DragonBoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi guys,
I want to do a favour for a friend and do a small neat mod with a switch for his PS2 Slim. The idea is instead of using tape etc to cover the sensors, what I want to do, is install a 6-pin on-off switch on the side and as soon as it is pushed, the sensors will be blocked... The two sensors as far as I can see look fairly straight forward. However the third one (the right one which is pushed by the disc you insert in) I can't really understand how it works... I don't have cables etc at the moment to further test the PS2 but from what I've seen on the tutorial videos this sensor must get blocked by keeping it pushed in.... but no matter how I see it, it doesn't look as it is pushing or blocking something... under the hood there is nothing... Does it really need to be hold down in order for the laser to start reading the disc?

Thank you

Last edited by DragonBoy,

DragonBoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi,
after he brought me the cables and we did some testing, I realised that this wasn't a sensor but merely a holder to keep the disc in place and if it wasn't pressed in, it wouldn't let the disc spin properly... It seemed pretty useless so I just unscrewd it, put it inside a tiny plastic bag and stuck it inside the PS2 with some tape for safekeeping after I did the small mod with the DPST switch... Now the PS2 reads perfect PS2 standard backups with swap magic and the patched ones with ESR. Thanks everyone! :yaysp::)

Last edited by DragonBoy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E