PS TV always asks to connect the controller to press the PS button after being turned on

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This maybe?

I googled slow adrenaline vita and found a few ideas.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/psp-games-run-slow-on-pstv.588202/

My PSP's "CPU CLOCK XMB" and "CPU CLOCK GAME" are set to "Default" and the PSP is faster than the PS Vita and PS TV whose "CPU CLOCK XMB" and "CPU CLOCK GAME" are set to "333/166" and I don't even have ge_patch installed on them. Before setting "CPU CLOCK XMB" and "CPU CLOCK GAME" on the PS Vita and PS TV to "333/166", they were set to "Default" and it was slowing down even more.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My PSP is on Default and it's faster than PS Vita and PS TV on 333/166 and I don't even have ge_patch installed. Before setting CPU Clock Speed to 333/166, it was set to Default and it was even slower.

Which "Graphics Filtering" and "Smooth Graphics" settings should be chosen on Adrenaline to have better graphics? Should Graphics Filtering's bilinear "Sharp bilinear" setting be chosen?

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but could you help me with the lag issue?
I don't experience it (I got the same USB drive you have just to test and I currently use it - Cruzer Glide). :(

The issue probably isn't StorageMgr. Many are fine using that plugin.

One idea may be that you have a bunch of games and patches downloaded from PKGj and you haven't started the game yet - so the patch (update) is waiting in memory to install? You aren't currently downloading while trying to play are you?

Sorry I don't know what it could be yet.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't experience it (I got the same USB drive you have just to test and I currently use it - Cruzer Glide). :(

The issue probably isn't StorageMgr. Many are fine using that plugin.

One idea may be that you have a bunch of games and patches downloaded from PKGj and you haven't started the game yet - so the patch (update) is waiting in memory to install? You aren't currently downloading while trying to play are you?

Sorry I don't know what it could be yet.

I only used PKGj to download and install PS Vita DLC, not PSP's, and I already installed it, so it's not waiting in the memory to be installed.

Reactions: Anderxale

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only used PKGj to download and install PS Vita DLC, not PSP DLC, and I already installed it, so it isn't waiting in memory to be be installed.
Yep, Vita Updates, Games and DLC waiting to install would slow down everything the PSTV does, not just adrenaline.

Since you have nothing waiting to install, it's not that hmm.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you launching Adrenaline and Adrenaline is slow? Or launching game bubbles from the home screen and the games are slow? Both?

I'm thinking MAYBE if you have a lot of PSP and PS1 games installed, it might slow Adrenaline - shouldn't affect the game play though...

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Are you launching Adrenaline and Adrenaline is slow? Or launching game bubbles from the home screen and the games are slow? Both?

I'm thinking MAYBE if you have a lot of PSP and PS1 games installed, it might slow Adrenaline - shouldn't affect the game play though...

When playing PSP games on Andrenaline, regardless if they're converted to bubbles or not.

I do have many games but it's only slow when clicking "Memory Stick" to access them and I've always had the latter "problem" since the PSP so I guess it's normal behavior.

Also, is it specific games? Or all of them? Can you tell me a few?

All of them. I only tried the european Daxter, Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai, Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 2 and Dragon Z: Tenkaichi Tag Team ISOs.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have many games but it's only slow when clicking on "Memory Stick" to access them and I've had this "problem" since the PSP so I guess it's normal.

I don't have any PSP game bubble.

All of them. I only tried Daxter, Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai, Dragon Ball Z Shin Budokai 2 and Dragon Z Tenkaichi Tag Team.
Ah! It can be normal.

One thing that you may or may not like - vita apps called Launchers.

Adrenaline bubbles can slow down the vita homescreen if they are on the home screen (I know you don't do this, I'm just saying turning games into bubbles doesn't help).

Adrenaline slows down if you have a large list of games to load on the memory stick.

Below I recommend 2 launchers to try. There are more launchers - these are just the 2 must up to date (that I'm aware of).

Both below launcher are installed on vita homescreen and launch from a bubble. Both can show you and allow you to launch (play) all Vita Games, Homebrew, PS1, PSP, RetroArch and other emulated games from one app. They still need Adrenaline - they just launch Adrenaline games (and all other Vita and emulator apps/games) for you.

Vita Launcher - a homebrew that is fast and can organize and launch games quickly.
https://github.com/cy33hc/vita-launcher

RetroFlow Launcher - more visually impressive. Takes a second to load cover art but also launches games quickly.
https://github.com/jimbob4000/RetroFlow-Launcher

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ah! It can be normal.

One thing that you may or may not like - vita apps called Launchers.

Adrenaline bubbles can slow down the vita homescreen if they are on the home screen (I know you don't do this, I'm just saying turning games into bubbles doesn't help).

Adrenaline slows down if you have a large list of games to load on the memory stick.

Below I recommend 2 launchers to try. There are more launchers - these are just the 2 must up to date (that I'm aware of).

Both below launcher are installed on vita homescreen and launch from a bubble. Both can show you and allow you to launch (play) all Vita Games, Homebrew, PS1, PSP, RetroArch and other emulated games from one app. They still need Adrenaline - they just launch Adrenaline games (and all other Vita and emulator apps/games) for you.

Vita Launcher - a homebrew that is fast and can organize and launch games quickly.
https://github.com/cy33hc/vita-launcher

RetroFlow Launcher - more visually impressive. Takes a second to load cover art but also launches games quickly.
https://github.com/jimbob4000/RetroFlow-Launcher

Thanks, but what I want is the slowness issue fixed...

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but what I want is the lag issue fixed...
USB is slower than SD2VITA - so you could try switching.

I also get lag in Adrenaline when loading the list of games.

You could try installing fewer games.

You don't experience the lag during gameplay, right?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
USB is slower than SD2VITA - so you could try switching.

I also get lag in Adrenaline when loading the list of games.

You could try installing fewer games.

You don't experience the lag during gameplay, right?

But SD2VITA slows down as much as my USB flash drive.

I do, that's exactly what I'm trying to fix...

Reactions: Anderxale

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?