the PS2 version!
Madworld is another unknown publisher game
I did not even found Zack and Wiki on brazilian Wikipédia! :tpi:
When I searched Kloana it asked me: Did you mean Katana? :rofl2:

Most of these are RPG games, and none is a AAA title!
The best there that you can say are solid titles are Sonic and Final Fantasy(althougt it's not of the main series)!
The rest are almost unknown games!

Wii was abandoned, and got just alternative titles and bad ports!
For developers, usually it wasn't even worth trying to port the titles from PS3, X360 and PC to Wii, since Wii hardware is shit!
Really?! I don't know but perhaps the Brazilian version of Wikipedia, not to mention the internet sucks at using english, kinda like you?

Madworld was developed by Platinum Games, who developed Bayonetta, Infinite Space and Vanquish, which used to be Clover Studios who developed the Viewtiful Joe games and Okami, not to mention it was published by SEGA....only one of the biggest Publishers/Developers in the WORLD!

First off it's Klonoa, not Kloana. Klonoa is a remake of the PS1 title Klonoa: Door to Phantomile, Published by Namco and Developed by Paon, who have also developed DK: King of Swing, Donkey Kong Barrel Blast, DK: Jungle Climber, Glory of Heracles and also took part in the development of Smash Bros Brawl.

Zack and Wiki is a very popular game for the Wii which was developed and published by Capcom....enough said.

No More Heroes is a very popular game series on the Wii, you must not have played it.

Now how about games like The Conduit 2(SEGA/High Voltage), Xenoblade(Nintendo/Monolith Soft), The Last Story(Nintendo/Mistwalker), Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom(Capcom/Eighting), Lost in Shadow(Hudson), A Boy and his Blob(Majesco/Wayforward), Little King's Story(Xseed/CING), Epic Mickey(Disney Interactive/Junction Point) and Boom Blox: Bash Party(EA/Amblin Entertainment).

Honestly do you even own or have you ever played a Nintendo Wii?
You sound like a pissed off FPS/GTA gamer....The Wii hardware might have been underpowered but it provided a new way to play(motion controls), which both M$ and SONY had to copy later on. Not to mention the fact that the Wii had the best 1st party titles and also outsold both the PS3 and 360 nearly 3 to 2(3 Wii's for every 2 360's or PS3's) that's not even counting probably the 1/4 of 360's and 1/8 of PS3's that were bought to replace faulty hardware.

With all that said I do believe once the WiiU is released that the other console will have to do a price cut.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Really?! I don't know but perhaps the Brazilian version of Wikipedia, not to mention the internet sucks at using english, kinda like you?

Do you speak a better portuguese than my english?
If not, fuck off!

Yet I don't know what brazilian wikipédia has to do with that

Madworld was developed by Platinum Games, who developed Bayonetta, Infinite Space and Vanquish, which used to be Clover Studios who developed the Viewtiful Joe games and Okami, not to mention it was published by SEGA....only one of the biggest Publishers/Developers in the WORLD!

First off it's Klonoa, not Kloana. Klonoa is a remake of the PS1 title Klonoa: Door to Phantomile, Published by Namco and Developed by Paon, who have also developed DK: King of Swing, Donkey Kong Barrel Blast, DK: Jungle Climber, Glory of Heracles and also took part in the development of Smash Bros Brawl.

Zack and Wiki is a very popular game for the Wii which was developed and published by Capcom....enough said.

No More Heroes is a very popular game series on the Wii, you must not have played it.

Now how about games like The Conduit 2(SEGA/High Voltage), Xenoblade(Nintendo/Monolith Soft), The Last Story(Nintendo/Mistwalker), Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom(Capcom/Eighting), Lost in Shadow(Hudson), A Boy and his Blob(Majesco/Wayforward), Little King's Story(Xseed/CING), Epic Mickey(Disney Interactive/Junction Point) and Boom Blox: Bash Party(EA/Amblin Entertainment).

None of these is a AAA title, none was elected game of the year or even concurred.
All these titles were made by almost unknown developers, and then big publishers incorporated these games.

Honestly do you even own or have you ever played a Nintendo Wii?
You sound like a pissed off FPS/GTA gamer....The Wii hardware might have been underpowered but it provided a new way to play(motion controls), which both M$ and SONY had to copy later on. Not to mention the fact that the Wii had the best 1st party titles and also outsold both the PS3 and 360 nearly 3 to 2(3 Wii's for every 2 360's or PS3's) that's not even counting probably the 1/4 of 360's and 1/8 of PS3's that were bought to replace faulty hardware.

With all that said I do believe once the WiiU is released that the other console will have to do a price cut.

I played a Wii, and it's not pleasurable to play NSMB with all those stupid motion controls.
Bieber and Twillight outsell Mozart and Inception, needless to say wich of those are the best

I believe we will see a price drop of PS3 with the ultra-slim PS3 release

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Do you speak a better portuguese than my english?
If not, fuck off!

None of these is a AAA title, none was elected game of the year or even concurred.
All these titles were made by almost unknown developers, and then big publishers incorporated these games.

I played a Wii, and it's not pleasurable to play NSMB with all those stupid motion controls.
1. This is an english forum and putting english titles into a portuguese search usually doesn't provide "good" results. I find it odd that it was so easy for me to find all the info I needed with a basic search of the titles, but you couldn't find it.

2. An AAA title only denotes that the game had a high budget and a large team working on it, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a good game, almost every title I mentioned are great games that didn't have a broad exposure or a big marketing campaign....a few of them are actually better games than the ones you say won game of the year etc. How great is it that the FPS can be remade and remade almost exactly the same as a previous title yet it still wins game of the year, same goes for the sandbox style games that win game of the year etc. Also there's a difference in developers that actually create games andcompanies who mostly just publish games ex: Capcom, Konami, EA, Ubisoft, Square Enix, THQ, Microsoft and Warner Bros. These companies hire smaller studios like Platinum Games, Infinity Ward, Brownie Brown, Level-5, Cavia, Fenix Soft, h.a.n.d, Intelligent Systems, IO Interactive, Double Helix, Treyarch, Obsidian Entertainment, Crystal Dynamics, High Impact, Slant Six, Crytek, Epic Games and many many more to develop most of their software. You probably think most of these developers are mainly "Unknown" but they have actually all worked on very high profile games. Just because you don't know who actually makes the games you play doesn't mean they're "unknown" developers.

3. that's your opinion, not a fact.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1. This is an english forum and putting english titles into a portuguese search usually doesn't provide "good" results. I find it odd that it was so easy for me to find all the info I needed with a basic search of the titles, but you couldn't find it.

I wasn't searching for the titles in portuguese to know that,
but to prove how these titles doesn't have all this quality as you say,
because if it was, it would be better known

2. An AAA title only denotes that the game had a high budget and a large team working on it, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a good game, almost every title I mentioned are great games that didn't have a broad exposure or a big marketing campaign....a few of them are actually better games than the ones you say won game of the year etc. How great is it that the FPS can be remade and remade almost exactly the same as a previous title yet it still wins game of the year, same goes for the sandbox style games that win game of the year etc. Also there's a difference in developers that actually create games andcompanies who mostly just publish games ex: Capcom, Konami, EA, Ubisoft, Square Enix, THQ, Microsoft and Warner Bros. These companies hire smaller studios like Platinum
Games, Infinity Ward, Brownie Brown, Level-5, Cavia, Fenix Soft, h.a.n.d, Intelligent Systems, IO Interactive, Double Helix, Treyarch, Obsidian Entertainment, Crystal Dynamics, High Impact, Slant Six, Crytek, Epic Games and many many more to develop most of their software. You probably think most of these developers are mainly "Unknown" but they have actually all worked on very high profile games. Just because you don't know who actually makes the games you play doesn't mean they're "unknown" developers.

AAA means the quality of the game, not how well published it is.
All the titles I said were better games that the ones you said.

You probably don't know the GoTY very well.

Look to Academy of Arts and Sciences GoTY:

2011: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2010: Mass Effect 2
2009: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
2008: Little Big Planet
2007: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
2006: Gears of War
2005: God of War
2004: Half Life 2

Just AAA titles. High Quality games acclaimed by public and critics.
Very different from the titles you just said.

3. that's your opinion, not a fact.

It's more than just a opinion, it involves critics analysis, complexity of the play, and many more that you wouldn't understand

hellfire2081

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
:ninja:

Ahem... I don't want to interfere on your fight but does anyone know or heard about the PS3 price's drop (i think this is the topic here, no)???

Just passing... thank you ^_^

:ninja:

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no word has been mentioned on a ps3 price cut no, latest was Sony is to release a super slim PS3 soon, if that means it will be cheaper or cost more is anyones guess

Reactions: 1 person

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't searching for the titles in portuguese to know that,
but to prove how these titles doesn't have all this quality as you say,
because if it was, it would be better known

AAA means the quality of the game, not how well published it is.
All the titles I said were better games that the ones you said.

You probably don't know the GoTY very well.

Look to Academy of Arts and Sciences GoTY:

2011: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
2010: Mass Effect 2
2009: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
2008: Little Big Planet
2007: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
2006: Gears of War
2005: God of War
2004: Half Life 2

Just AAA titles. High Quality games acclaimed by public and critics.
Very different from the titles you just said.

It's more than just a opinion, it involves critics analysis, complexity of the play, and many more that you wouldn't understand
I assume you only play "AAA" titles?! Hmmm, no arguing with that logic!

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I assume you only play "AAA" titles?! Hmmm, no arguing with that logic!

That's not the point, and I'm sure you know that.
The point is, the best titles are for PS3 and X360,
because Wii lost a lot of 3rd party support,
because it had the weakest console.

Nintendo is now trying to have support of 3rd party developers because
it's afraid of WiiU being a failure because of that,
the same way of N64 and GC

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That's not the point, and I'm sure you know that.
The point is, the best titles are for PS3 and X360,
because Wii lost a lot of 3rd party support,
because it had the weakest console.

Nintendo is now trying to have support of 3rd party developers because
it's afraid of WiiU being a failure because of that,
the same way of N64 and GC
Again, that's your opinion...though a majority of 3rd party titles weren't breakthrough hits on the Wii, there were still some great titles, not to mention Nintendo's 1st party lineup held up great and did win awards.

The n64 and the GC were both more powerful than the competition, the thing that held them back was the media format they decided to use, the N64 had limited space for textures and music and the GC using mini DVDs only had about 1/4 of the space of normal DVDs. Also n64 and GC didn't fail, they both had great games and a huge user base. N64 had goldeneye, banjo kazooie, bomberman 64, resident evil 2 plus the 1st party lineup. The GC had games like super monkey ball, baten kaitos, batallion wars, metal gear solid twin snakes, killer 7, time splitters 2, resident evil(remake), vietiful joe, prince of persia sands of time, eternal darkness, resident evil 4 and the excellent 1st party lineup.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Again, that's your opinion...though a majority of 3rd party titles weren't breakthrough hits on the Wii, there were still some great titles, not to mention Nintendo's 1st party lineup held up great and did win awards.

The n64 and the GC were both more powerful than the competition, the thing that held them back was the media format they decided to use, the N64 had limited space for textures and music and the GC using mini DVDs only had about 1/4 of the space of normal DVDs. Also n64 and GC didn't fail, they both had great games and a huge user base. N64 had goldeneye, banjo kazooie, bomberman 64, resident evil 2 plus the 1st party lineup. The GC had games like super monkey ball, baten kaitos, batallion wars, metal gear solid twin snakes, killer 7, time splitters 2, resident evil(remake), vietiful joe, prince of persia sands of time, eternal darkness, resident evil 4 and the excellent 1st party lineup.

When I say that GC and N64 were failures, I talk about sells.
I had a N64, and my favorite game of all time is Super Mario 64, but it's undeniable that PS1 outsold N64.
The same way PS2 outsold GC.

If third party developers don't support WiiU, it may come to a failure in term of sells, and this is why Nintendo is trying to have third party support.

Both were not successful because of the non-support of third party developers. Third party developers didn't support because of the limited space of the media in both.
Wich means that your sentence ("the thing that held them back was the media format they decided to use") is right in a indirect way.

The most part of high quality third party games weren't supported by Wii because of it's weaker hardware, that's all I'm saying.

I don't see why you question such facts

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(