• Start date
  • Views 2,078,024
  • Replies 1,683
  • Likes 90

linkenski

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow. What is it with THIS particular fan translation causing so much drama?
I would probably say it's Ace Attorney's history in the west for having very strong localization and that AAI2's fan translation was heavily localized too despite being a fan project.

That said, the shitposting definitely got overboard just before. I'd also like to apologize since I came across as maybe a tad disruptive in the earlier topic for this project, at some point
cuz' I was against the direct translation thing.

But honestly, what I've seen is good work, the DGS franslation it's based off got cleaned up too and I think just the fact that we have these people working so hard and organized is great,
and I hope the team doesn't let those negative backseat commentaries shake them -- you're doing good work and a lot of people are excited for it! Personally I can't wait. I just wanna play DGS
and so far your work looks very pro tbh.

melta1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just dropping in to say that as a member of the sane and polite (but often silent in threads) AA community I fully support this fantastic effort and while I'd personally much prefer to have a localised-style translation I'm cool with a straight translation too. What matters is the game gets into people's hands. Fools talking negative nonsense over threads trying to kill the project are just like the mutants in the wasteland: a disagreeable part of the otherwise fitting scenery on the internet.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just dropping in to say that as a member of the sane and polite (but often silent in threads) AA community I fully support this fantastic effort and while I'd personally much prefer to have a localised-style translation I'm cool with a straight translation too. What matters is the game gets into people's hands. Fools talking negative nonsense over threads trying to kill the project are just like the mutants in the wasteland: a disagreeable part of the otherwise fitting scenery on the internet.

It's not a straight translation: we are replacing puns, ideoms and jokes with English equivalents wherever possible without deviating too much from the original. "Not localizing" refers only to names and places. We can't continue the "Americanization" of previous translations, as this doesn't work with this game.

Also: This game is set in the 19th century and none of the previous characters appear. Only 2 characters are implied to be ancestors of existing characters and a certain object is a reference to another. We will explain that in the release notes as well.

The wording is misleading, we should probably change that and elaborate.

Last edited by Uwabami,

melta1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not a straight translation: we are replacing puns, ideoms and jokes with English equivalents wherever possible without deviating too much from the original. "Not localizing" refers only to names and places. We can't continue the "Americanization" of previous translations, as this doesn't work with this game.

Also: This game is set in the 19th century and none of the previous characters appear. Only 2 characters are implied to be ancestors of existing characters and a certain object is a reference to another. We will explain that in the release notes as well.

The wording is misleading, we should probably change that and elaborate.

That does clear things up, I was under the impression there would be "Americanizable" elements that wouldn't be (was aware of the setting and thought there would be shared terms). Given that's just not an issue with the game even better then, there's nothing to complain about! I agree that it would be helpful to have this point detailed in the lead post so people don't get the wrong idea too.

Jovahexeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a straight translation: we are replacing puns, ideoms and jokes with English equivalents wherever possible without deviating too much from the original..
Well, that settles the primary worries I had then. Seems I was misinformed by my peers who claimed it to be such. It seems, my quarrels were mostly pointless, and yeah in hindsight, I guess I came off as an asshole.

Ugh, I'm really sorry if I came off as a hater, and really, I don't you to come off with the impression of me that suggests I bare ill -will towards this team and its efforts.

Regardless of whatever I want, it's still been a grand effort you all have been doing to bring this game over to the US and company!

Ummm, please don't take this as some elaborate trolling ruse; I'm serious that you'll have no more trouble out from me.

I'm just here now to see if I can helpful or just cheer on the progress!

Reactions: Joshkinz

Jovahexeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I take it that for the time being, this'll mainly be a translation for flash carts. Unless there's by chance a PC program of sorts outside of a fresh 3ds emulator, that I'm unaware of.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, I take it that for the time being, this'll mainly be a translation for flash carts. Unless there's by chance a PC program of sorts outside of a fresh 3ds emulator, that I'm unaware of.

We'll make it work for legal copies. That will most likely include the version sold on eShop, if you have a Japanese 3DS. We will not support piracy in any way. Buy the game if you want to play it.

Reactions: DarthDub

Jovahexeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We'll make it work for legal copies. That will most likely include the version sold on eShop, if you have a Japanese 3DS. We will not support piracy in any way. Buy the game if you want to play it.
Well, I've no intention to pirate the game, although I am curious about if this means having to purchase a Japanese 3ds/2ds console to go with it, due to the unfortunate lack of region free status.

Joshkinz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will have to have homebrew to apply the patch to the game anyway, so region lock is a moot point

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, I've no intention to pirate the game, although I am curious about if this means having to purchase a Japanese 3ds/2ds console to go with it, due to the unfortunate lack of region free status.

You will need at least a userland-exploit to use the patch. This also allows for region free. 3DS consoles without a working userland exploit can not be supported. Sky3DS falls under this category, as we are (obviously) unable to re-sign the ROM to work on unmodified consoles.

Please refer to other threads on this forum for more information on homebrew, use the search function. We can't provide help with that in this thread, we only deal with the Game itself in here.

Reactions: DarthDub

MalicCarnage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will need at least a userland-exploit to use the patch. This also allows for region free. 3DS consoles without a working userland exploit can not be supported. Sky3DS falls under this category, as we are (obviously) unable to re-sign the ROM to work on unmodified consoles.

Please refer to other threads on this forum for more information on homebrew, use the search function. We can't provide help with that in this thread, we only deal with the Game itself in here.

Understood. Thank you both.

Last edited by MalicCarnage,

Fjar

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I actually don't have so much time to watch every thread in gbatemp but this is awesome, actually i though this project was dead i can see i was was so wrong about this: thanks for make this happen!

Reactions: Joshkinz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FFQ_g8OoQM&list=RD8FFQ_g8OoQM&start_radio=1