PS1/2 Ps2 modchip is not loading backup games anymore

jon_pt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
1) What Modchip version are you using? No idea which one, i pressed reset and the game loaded
2) Is your PS2 console soft modded (FMCB/FHDB) or using a Modchip or combined? (Please provide the exact version number of your installed FMCB/FHDB or brand-model of your Modchip.) Combined. I have FMCB and i load games also from a HD installed on the back of the console at the network adapter with ps2 open loader.
3) What model is your PS2 console (exact model number)? Scph-39004
4) If reporting issues with games, provide the following: complete Game Title, Game ID, and MD5 Checksum. Only dvd copies
5) And what device (i.e. Disc tray, USB, HDD, or SMB) are you loading the game from? Disc tray copies is where i have problems now
6) Now please explain your issues thoroughly -- Keep in mind we are not mind readers. Give examples. Upload screenshots/pictures and etc. (DO NOT host the images at another site, use our built-in attachment feature when posting your help topic.) Plus list any other APPS that you are using or having issues with? (Make sure to provide the version numbers of any APP that you plan to mention in your help topic.)

Basically what happen is that i have combined FMCB and modchip and all were working great for the past 1 or 2 years but now dvd copies are not running. The strange is that shows black screen like is going to load (and appear playstation 2 logo) but i hear And see the HDD light working inside and then it goes to the memory card menu showing cards ( i have no card it shows no data ) and after it goes to the screen red that says to insert a valid ps1 or ps2 cd/dvd.

Its like the console now is giving priority to internal hdd, memory card or usb to run and not priority to the dvd and modchip.

Any idea what happen and how to fix it?

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you play burned DVD videos? Checking to see if it's the DVD drive and not the chip.

Note: HDD activity may be normal as it's checking to see if there's an updated browser/HDDOSD installed.

Reactions: Alexander1970

jon_pt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, it runs dvd movies and original games.

the strange part here is when you try to run a back up, u hear hdd activy during the black screen and then it goes to the memory card screen ( dont know why ) and after to the red screen saying its to insert a valid playstation 2 or 1 dvd/cd.

in the past it just went black, and then it started running the game.

So i believe or the chip got broken, or i disabled it without knowing. i have no idea why it goes into the memory card screen.

jon_pt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Its a good question which chip is it dont show no logo.

all i know is for sure is one of the first chips when ps2 was out, as i bought it to a work collegue at the time at 2007 when he bought the ps3 and he had this console since when it was out

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the dvds recent copies that you made? Or are these from 1 or 2 years ago that have worked before? Also, when you hold r1, l1, r2, and l2 while you boot the ps2, you should see something about your chip. You might also be able to hold square and power up the ps2. That may force dvd mode. Perhaps you can hold start while bottling the ps2, this MAY disable/enable your chip.

Also, you can post normal, this isn’t pstwohome.

Last edited by slaphappygamer,

jon_pt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
One more info, this is strange: i have a copy of a ps1 game, and that one worked at first, a cd... but my copies of dvd games of ps2 dont work. Hope this info will give you one more clue for you guys to help me. Many thanks.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, it runs dvd movies and original games.

the strange part here is when you try to run a back up, u hear hdd activy during the black screen and then it goes to the memory card screen ( dont know why ) and after to the red screen saying its to insert a valid playstation 2 or 1 dvd/cd.

in the past it just went black, and then it started running the game.

So i believe or the chip got broken, or i disabled it without knowing. i have no idea why it goes into the memory card screen.

One more info, this is strange: i have a copy of a ps1 game, and that one worked at first, a cd... but my copies of dvd games of ps2 dont work. Hope this info will give you one more clue for you guys to help me. Many thanks.

To clarify, those were burnt DVD movies and not pressed/originals? If it’s playing burnt PS1 CDs I’m wondering if it’s the laser.

Some PS2 games use CDs, do you have any to test with?

If you want to test, try removing the Hdd, but I suspect the activity is because it’s going into the browser.

jon_pt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
To clarify, those were burnt DVD movies and not pressed/originals? If it’s playing burnt PS1 CDs I’m wondering if it’s the laser.

Some PS2 games use CDs, do you have any to test with?

If you want to test, try removing the Hdd, but I suspect the activity is because it’s going into the browser.

Dvd copied movies ( princo dvds ) - work
Ps2 games at cd (virtua tennis 2 ) - worked but now is not loading anymore
Ps2 games dvd ( same brand of dvd movies - princo dvd ) - dont work
Ps2 original games - work

also i removed the hdd... it sends me to the memory card menu even if i dont have any and then red screen, please insert a ps2 or ps1 dvd/cd

do u think is the lens failing? Is it normal to read this ones and other not?

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Dvd copied movies ( princo dvds ) - work
Ps2 games at cd (virtua tennis 2 ) - worked but now is not loading anymore
Ps2 games dvd ( same brand of dvd movies - princo dvd ) - dont work
Ps2 original games - work

also i removed the hdd... it sends me to the memory card menu even if i dont have any and then red screen, please insert a ps2 or ps1 dvd/cd

do u think is the lens failing? Is it normal to read this ones and other not?

Disc drives can fail over time and burnt media can be harder to read, so I was curious as to whether it's the DRM checks failing or the media not being read.

Do you have a disc drive cleaner you can use?

jon_pt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Disc drives can fail over time and burnt media can be harder to read, so I was curious as to whether it's the DRM checks failing or the media not being read.

Do you have a disc drive cleaner you can use?

tried with a disc cleaner, didnt work, got worse even making ps2 games on cd dont work as well. ( i notice the issue is purple dvds copies of games... of movies it reads. )

micp

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like the laser is on its way out. If you know what you're doing I'd suggest tweaking the potentiometer.

jon_pt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sounds like the laser is on its way out. If you know what you're doing I'd suggest tweaking the potentiometer.

Been doing this, and i can only make it work dvd original games, dvd movie copies and cd music originals or copies

or its the lens khs-400c or its the modchip that is wrecked or disabled

is there any way easy for me to see which chip is? Or its difficult acess?

micp

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Been doing this, and i can only make it work dvd original games, dvd movie copies and cd music originals or copies

or its the lens khs-400c or its the modchip that is wrecked or disabled

is there any way easy for me to see which chip is? Or its difficult acess?

If you can open the system the chip usually says on, unless its a cheap clone. You'll more than likely have some kind of a Modbo chip though.

If there's nothing on the chip itself, can you take a photo and post it. We should be able to help you from there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol