Hacking PS2 BC fat- PS2 isos play but not PS2 originals

dsdork

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently moved over to Rogero 4.6 + COBRA an a PS2 BC/ 4 USB port fat and love it! I have PS1 and PS3 originals and backups working just fine off optical, internal, and external drives. I also have PSP isos working just fine. The issue I have is with PS2. I can play isos that are copied to the internal drive but can't see original disks to play or copy them over to the internal drive.

I tried:
  • mmCM and multiMAN modes
  • I've tried putting a ps2 (as well as psx and ps3) disk in the drive.
  • I've worked through this guide: http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=64846 (I'm asking here because you guys seem to be much more helpful). The only option I see is "Start Game from Disc (PSX/PS3)". If I choose this with a ps2 game in, I get a black screen.

Any ideas?

Bobbybangin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's weird. Mine is also BC, CECHE01, and they show in mine. Both burned and original work for me. You're probably not getting a lot of help, because you seem to have a unique problem. With a BC console, it should show up in XMB, like mine do.

dsdork

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's weird. Mine is also BC, CECHE01, and they show in mine. Both burned and original work for me. You're probably not getting a lot of help, because you seem to have a unique problem. With a BC console, it should show up in XMB, like mine do.

What steps do you take to launch or copy and PS2 game to the drive?
I have a CECHA01.

Bobbybangin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What steps do you take to launch or copy and PS2 game to the drive?
I have a CECHA01.

It's probably easier if you read through this and see what, if anything, you missed or are doing wrong. I know you already linked it, but it's got all the directions you'll need, which is the same process I use.

4:Making & Playing PS2 backups

in "mmCM mode" users can backup an original PS2 game or a backup in a DVD+/-R or CD-R.
Support for PS2 isos in non-BC consoles using ps2_netemu.
You can use it in the same way as before, just load an iso and launch from disc icon,
No need for encrypted isos, isos patched with limg sectors, etc. Just your normal PS2 isos dumped from discs or taken from somewhere.
Don't forget to set the memory cards in XMB, in the old memory card utility for PS/PS2, as ps2_netemu won't let you assign them in game.

Making PS2 backups:

1. Start multiman from the XMB
2. go to HOME column and select "Switch between mmCM and multiMAN"
3. Now Insert a original PS2 game or a backup in a DVD+/-R or CD-R.It will appear in the games section.
4. Select it, press triangle, and choose “Create ISO”.

Playing PS2 backups:

1. Start multiman from the XMB
2. go to HOME column and select "Switch between mmCM and multiMAN"
3. Choose the backup from the list in the “Retro” section and press X.
4. mmCM will mount the backup and exit.You can start the PS2 game backup from the XMB.
Don’t forget that you must assign slots to virtual memory cards in the XMB if they aren’t already assigned.

mmCM uses the following directories to load/write PS2 backups:

· /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO
· /dev_usbXXX/PS2ISO -> currently, only for transferring, not loading

Allowed formats are:

· DVD backups: iso files with 2048 bytes per sector.
· CD backups:

1. ISO files with 2048 or 2352 bytes per sector; CD backups with 2352 bytes per sector are more compatible.
2. Cue+bin: Data track must be mode 2/2352.
PS2 iso backups are automatically unmounted when returning to XMB from the game.
Because of the special nature of the PS2 emulator,

Playing PS2 backups in CD-R/DVD+-R:

"CFW 4.46 Mixed with Cobra 7.00" allows PS2 backups in CD-R/DVD+-R discs to be transparently started from XMB without the need of multiMAN (mmCM mode)
However, there is no support for optical discs in ps2_netemu (Non-BC console) but BC consoles will still use their respective emulators (ps2_emu, ps2_gxemu), which have much better compatibility and also support optical discs, original or backup but these backups must be burn from an iso with a mds file. Without an appropriated mds file describing layer break, dual layer backups won’t work.

PS2 region

"CFW 4.46 Mixed with Cobra 7.00" bypasses all region checks for original, optical backups and backups in iso format.

http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=64846

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-