ROM Hack [Project] The Great Ace Attorney Fanslation

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Ace Attorney GMD Tool has two tabs, a Full Script tab, and a Text Boxes tab.
InVAR23.png
H12EztW.png
Usually you'd work in the Text Boxes tab, which displays a preview of what you're editing. However, if you try to save in this tab, it ends up loading the file again, causing you to lose all of your unsaved changes.
So do I always have to been in full tab when saving and editing the file? Cause I edited it in full tab and it did not show my changes in-game.

sdtg34520

GURU MEDITATION ERROR
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So do I always have to been in full tab when saving and editing the file? Cause I edited it in full tab and it did not show my changes in-game.
You can edit in the Text Boxes tab, just not save. Not sure why your changes aren't showing up though.

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can edit in the Text Boxes tab, just not save. Not sure why your changes aren't showing up though.
I edit in the text boxes tab, then go to the full tab and save while the editor shows the full tab, but whenever I save my changes in-game nothing changes.
How do I save my edits to the script?

sdtg34520

GURU MEDITATION ERROR
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I edit in the text boxes tab, then go to the full tab and save while the editor shows the full tab, but whenever I save my changes in-game nothing changes.
How do I save my edits to the script?
I'm afraid I'm not really sure why your edits aren't saving. Are you using HANS or NTR, and are you sure you're saving to the correct file? The actual game script is in the /script/_output folder of the RomFS.

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm afraid I'm not really sure why your edits aren't saving. Are you using HANS or NTR, and are you sure you're saving to the correct file? The actual game script is in the /script/_output folder of the RomFS.
I'm using NTR not Hans for my file replacements and I know my file edits can work since I saw the changes to the evidence descriptions I made. Just the file for the first
Case won't load and I have the correct setup.
Also how do I use texporter? I dont know how to use it despite putting the command provided in the turnabout tools github.

Last edited by WarioTails358,

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
The Ace Attorney GMD Tool has two tabs, a Full Script tab, and a Text Boxes tab.
InVAR23.png
H12EztW.png
Usually you'd work in the Text Boxes tab, which displays a preview of what you're editing. However, if you try to save in this tab, it ends up loading the file again, causing you to lose all of your unsaved changes.
Yo, is the first case translation ready to be released? I can see English words on that pic! :) (or is it already released?)

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo, is the first case translation ready to be released? I can see English words on that pic! :) (or is it already released?)
I thinks it's just the translation that Sans-Serif is doing based on the English subbed YouTube channel. But it's not the one being worked by the team.

Reactions: KJ1

sdtg34520

GURU MEDITATION ERROR
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I thinks it's just the translation that Sans-Serif is doing based on the English subbed YouTube channel. But it's not the one being worked by the team.
Actually, I am with Team If at the moment. I am new, so I'm afraid I'll have to refrain from saying anything :P

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a link to the version of the gmd ace attorney editor you used? After saving in full tab my changes show but when using NTR they don't show in game though they are edited.

Last edited by WarioTails358, , Reason: Acidentally double posted, can someone just delete this?

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, I managed to extract the RomFS for the Randist Magazine DLC. It would be possible to manually edit/translate the .tex files and translate the short stories (チョト・チョト).
However, it seems like adding subs to the .moflex videos for the creator commentary and retaining original image quality for the texture files might be impossible.
There are no subs displayed for the DLC videos, they are simply not present (nothing is shown on the bottom screen of the 3DS while playing the video.)

Everything else could be translated.

Here's a pic of one concept art shown in the DLC :)

CUpogCE.png

As you can see the part under the logo can be modified/translated to English. I'll try to see what I can do here.

l6uYNWO.png

The problem here would be to edit the picture without removing the transparency and therefore removing a part of the art.

Last edited by Noroxus,
Reactions: momin

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The problem here would be to edit the picture without removing the transparency and therefore removing a part of the art.
You could check if the art was released somewhere else without the overlay, although I wasn't able to find anything with a quick google search.

xz11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, community.

We need someone who knows ARM assembly so that we can know what the pointers do in The Great Ace Attorney, because at the moment we have no idea what they do and it could be detrimental in the future if we ignore them.

PM me if you know anyone who is interested in helping us.

-The Great Ace Attorney Fanslation Team

DarthVitrial

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
redherochild.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello, community.

We need someone who knows ARM assembly so that we can know what the pointers do in The Great Ace Attorney, because at the moment we have no idea what they do and it could be detrimental in the future if we ignore them.

PM me if you know anyone who is interested in helping us.

-The Great Ace Attorney Fanslation Team
I wonder if Smealum might be able to help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Windows 11 is just horseshit in general.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    CoPilot is the new Bonzi Buddy, 20 years later after it was shutdown by several lawsuits.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You're gonna love it when they stop supporting win10
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I saw the announcement.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's all just junk to me, i just wanna use my pc in peace, not to be told shit by some AI
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They said that they will also discontinue support for Windows 7, of which I thought they'd already done so.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get use to Linux then
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Go with Linux Mint.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    wget "Microsoft edge.exe"
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I'm using linux mint on my other machine, works decent
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    deltree c:\windows\system32\*.* :tpi:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Why not stick to your other machine, no?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my other machine is old, mostly used for just browsing , some multimedia stuff as it's just old
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix