Homebrew [Project] 3FHex. PkHex on 3ds

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a completed program to compare to is a super awesome benefit of doing this. Imagine doing it without having pkhex around :P

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but I'm looking at the main binary ATM and I can only find a few things that actually make sense.

Having done a lot of research for and contributed a fair amount to PKHeX...what are you claiming doesn't make sense?

PKHeX has a pretty clean/well-documented codebase, as far as I'm aware.

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A tremendous amount of the program is GUI, all of which you can disregard because it'll be useless to you.

You're going to be skimming for byte locations but it's still going to be hard. The program supporting X/Y/OR/AS is going to complicate things.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Having done a lot of research for and contributed a fair amount to PKHeX...what are you claiming doesn't make sense?

Don't be so harsh on him.
He stated previously that he's not familiar with C#, he is mostly good at C, so give the guy a break.

I_AM_L_FORCE

Unban me from Discord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A tremendous amount of the program is GUI, all of which you can disregard because it'll be useless to you.

You're going to be skimming for byte locations but it's still going to be hard. The program supporting X/Y/OR/AS is going to complicate things.
Yep, I've saved a txt file of all useful byte locations so I can use them in my own program

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't be so harsh on him.
He stated previously that he's not familiar with C#, he is mostly good at C, so give the guy a break.

It's a perfectly cromulent question, actually. Asking what doesn't make sense is helpful programming Q&A.

If anyone's sounding rude, it's because all of us who do programming are trying to work out the logistics of everything in our heads.

I_AM_L_FORCE

Unban me from Discord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I'm talking about the main file

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

save manager wont work when i import the save file.
What on earth are you even trying to do?

I_AM_L_FORCE

Unban me from Discord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
See projectpokemon.org/wiki/Pokémon_ORAS_Save_File_Structure and projectpokemon.org/wiki/Pokémon_XY_Save_File_Structure -- subtract 0x5400 from the offsets listed to get the offsets within a "main" exported save file.
Thanks

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And this thread want's it as a homebrew app?
What?

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You're a few drinks past/under the peak.

The guy who made the thread is wanting to get pkhex functionality as a 3ds homebrew.
Haha, just wanted to be sure, because it reads a little tricky for someone that doesn't speak english that good :D
Especialy that last line "3FHex will be open-source and coded in C or C#" made me doubt if he ment homebrew,
Since (as far as i know, and i'm pretty sure about this) you can't program ads homebrew in C.

Anyway, I think that this would be a cool idea, and i would love to contribute to porting this.
If you guys need some help, I got some time left in a few days ;)

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what? This is the wrong approach.

Why not use lua for this? I know there's at least one lua interpreter and it'd give you access to some fairly powerful tools.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These smart TVs are getting close tho. Gonna be like "back to future" TVs before long.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400 and buy a decent micro computer for $100 more
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust it's just what you want
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Found a Charger that works with my phone
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah Ken I have 3 Samsung Phones now and honestly all 3 feel about the same
    A35 a S23 FE S24 Ultra lol
    Camera is about the only thing that legit separates them, unless you play games on your phone....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i download movies on my PC that is connected to my living room tv.
    Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless trackball mouse.
    I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New south park was not really that funny.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i heard modern south park is too serious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did it hurt your feelings?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some are still funny, but they always try to use a subject matter related to something going on today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All you need is one dose of Lizzo to make yourself feel better
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Who tf is lizzo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They always make valid points on that show and it goes over people's heads over sensitivity reasons
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa i mean south park did that way back in the day too
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    remember the Michael Jackson episodes?
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: remember the Michael Jackson episodes?