PS TV always asks to connect the controller to press the PS button after being turned on

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My PS TV always asks to connect the controller via USB cable to press the PS button and after doing that I'm redirected to Safe Mode. This is irritating since I use an USB flash drive instead of SD2VITA so I always have to take it to connect the controller via USB cable and press the PS button to access Safe Mode.

Also, lately, StorageMgr isn't automounting the USB flash drive to ux0 so I have to run VitaShell, mount uma0, mount USB ux0 and finally refresh LiveArea for all my homebrew to return.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My PS TV always asks to connect the controller using the USB cable to press the PS button and after doing that I'm redirected to the recovery menu. This is irritating since I use an USB Flash Drive instead of SD2Vita so I have to take it to connect the controller all the time to press the PS button and afterwards to choose a recovery menu setting. Also, the USB flash drive doesn't even show up on VitaShell so on VitaShell I always have to mount uma0, mount USB ux0 and then refresh LiveArea for all my games to show up.

If I use SD2Vita instead of an USB flash drive it would spare some time and I wouldn't waste the USB port which can be useful to charge my controller. I'm using an USB flash drive because I was told it was faster than SD2Vita. I think it's 2.0 since I was told it was more compatible with the PS TV than 3.0.
Sounds like a fake controller

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A powered USB hub (has it's own power source) will allow you to connect controllers and USB storage at the same time.

That doesn't solve the issue is needing to connect the controller every time though...

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
A powered USB hub (has it's own power source) will allow you to connect controllers and USB storage at the same time.

That doesn't solve the issue is needing to connect the controller every time though...

I thought about that, but just like you said, that won't fix this issue. Just to be sure, this isn't normal behavior?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought about that but just like you said, that won't fix this issue. Just to be sure this isn't normal behavior, right?
not normal, no. it could be a bug with enso if that's what you're using. I know that my official ps4 controller doesn't even work in the recovery menu, yet my fake ps3 controller does.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not normal, no.

What USB storage plugin are you using?
YAMT? StorageMgr? Usbmc?

They conflict if you have more than one installed... that could be the reason for needing to mount in Vitashell.

I suggest YAMT, it formatted my 500gb USB flash to the right format (only 1 partition, formatted texfat, and 64kb cluster size).

I recommend switching to YAMT if you don't have it installed as the storage options are all available through the settings menu (not to mention the better boot and game launch speeds).

You would need the YAMT 4.0 Full version for USB storage on PSTV though.

Last edited by Anderxale,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
not normal, no. it could be a bug with enso if that's what you're using. I know that my official ps4 controller doesn't even work in the recovery menu, yet my fake ps3 controller does.

I'm using HENkaku Enso.

Not normal, no.

YAMT? StorageMgr? Usbmc?

They conflict if you have more than one installed... that could be the reason for needing to mount in Vitashell.

I suggest YAMT, it formatted my 500gb USB flash to the right format (only 1 partition, formatted texfat, and 64kb cluster size).

I recommend switching to YAMT if you don't have it installed as the storage options are all available through the settings menu (not to mention the better boot and game launch speeds).

I only have StorageMgr's.

It can be installed via AutoPlugin II so I don't know why MrMario2011 says to manually download and upload it, to download, edit and upload storage_config.txt and to write the "storagemgr.skprx" line on "/ur0/tai/config.txt".

EDIT: Other users are complaining about these problems on the PS TV and they're related to StorageMgr's plugin.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not normal, no.

YAMT? StorageMgr? Usbmc?

What's the difference between YAMT, StorageMgr and USBMC? According to what I've read regarding others complaining about these problems, the latter may be a better solution.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the difference between YAMT, StorageMgr and Usbmc? According to what I've read regarding other users complaining about these two problems, the latter may be a solution for these problems.
Yamt is considered the best and fastest. The lite version is what most need. Storage manager is similar, but it's considered out of date. Usbmc is even older than that.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yamt is considered the best and fastest. The lite version is what most need. Storage manager is similar, but it's considered out of date. Usbmc is even older than that.
You are Fast!
What's the difference between YAMT, StorageMgr and Usbmc?
YAMT installs internally - it acts as system software. Take out all storage and you still have access to YAMT settings.

YAMT is the 3rd evolution. USBMC is actually just Yifanlu (a pioneer or SD2Vita, molecule, and the sole developer of PSVSD) copying the driver from the Vitas hidden testing operations.

StorageMgr was an actual mount-point plugin with crude calls. YAMT is similar to storagemgr but with faster-smaller code and the user interface is built into the settings bubble under devices. YAMT also formats drives using Sony's format structure (texfat, the "transaction-safe" exfat) and at 64kb or smaller.

YAMT is just simply the newest - easiest to use.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to what I've read regarding other users complaining about these two problems, the latter may be a solution for these problems.

I can walk you through changing to YAMT if you want. It's really easy on PSTV.

If you want to use a USB as storage - you need to use YAMT 4.0 (current) or higher. You also have to install the Full version.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

And are there users with these problems in YAMT on the PS TV?

@Anderxale said to install YAMT full version (which can be installed by VitaDeploy's YAMT). What are the differences between YAMT's full and lite versions?

You are Fast!
YAMT installs internally - it acts as system software. Take out all storage and you still have access to YAMT settings.

YAMT is the 3rd evolution. USBMC is actually just Yifanlu (a pioneer or SD2Vita, molecule, and the sole developer of PSVSD) copying the driver from the Vitas hidden testing operations.

StorageMgr was an actual mount-point plugin with crude calls. YAMT is similar to storagemgr but with faster-smaller code and the user interface is built into the settings bubble under devices. YAMT also formats drives using Sony's format structure (texfat, the "transaction-safe" exfat) and at 64kb or smaller.

YAMT is just simply the newest - easiest to use.

OK, I guess I'll try that, but what about installing it on my PS Vita which doesn't have these problems?

I can walk you through changing to YAMT if you want. It's really easy on PSTV.

If you want to use a USB as storage - you need to use YAMT 4.0 (current) or higher. You also have to install the Full version.

Thanks. And what about installing it for the first time (just out of curiosity and to install it right away instead of installing StorageMgr first after formatting the USB flash drive for some reason, for instance)?

By the way, do you recommend using an USB flash drive or SD2VITA on the PS TV? Maybe I should use SD2VITA instead because it would spare the USB port and I'd be able to charge the controller with it and I won't have these two issues. Also, my USB flash drive is only 2.0 so I don't know if games will load faster even on YAMT.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it better than USB? My USB is only 2.0 so SD2Vita may be faster, right?
The PSTV is USB 2.0. If you get a hub, it needs to be powered and USB 2.0 compatible.

SD2VITA is probably faster at loading games for the first time. USB stcks are just cheaper for storage.

You can use both, but only one can have Vita games. The other can have anything or everything else.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I guess it mostly depends on how much content you have. Micro-sd cards are much more expensive, but more convenient.

Right, because they spare the USB port which can be used to charge the controller. I have over 200 GB used.

The PSTV is USB 2.0. If you get a hub, it needs to be powered and USB 2.0 compatible.

SD2VITA is probably faster at loading games for the first time. USB stcks are just cheaper for storage.

You can use both, but only one can have Vita games. The other can have anything or everything else.

Why for the first time? I have a self-powered USB 3.0 hub but I don't want to use it on the PS TV and I also don't have space on the shelf to put it. Anyway, I guess I should use SD2VITA on the PS TV instead of an USB flash drive because I could use the USB port to charge my controller and I guess I wouldn't have these problems I do right now.

I read YAMT has issues with Samsung microSD cards and my PS Vita's microSD card is exactly from that brand, so should I use StorageMgr instead of YAMT?

Also, according to what I searched, StorageMgr is recommended for USB, not YAMT. Are you sure it's better to use YAMT?

Reactions: Anderxale

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to what I searched, StorageMgr is recommended for USB, not YAMT. Are you sure it's better to use YAMT?
I'm not sure what the Internet says... I've tested a lot of different drives on PSTV. Hard disk drives, SSDs, USB flash drives, USB to MicroSD converter, YAMT is my favorite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol