Homebrew [PROJECT] Port Flipnote Studio to 3DS.

SpencerlyEverly

Spencer Everly
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
1. this forum is not about piracy.
2. the password depends on the website you downloaded it from.

Never mind. I found another one without a password. So yep... when Gateway 9.0-9.2 native firmware thingy releases, I'll try FS3D out! :yaysp: And maybe do a Newest Nick Games tutorial about Gateway when it's firmware update releases (I have a YouTube channel. If you want, see it here: www.youtube.com/user/TheNickelodeon2010).

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Never mind. I found another one without a password. So yep... when Gateway 9.0-9.2 native firmware thingy releases, I'll try FS3D out! :yaysp: And maybe do a Newest Nick Games tutorial about Gateway when it's firmware update releases (I have a YouTube channel. If you want, see it here: www.youtube.com).
First you ask for piracy in a forum that doesn't allow piracy and then you advertise your youtube channel with the hint that you might make a video? How cheap you are...

SpencerlyEverly

Spencer Everly
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
First you ask for piracy in a forum that doesn't allow piracy and then you advertise your youtube channel with the hint that you might make a video? How cheap you are...

I didn't ask piracy stuff. All I did is I said I got one without a password. Second, I got a Gateway 3DS today, and now waiting for the firmware release. ...Why do you think I'm cheap? I have $85 in my jar. I will make a video explaining how to install it on 9.2 firmware, and maybe putting something in about installing CIAs.

On the underlined, maybe not. Probably on a separate video.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I didn't ask piracy stuff. All I did is I said I got one without a password. Second, I got a Gateway 3DS today, and now waiting for the firmware release. ...Why do you think I'm cheap? I have $85 in my jar. I will make a video explaining how to install it on 9.2 firmware, and maybe putting something in about installing CIAs.

On the underlined, maybe not. Probably on a separate video.
It's cheap because it's simple advertising for your Youtube videos (that you don't even have recorded yet). Many GBATemp members are on Youtube but they don't advertise their videos.

austinburk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I just found this
I have a Flipnote Studio ROM, decrypted, as well as a Flipnote Hatena demo thing called Ugoku Memo-Chou Viewer. That too. I also have a RAM dump from Flipnote Studio, it's really handy sometimes.

The ROMs aren't that hard to get. I don't use them to play, though, I use them to learn.

The video linked in the first post shows the demo thing. I also had decrypted copies of some DSiware. The only thing they really did was sit there and look pretty in my R4 menu — but looking through their file structure was fun!

Reactions: flewkey

LoneGrenade

IT Technician/Rookie Coder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo is releasing Flipnote Studio 3D in February as a part of Club Nintendo shutting down, just a heads up.

"In addition, as a small token of appreciation for your loyalty, all Club Nintendo members will receive a free download code for Flipnote Studio 3D in February 2015."

loco365

Trophies
XP
I bet you that if someone dumped Flipnote Studio, maybe if someone got their hands on an official DSiWare development kit (don't ask how) or at least a sub-par version of it, they could, in theory, convert Flipnote back to a regular DS title. (With missing features due to lower amounts of RAM and hardware, I guess.)

I can tell you that it won't work. The conversion only works because it's done at the source-code level, not at a compiled binary level. You'd have to either get your hands on the source, or disassemble the game and figure out how to add standard DS libraries, and allow it to run in a standard DS environment (Basically, remove the dependencies on the DSi hardware, such as the NAND access).

Also there's no tools to magically convert from one system to another in the SDK. I know that from various unnamed sources.

SpencerlyEverly

Spencer Everly
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh I just found this
I have a Flipnote Studio ROM, decrypted, as well as a Flipnote Hatena demo thing called Ugoku Memo-Chou Viewer. That too. I also have a RAM dump from Flipnote Studio, it's really handy sometimes.

The ROMs aren't that hard to get. I don't use them to play, though, I use them to learn.

The video linked in the first post shows the demo thing. I also had decrypted copies of some DSiware. The only thing they really did was sit there and look pretty in my R4 menu — but looking through their file structure was fun!

You da man for Sudomemo! :D Great work on it!

Wait... HOW DID YOU DECRYPT DSiWare?! Oh well... at least you got handy on the DSiWare SDK (Or not).

Oh, and I am on Sudomemo as Nick! DSi. Just so you'll know, :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!