Project Scorpio Devkits Spotted in the Wild

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Foxi4, Apr 14, 2017.

Apr 14, 2017
  1. huma_dawii

Member huma_dawii GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Yeah, but that's not how it works for Nintendo.. they wait for about 5 years and then they change generations... but I with the Xbox Scorpio everything got confusing xD

2. Mr Objection

Member Mr Objection GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    Looks very good

3. Retinal_FAILURE

Member Retinal_FAILURE GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Its kind of in the name x BOX, so yeah theyre gonna go with a boxy look. I don't believe microsoft would make something at this point as organic as an Ouya or even an N64. Come on they started with PCs. Maybe kids these days don't remember what a PC tower looks like? Its kinda like a rectangular box. Makes a great chair if youre all out of those rare things.

Hi-Dro likes this.
  4. Hi-Dro

Member Hi-Dro GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    funny I still have new components in my original tower from 2006, and the heat sink is held in place by gravity lol it still works better for heat sinking than an xbox 360. Due to terrible customer service and 5 RROD i will never invest in Microsoft consoles ever ever again not to mention their recent cockup of only having 720p for their newest console.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Hi-Dro, Apr 16, 2017
    Retinal_FAILURE likes this.
  5. Foxi4
    OP

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Except when they want to tack on an "i" or a "New" prefix to a pre-existing console and then not release any software that takes advantage of the new features, then it's all fair game.

6. huma_dawii

Member huma_dawii GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Revision is one thing, its the same old console with some new features, not a replacement.

7. Foxi4
    OP

pip
    Poland
    The Scorpio is not a replacement either.

If you went through 5 RROD's, there might be something wrong with what you're doing, and your photo confirms that suspicion - your room looks like the resistance HQ in The Matrix. I have an OG Xbox, a 360 Slim and an Xbox One S and none of them have any issues whatsoever. The original 360 had overheating issues, but all revisions past that point work perfectly fine.

8. s157

Member s157 Grinder Extraordinaire

United States
    Wow those corners do look pretty sharp. Even then I wouldn't want this current look to change in the retail version. Futuristic, yet retro, and that LCD display is really neat. If this was the final look of the scorpio, that would seriously increase my motivation in getting one.

Foxi4 likes this.
  9. Hi-Dro

United Kingdom
    wow you can see my whole room from the picture some special abilities you got there, what a pretentious little comment lol!
    I'd like to point out (if it isn't obvious already (obviously not to you anyway)) that all those wires do receive almost daily use and manoeuvrability is a must.
    And as I said gravity in my PC still is still doing a better job than than the Heat sink in and OG Xbox 360 (which you haven't listed ownership of btw) , I posted that up for a little comedic value and you have just added your own comedic spin on it, (with serious pretentiousness) which makes it all the more hilarious lol
    Hahaha who would've thought untidy USB wiring could break an xbox 360, I think I'll stick with my Dreamcast and wii and Sony thank you they seem to be unaffected by rouge USB cables hahaha
    Thanks for giving me a good laugh today dude :)
    Happy Easter !!!

Last edited by Hi-Dro, Apr 17, 2017
  10. Foxi4
    OP

pip
    Poland
    If you're not tidy with your cabling (which leads to poor airflow around the system, but that's besides the point) it's safe to assume that you're also not tidy with other things, for instance dusting, dust being a heatsink killer with consoles that use dedicated and very precise cooling systems. It's probably not a good idea to keep your expensive electronics stacked on the floor, but what do I know. Like it or not, five RROD's in a row is a very unusual string of hardware failure. One can be written off as a factory defect, two are a very unlucky coincidence, five is suspicious. The way you're storing your HDD's isn't filling me with confidence either (static is a thing), but hey - I'm just a pretentious guy on the Internet with a working 360, alongside 30 other systems, some of which are older than I am.

11. Hi-Dro

United Kingdom
    Dude seriously!!!

SMH you go off again with your pretentious twaddle, look at me I've got this and that, my dad can beat up your dad, my dicks bigger than your dick, my shit don't stink kinda guy, well bravo for you its not a competition mate lighten up ffs.
    It's not about
    , I couldn't care less and neither should you, It's like you are feeling sorry for the 5 xboxs and HDD's as if I'm mistreating a pet and you are about to report me to the 'Cruelty to Electronics Society'.
    Maybe play some of your older (than you), gen consoles and learn some humility.
    Have you ever heard the expression 'when you assume you make an ass of me and u'? this is a prime example of that.
    The way I see it we're just 2 guys who like gaming so whatever. You're welcome over for cup of tea any time mate, you wont find a spek of dust in sight (as in the picture no dust) and I'm sure you must be nicer in real life especially to my face, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that one. Maybe we can play some Dreamcast best of three on MvC 2 or SFII snes? or measure each others dicks? to decide who wins lol (I'd avoid the last one though you are sure to lose)

I'm only joking dude, you gotta laugh once in while keep it chill man just allow it sometimes, life is too short for this shit open your eyes and see the funny side of things.
    I admire your rhetoric but as a reporter I thought you might be better at asking questions to back up your assumptions.
    Regardless I'm very glad to have had this discussion with you on this fine Easter Monday.

[​IMG]

12. Foxi4
    OP

pip
    Poland
    I'm just commenting on what I see - relax, you're the one treating the Internet way too seriously. I operate according to the golden rule of "show me a man's rig and I'll tell you what kind of a man he is" and so far I've rarely been wrong. I don't really care what happens to your electronics, I just find it suspicious that five Xboxes died on you through no fault of your own.

13. Hi-Dro

United Kingdom
    How Microsoft spent $1 billion on a simple mistake with its best game console

http://uk.businessinsider.com/red-ring-of-death-recall-2016-4?r=US&IR=T
    Judging people by their rig what a life you must lead !!!
    [​IMG]
    See ya later brethren

Last edited by Hi-Dro, Apr 18, 2017
  14. Foxi4
    OP

pip
    Poland
    I'm well-aware of the RROD issue on the launch units, it was a tough time for Microsoft. As a tech guy directly involved in appraising, testing, trading and occasionally fixing electronics, including consoles, judging people by their rigs is kind of what I do professionally. Anywho, I'll see you around. ;)