PS Jailbreak - The first PS3 Modchip

lakaiskateboarding

Trophies
XP
Country
dudeonline said:
bobrules said:
Expecting a Chinese clone within two weeks. I wonder if there are any protections on the chip?

Epoxy is definitely confirmed as one such protection.
Which can be removed with a lot of patience. They probably would be best off, producing a lot and then sell them for a lot of money. After that it doesn´t matter if it is cloned, because they are already millionaires.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
getting a ps3 slim tomorrow
smile.gif

tolana

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If this get released succesfully, then a 3DS flashcard`s next..

even if it isnt true, i'll bet my ass, that there will come one, because there are so many "flashcard teams" out there, when 3DS comes, it will pretty much ruin the buisness for a while, but then all will try to hack it. and imo the Nintendo hacking scene is bigger than the Playstation3's.

and besides i don't thing they can make it near as secure as the ps3 it's too small xD!

but thats just my thoughts. they could be wrong.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tolana said:

even if it isnt true, i'll bet my ass, that there will come one, because there are so many "flashcard teams" out there, when 3DS comes, it will pretty much ruin the buisness for a while, but then all will try to hack it. and imo the Nintendo hacking scene is bigger than the Playstation3's.

and besides i don't thing they can make it near as secure as the ps3 it's too small xD!

isamux

Trophies
XP
Country
ModchipCentral said:
For those complaining about the price, we are official distributors for them and have them for $129.95
smile.gif

www.ModchipCentral.com , stock expect to arrive around the end of August.

I'd like to be a fool and pay for this chip, any chance for a coupon??
wink.gif
(I may be a fool, but I'd also like to get a deal, even a discount on shipping would help)

Can anyone with one test if other PKG files can be installed from a USB key, like a demo from the PSN or full game (if you do a google search for PS3 .PKG download, you'll find some links, they have long random letter names.)

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is pretty sweet, but I don't think I'll be getting it because I don't use my PS3 to begin with (And between my brother and me, we have like 20 games, with like 12 I've never touched).

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
My prediction:

Many people are going to buy the PS3-Jailbreak-Dongle and enjoy it for, lets say, a month. The distributors will swim in money and go to jail, because Sony will sue them. Fortunately they made a bunch of money and will be released from jail after paying a bail.

The device will be blocked with a new firmware update and Sony is going to force people to update because if they wont do it, they cant connect to PSN and play Online-Games anymore (and all PSN achievments will be lost forever). Newer games will need the latest firmware which means, they cant be played with the USB-Dongle.

Meanwile hackers work on a new firmware of that Dongle which makes it compatible with the latest firmware. After another month, Sony will release another Dongle-killing-people-forcing-to-update-firmwareupdate for the PS3. And in the end, it will be a game of cat-and-mouse forever.

Any objections?
biggrin.gif

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This can't possibly cost more than $50 per unit to produce. Quite possibly even less than that. Within six months, there'll be clones for much cheaper.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
My prediction:

Many people are going to buy the PS3-Jailbreak-Dongle and enjoy it for, lets say, a month. The distributors will swim in money and go to jail, because Sony will sue them. Fortunately they made a bunch of money and will be released from jail after paying a bail.

The device will be blocked with a new firmware update and Sony is going to force people to update because if they wont do it, they cant connect to PSN and play Online-Games anymore (and all PSN achievments will be lost forever). Newer games will need the latest firmware which means, they cant be played with the USB-Dongle.

Meanwile hackers work on a new firmware of that Dongle which makes it compatible with the latest firmware. After another month, Sony will release another Dongle-killing-people-forcing-to-update-firmwareupdate for the PS3. And in the end, it will be a game of cat-and-mouse forever.

Any objections?
biggrin.gif

^ Hackers would make cfw through the Dongle
tongue.gif

heat6jones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm mad that I bought 30+ PS3 games now. Though I got most from doing freebie sites using amazon credit and the rest were on sale for 10$ here and there.

At least when I start stealing games I can reference the 30+ games I already bought when someone starts lecturing me.

I will definitely get one of these dongles when the price drops to half of what it currently is. I plan to use it with my PS3 and create another account to play online copied games with. I'll still play my authentic games with my PSN ID, but I really don't want my PSN ID with all my trophies to get banned.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tolana said:

SpAM_CAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WiiBricker said:
My prediction:

The device will be blocked with a new firmware update and Sony is going to force people to update because if they wont do it, they cant connect to PSN and play Onliine-Games anymore (and all PSN achievments will be lost forever). Newer games will need the latest firmware which means, they cant be played with the USB-Dongle.

Meanwile hackers work on a new firmware of that Dongle which makes it compatible with the latest firmware. After another month, Sony will release another Dongle-killing-people-to-force-firmwareupdate for the PS3. And in the end, it will be a game of cat-and-mouse forever.

Any objections?
biggrin.gif

The PSjailbreak doesn't ask for Firmware Updates to play games, its one of its features.
I think thats all xP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work