ROM Hack Proper makerom RSF for Smash Bros?

soneek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone successfully decrypted and rebuilt Smash Bros? I'm able to play an original backup, but my rebuilt versions always get stuck on a black screen when I give it a shot. I've been injecting the original header, but I'm messing up somewhere. I'm guessing my RSF options might be incorrect? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using Gateway emunand 9.2 on an old 3DS XL, in case that's applicable.

soneek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My issue was that I wasn't building with "g" or "gateway3ds" as a target option with makerom, and I couldn't find a 32-bit build of that version of makerom. I tried things out on a 64-bit laptop, and it worked out. sawyer helped a bunch with troubleshooting, so I'm grateful.

I'll be updating my Smash Bros Custom Music thread with a tutorial tomorrow at the latest. This thread can be closed now.

Reactions: Megashaymin

Anton299

Trophies
Website
www.shedevr.org.ru
XP
Country
Ukraine
Makerom 0.13 (32 bits) supports "g" key.
I've trying to rebuild LoZ MM 3D, and this is only 32 bit version of makerom that I've found, which supports -target g.
But still no success in rebuilding MM, though... Keep getting white square instead of icon.

soneek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makerom 0.13 (32 bits) supports "g" key.
I've trying to rebuild LoZ MM 3D, and this is only 32 bit version of makerom that I've found, which supports -target g.
But still no success in rebuilding MM, though... Keep getting white square instead of icon.

Can you send me that build? Also, did you inject the decrypted exheader into your rebuilt rom?

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Did you change something in your rom file? If yes, what tool did you use to rebuild romFS? Because I had exactly the same problem with Sonic Lost World once. Problem dissapeared when I'd use 3dstool instead of RomFSBuilder.

Anton299

Trophies
Website
www.shedevr.org.ru
XP
Country
Ukraine
Can you send me that build? Also, did you inject the decrypted exheader into your rebuilt rom?

See PM.

Yes I did, using ExInjector. No success...
I'm really need some tutorial for building working .3DS file, (not .CIA).
The goal is to build working .3ds ROM of Zelda: OoT3D/MM3D/ALBW with manual included, for Gateway.

Anton299

Trophies
Website
www.shedevr.org.ru
XP
Country
Ukraine
Did you change something in your rom file? If yes, what tool did you use to rebuild romFS? Because I had exactly the same problem with Sonic Lost World once. Problem dissapeared when I'd use 3dstool instead of RomFSBuilder.

Я собираю romfs.bin мейкромом из СДК... при сборке cia все работает, при сборке 3ds - куча проблем...

En:
I'm using sdk's makerom for building romfs.bin) - .cia works fine, .3ds seems to work, too, but I think the problem is in a rsf file and another makerom (3dsguy's I guess). In each tutorial this tool is for 64 bits, but I need it for 32 bits. v013 doesn't work for me (for ALBW, OOT, MM) now works OK, thanks redunka!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I use Chrome but I think my ISP blocks a lot of ads at the ISP level