Homebrew [PROJECT] Port Flipnote Studio to 3DS.

D

Deleted User

it would be encrypted to the 3ds it comes from.....you would need to decrypt it, and repackage it and even then it would be unplayable as gateway doesnt support DSi titles in gateway mode
Noooo. This isn't DSiWare. This is a downloadable 3DS title (3DSWare) from Japan. Support for these was recently released on the Gateway.

Reactions: Margen67

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Noooo. This isn't DSiWare. This is a downloadable 3DS title (3DSWare) from Japan. Support for these was recently released on the Gateway.
yeah there was a few people talking about using the DSi version too....so wires were crossed, i know gateway plays eshop dumps but it doesn't play Dsiware....even bought legit.....that's what i was trying to explain

D

Deleted User

I've spoken with Bob Sabiston, the creator of the DSiWare "Inchworm Animation" and in its beta days, it was being developed for the DS Lite as a fully developed animation suite. With the release of DSiWare and the incoming deadline, they quickly rushed it to the improved DSi. He stated to me that conversions from DS roms, or at least development versions of such, to DSiWare were frankly quite easy. I bet you that if someone dumped Flipnote Studio, maybe if someone got their hands on an official DSiWare development kit (don't ask how) or at least a sub-par version of it, they could, in theory, convert Flipnote back to a regular DS title. (With missing features due to lower amounts of RAM and hardware, I guess.)

I also could be stupid.
Maybe that's the case.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I bet you that if someone dumped Flipnote Studio, maybe if someone got their hands on an official DSiWare development kit (don't ask how) or at least a sub-par version of it, they could, in theory, convert Flipnote back to a regular DS title. (With missing features due to lower amounts of RAM and hardware, I guess.)

Flipnote is tiny looking when you run it. I doubt a lack of ram would make a huge difference in it's function.

Reactions: Margen67

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Well this is a thing now

EF11YeX.jpg