Shiroyasha
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
The ps3, i thought, would've lasted me 5+ years, no worries!

The reality is that it didn't. I bought my ps3 along with a couple of friends/family (note: 3 were 80Gig/1 was 160Gig). Altogether it was 4 of us, this was around Jan-Feb 2008.

Right now there's only 1 working Ps3 among us (80Gig). 3 of us encountered the same problem leaving our Ps3 'dead'. Randomly turning off, 3 beeps and flashing red light. (personally i've never seen the yellow light flash, none of my friends can claim they did either)

That give the Ps3 an estimated 4 year life span among the 4 Ps3's.

For those of you, who own/ed a ps3 for 3+ years, how's it holding up?

Anyone encountered our same fatality?

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States

My launch 60 Gb Ps3 ylod about 1 or 1 1/2 years back, my now refurbished 60 Gb Ps3 never gets used, My Slim Netflix edition Ps3 I've never had a problem with though its not nearly as old.

edit: found my ylod thread here on gba, seems it was closer to 3 years ago when it died, so mine lasted close to 3 years.
http://gbatemp.net/t...sony-questions/

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony has been making consoles that are too delicate, so they break, for the last 2 generations. I honestly am thinking real hard about buying any more Sony Playstation products. The funny thing is the handhelds seem to be made to last.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, there's no option for me. I got a 160 GB model (or if it is 120? not slim though, european with 4 included psn games) I guess it was christmas 2008. that makes it soon 4 years and still going.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The ps3, i thought, would've lasted me 5+ years, no worries!

The reality is that it didn't. I bought my ps3 along with a couple of friends/family (note: 3 were 80Gig/1 was 160Gig). Altogether it was 4 of us, this was around Jan-Feb 2008.

Right now there's only 1 working Ps3 among us (8-Gig). 3 of us encountered the same problem leaving our Ps3 'dead'. Randomly turning off, 3 beeps and flashing red light. (personally i've never seen the yellow light flash, none of my friends can claim they did either)

That give the Ps3 an estimated 4 year life span among the 4 Ps3's.

I haven't had a PS3 for years, only a couple months, but I dropped my PS3 on cement a couple times and everything works just fine.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will be 3 years this coming Christmas.

My first PSX and first PS2 both wound up with problems, though.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My PS3 is going at around 2 years, my brother's PS3 is around 3 years and my girlfriend's 60 Gb is still going strong from '08. No problems whatsoever if space limitations don't count (my PS3 library is huuuge). My original PS2 Phat is still going strong and it's ancient!

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Blu-ray drive on mine went after around 6 or 7 months. The replacement is still going strong after a year of daily use.
This was on a new PS3 Dep, or you buy pre-owned?
It was a brand new 320GB slim. The warranty covered the free replacement and that one has given me (so far) a trouble-free year of games and video.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
The Blu-ray drive on mine went after around 6 or 7 months. The replacement is still going strong after a year of daily use.
This was on a new PS3 Dep, or you buy pre-owned?
It was a brand new 320GB slim. The warranty covered the free replacement and that one has given me (so far) a trouble-free year of games and video.

Good you was covered by the warranty, i'm just surprised that the Blue-Ray lasted you such a short time.

Reactions: 1 person

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was maybe just a single faulty unit. These things happen and that's what warranties are for. Like I said, the replacement (a refurbished model) has displayed no problems at all so far and I play the thing for three or four hours most days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...