Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
That's if you're actually believing that exploit really comes from geohot himself.
The content of the exploit match what geohot's posted about it. It even includes a picture of where on the motherboard you need to poke... pokemehere.jpg.
tongue.gif

Geohot never claimed anybody else's exploit as his own. He childishly held one for ransom (as you can read on the hackmii blog the original teams don't like a lot of their info getting out to potential pirates), but he never released it as his own. I already covered this shit in the geohot thread...

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Rydian said:
raulpica said:
That's if you're actually believing that exploit really comes from geohot himself.The content of the exploit match what geohot's posted about it. It even includes a picture of where on the motherboard you need to poke... pokemehere.jpg.
tongue.gif

I know, and it's a genuine exploit, and no, the PSJB uses a different exploit, since that one exploits the USB stack, even if it might use similiar lv1 patches.

QUOTE(Rydian @ Aug 31 2010, 08:42 PM)
Geohot never claimed anybody else's exploit as his own. He childishly held one for ransom (as you can read on the hackmii blog the original teams don't like a lot of their info getting out to potential pirates), but he never released it as his own. I already covered this shit in the geohot thread...
I haven't read good things about geohot around, and I highly doubt of the provenience of most of his exploits.
I can remember reading of this exploit being discovered by some chinese hackers some time ago, and that most of the PS3 developers also already knew of it, but found it not useful for mass-homebrew purposes.

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
gisel213 said:
Not really he said something about a windows app that will burn the code into the chip via usb serial but he also said something
about removing the bd-r emulation so it won't play backups only homebrew now thats bullshit... why give us the code application
tell us to buy this but you are removing the way to finally play ps3 backups from it yeah seriously the whole thing we been lookin
for a week the backup manager isnt going to work with this...

Seriously WHAT THE FUCK screw those damn emulators and crappy apps... and also i feel for all the fools who bought one of those
devices when they find out that when they make it there will be no ps3 backups....
The current jailbreak device people are buying will have the game backup program. They're only talking about removing access to the BD emulator and such for the homemade version.

If you want you backups, go ahead and buy a premade jailbreak.
If you want to cheap out and do it at home, you get homebrew-only support if things go as they plan.

You're too new to the scene to be making any complaints. The hackers that find and release exploits and such (like Team Twiizers) are against piracy and they just want to run homebrew. It's other people that later on that modify the original hacks to support running game backups.
http://hackmii.com/2010/05/of_homebrew_and...racy/#more-1021

I already preorded a a real premade one i also oredered one of those teensy++ boards to see if i could make it myself just for sport... but you say these
groups find exploits well no they did not the jailbreak team did first then Matheliu or whatever his name is cloned there exploit for homebrew only???

We did not wait 4 plus years for homebrew........ thats already ready running on like everything else the videos we have seen arent showing homebrew
they show backups running that's the point not some cheesy emulators or some media player....

All i was tryin to say was all those people who bought those diy boards are gonna be frickkin pissed... because like i said it was only said in irc and not
in the open that the backups will be removed....

It does not bother me i feel for all those waiting people who bought those boards for nothing......

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has the possibility of transfer of PSN games been discussed?

How about the possibility of opening the backwards PS1/PS2 capable PS3 up to loading PS1/PS2 game backup (even from HD?) Thanks.

TheGreatNeko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gisel213 said:
Rydian said:
gisel213 said:
Not really he said something about a windows app that will burn the code into the chip via usb serial but he also said something
about removing the bd-r emulation so it won't play backups only homebrew now thats bullshit... why give us the code application
tell us to buy this but you are removing the way to finally play ps3 backups from it yeah seriously the whole thing we been lookin

Seriously WHAT THE FUCK screw those damn emulators and crappy apps... and also i feel for all the fools who bought one of those
devices when they find out that when they make it there will be no ps3 backups....
The current jailbreak device people are buying will have the game backup program. They're only talking about removing access to the BD emulator and such for the homemade version.

If you want to cheap out and do it at home, you get homebrew-only support if things go as they plan.

You're too new to the scene to be making any complaints. The hackers that find and release exploits and such (like Team Twiizers) are against piracy and they just want to run homebrew. It's other people that later on that modify the original hacks to support running game backups.

I already preorded a a real premade one i also oredered one of those teensy++ boards to see if i could make it myself just for sport... but you say these
groups find exploits well no they did not the jailbreak team did first then Matheliu or whatever his name is cloned there exploit for homebrew only???

We did not wait 4 plus years for homebrew........ thats already ready running on like everything else the videos we have seen arent showing homebrew
they show backups running that's the point not some cheesy emulators or some media player....

All i was tryin to say was all those people who bought those diy boards are gonna be frickkin pissed... because like i said it was only said in irc and not

It does not bother me i feel for all those waiting people who bought those boards for nothing......

Don't feel sorry for them, it's their own fault for jumping to conclusions and buying a board before details were released.
Moronic people don't deserve any sympathy.

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheGreatNeko said:
gisel213 said:
Rydian said:
gisel213 said:

Don't feel sorry for them, it's their own fault for jumping to conclusions and buying a board before details were released.

Well said and true...

Yoshimashin

Penguin Spy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
keine said:
Has the possibility of transfer of PSN games been discussed?

How about the possibility of opening the backwards PS1/PS2 capable PS3 up to loading PS1/PS2 game backup (even from HD?) Thanks.

This is pretty much the first month of the 360 JTAG hack.

Just give it time.

Lunatics

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheGreatNeko said:
I think it's more that he's feeling sorry for himself because he bought a card expecting to be able to pirate ps3 games which hes been waiting for for 4 years and why he got a ps3, and now his home made jailbreak cannot run pirated games so he's angry.

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lunatics said:
TheGreatNeko said:
I think it's more that he's feeling sorry for himself because he bought a card expecting to be able to pirate ps3 games which hes been waiting for for 4 years and why he got a ps3, and now his home made jailbreak cannot run pirated games so he's angry.

Can't you read i preordered a real one long ago genius.... i just thought it would be cool to get the same effect using a homemade one and still you didnt see
that i own 60 plus ps3 games aswell 3 ps3's 2 phat and 1 slim that makes me the all evil angry pirate right?!?!? Sony has plenty of my money and still gets
it to this day!!!

I have plenty of legitimate games as you can see to test this thing with i don't need to go grab silly uploaded releases of insane sizes....

By the way get out of my face with your 35 posts... hope i wasn't bein to subtle
rolleyes.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
gisel213 said:
and still you didnt see that i own 60 plus ps3 games aswell 3 ps3's 2 phat and 1 slimI don't remember seeing that, where did you mention it?

QUOTE(gisel213 @ Aug 31 2010, 07:11 PM) By the way get out of my face with your 35 posts...
Remember kids, the larger your post count, the bigger your penis is!
More posts make you a better person!
People that have a smaller post count than you are stupider than you because they make less posts!
Everybody knows, the more posts you have, the more important you are!
Insert another phrase here mocking your logic!

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
Mathieulh didn't even say exactly that in ps3dev, you misunderstood what he was saying from what i saw. He just said he wasn't going to simply release a barebones hack solely with bdemu available, not that he was going to actually remove access to it.

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
gisel213 said:
and still you didnt see that i own 60 plus ps3 games aswell 3 ps3's 2 phat and 1 slimI don't remember seeing that, where did you mention it?

QUOTE(gisel213 @ Aug 31 2010, 07:11 PM) By the way get out of my face with your 35 posts...
Remember kids, the larger your post count, the bigger your penis is!
More posts make you a better person!
People that have a smaller post count than you are stupider than you because they make less posts!
Everybody knows, the more posts you have, the more important you are!
Insert another phrase here mocking your logic!

I do own all those games and will upload photos of my gaming library also if needed..

Yeah i was arrogant about the post thing ouch Rydian you broke my heart man.... LOL

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iNFiNiTY said:
Mathieulh didn't even say exactly that in ps3dev, you misunderstood what he was saying from what i saw. He just said he wasn't going to simply release a barebones hack solely with bdemu available, not that he was going to actually remove access to it.

Taken from the IRC log:

Mathieulh: basically what we want to remove is 1. The patch that changes the /dev_bdvd/ mount point which is pretty much dedicaced to the backup manager
Mathieulh: 2. Access to the psn.

Basically, you won't run backups or access PSN with his version.

Retrovertigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
gisel213 said:
so it won't play backups only homebrew now thats bullshit... why give us the code application
tell us to buy this but you are removing the way to finally play ps3 backups from it
Because piracy is wrong?
tongue.gif
Before you say "But.. But .. I want to back up MY games that I have bought so they won't get damaged", need I mention as everyone has before, blu-rays are pretty damn near indestructible? Unless you throw your discs around and use a sanding block to clean the marks off them, you have nothing to worry about.

I did actually want one for backing up my games to the HDD. I have an original fat PS3 with a drive that died less than a month out of warranty and Sony wouldn't budge, insisting I pay £120 to get it repaired.

If I can back up games and take strain off Sony's flimsy drive then all the better. I don't want to ever have to part with cash to them again for bullshit repairs that shouldn't have needed doing in the first place. So yeah - not everyone is a pirate and there are legitimate reasons for wanting to backup stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck