• Views 2,077,724
  • Replies 1,683
  • Likes 90

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, he's actually right. The Holmes Estate suing everyone using the character of Sherlock Holmes despite the copyright being expired is another reason.

Do You really believe a company would pass up on the chance to make "much money"? They make estimates and in the case of DGS they assumed it would not be worth their time.

In US.
They could release it in Europe.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In US.
They could release it in Europe.
What do you think is the reason Ace Attorney games since Dual Destinies haven't been translated to any other language than English? The U.S. market is big and important. As you can see I'm not from the U.S. and I still have to recognize that fact :P

mscoopo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is all a bunch of BS if you ask me. Just like AAI2 but what can we do but wait for the project to be complete

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What do you think is the reason Ace Attorney games since Dual Destinies haven't been translated to any other language than English? The U.S. market is big and important. As you can see I'm not from the U.S. and I still have to recognize that fact :P

A trilogy collection on Nintendo Switch would be released in Europe then? Region free.

16 guests and 7 members lol

Last edited by Enryx25,

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is all a bunch of BS if you ask me. Just like AAI2 but what can we do but wait for the project to be complete
We will deliver, I promise!

This doesn't mean we dislike CAPCOM. They are a for-profit company. We are sad DGS didn't make it to the west but instead of whining, we're doing something about it. But think about it - if you import DGS and prove your support it actually sends a message. If you keep pirating the games, you hurt our cause.

We're not in this to make money - we're in it to support a franchise we love and help bring it to fans who couldn't enjoy it before.

Reactions: Enryx25

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, he's actually right. The Holmes Estate suing everyone using the character of Sherlock Holmes despite the copyright being expired is another reason.
Wasn't there some drama with racism involved too? Or at least some remarks that could be interpreted as racist? I think I saw an article on that somewhere. Might be mistaken though.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wasn't there some drama with racism involved too? Or at least some remarks that could be interpreted as racist? I think I saw an article on that somewhere. Might be mistaken though.
No, there is racism against Ryuunosuke in the game. It does fit the historical context however, it's realistic to be there. This might be a hot button issue for some, but we feel it's important to keep this aspect of the game.

Reactions: Leon2457

mscoopo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We will deliver, I promise!

This doesn't mean we dislike CAPCOM. They are a for-profit company. We are sad DGS didn't make it to the west but instead of whining, we're doing something about it. But think about it - if you import DGS and prove your support it actually sends a message. If you keep pirating the games, you hurt our cause.

We're not in this to make money - we're in it to support a franchise we love and help bring it to fans who couldn't enjoy it before.
I wasn't saying anything about you guys. it's just Capcom is a bunch of morons

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wasn't saying anything about you guys. it's just Capcom is a bunch of morons
I didn't take it as that. But I disagree CAPCOM are morons. They crunched the numbers and came to the conclusion that they wouldn't make money localizing DGS. They're not philanthropists - they're a for-profit company.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, there is racism against Ryuunosuke in the game. It does fit the historical context however, it's realistic to be there. This might be a hot button issue for some, but we feel it's important to keep this aspect of the game.
Yes! That is what I meant. I think that could be the biggest barrier for CAPCOM to translate DGS. It's not an issue for me though, since its historically acurrate, but large game studios really don't want bad PR.

Last edited by Ev1l0rd,

linkenski

Trophies
XP
Country
While I don't agree with pirating everything (especially if you can afford the game) - it doesn't bother me as much for shovelware or AAA titles that will sell well either way. Both of those things do not apply to DGS.

If you like the Ace Attorney games, you might want to think twice about pirating them, since Visual Novels already have a hard time to get profitable sales in the west.
I pirated Spirit of Justice on the 3DS I use (my n3DS) and then immediately I bought it on the eShop on my 3DS XL. I always make sure to support these types of niche games, and I think everyone else should too. As for DGS I don't really think having to import sends the same message though. Capcom mainly needs to see their attempts to make western localizations and marketing pay off.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I pirated Spirit of Justice on the 3DS I use (my n3DS) and then immediately I bought it on the eShop on my 3DS XL. I always make sure to support these types of niche games, and I think everyone else should too. As for DGS I don't really think having to import sends the same message though. Capcom mainly needs to see their attempts to make western localizations and marketing pay off.
I'm glad you support niche games - there are some really nice ones that could use support lest they go under and we only get boring shooters, FIFA, Madden and shovelware.

I do think importing it does send a message, just like always asking about localization when they do streams or on Twitter. CAPCOM is certainly aware there is a vocal fanbase that would love to have all of the games in the AA franchise localized, they even joked about it on a recent Japanese stream.

The issue is that this loyal fanbase might be too small to justify a costly localization. Good localizations cost a lot of money - and the AA series was localized with care and by people who love the series, I think everyone who has played the games can attest to that. Of course they had to employ some weird "strategies" to keep the "Japanifornica" narrative and it did get a little ridiculous at times - but the overall work speaks for itself.

I'm sure CAPCOM will notice our efforts at some point and we want them to know we mean no harm in what we're doing. They have been very generous with fan translations in the past and even promoted and supported some fan games.

I know some people are angry with them for not bringing AAI2 and DGS over to the west, for digital-only and for English-only since Dual Destinies. Just try to remember who made the games in the first place.

Last edited by Uwabami,

TurnaboutLover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
From what I understand it doesn't go beyond comments like "You Japanese all look alike to me." like it doesn't play a massive part in the story.
I think other than the main prosecutor being racist against the Japanese too.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
From what I understand it doesn't go beyond comments like "You Japanese all look alike to me." like it doesn't play a massive part in the story.
I think other than the main prosecutor being racist against the Japanese too.
No, it does go beyond that. And it's not only van Zieks...

Manuel0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If they thought it would be profitable, they would do it. The head translator of the AA series (since AA2 iirc), Janet Hsu, did work on DGS. I'm sure she would love to localize DGS.

Do you happen to know what she is working on currently? She hasn't updated her blog since the release of Spirit of Justice (last September, almost a year!) and I'm sure she's not just sitting around doing nothing at Capcom ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F