mitchondria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anyone else have any ideas...

oh and i checked out the maintenace mode. thers no way to unbrick a wii from there... thats an evil rumour. i check it out thoroughly

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
do not burn at 1x, some discs get crappy that way, burn at 4x
could also be you have a crappy "self-ripped" copy of the game

mitchondria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
its the premontium relase or whatever the group was called. so your saying i should burn at 4x?

ok il check it out, and give it another try... do i still want to use the brickblocker iso? or download it again?

LordWill072284

Trophies
Website
www.bakerenterprises.ca
XP
Country
Canada
yeh bud i'm in canada and i just burnt and updated the wiinja first, then put it in, it ran the update and boom restarted and mario worked. so no brick block. burn the straight iso at 4x is what i did too, and it's weird why wiiconnect won't let you update to 3.1U try that stuff out

mitchondria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
doesnt brckblocker change the iso file?

cause what i did was extracted iso, burned (original backup) then downloaded brickblocker and opened the iso in it and it said complete. then burned it... how big is the iso suppose to be without the brickblock? or did brickblock even do anything?

so what i have left is just the iso the i ran through brickblocker... im not going to have to redownload it am i?

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is what I think happened you updated your wii with the mario update and then your wii crashed so now your wii thinks It doesn't need an update to play mario galaxy however it does so it doesn't even show up on the disc channel. So I think if you find a way to install the mario update again it should work.

mitchondria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is what I think happened you updated your wii with the mario update and then your wii crashed so now your wii thinks It doesn't need an update to play mario galaxy however it does so it doesn't even show up on the disc channel. So I think if you find a way to install the mario update again it should work.

now how would i fix that?

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
doesnt brckblocker change the iso file?

cause what i did was extracted iso, burned (original backup) then downloaded brickblocker and opened the iso in it and it said complete. then burned it... how big is the iso suppose to be without the brickblock? or did brickblock even do anything?

so what i have left is just the iso the i ran through brickblocker... im not going to have to redownload it am i?
you _need_ to run the update on galaxy at least once to 10-15% as it needs to put somewhere that it checked yer disc or whatnot.. even on ntsc
but that dude above isn't correct, the metroid prime "trick" for pal people is that you update to 15% then yank the power cord out of the socket and that works fine, doesn't hurt the wii!
Perhaps the check was written on yer wii, so burn the brickblocked one again at 4x and see, otherwise redownload

mitchondria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
**Update**

well i reburned on new media and at 4x... and still same thing.

so i took the backups ive made and put them in my trash can...

but before i did i popped them in my pc i use to make backups. opened raw dump. and started to backup... it notices theres a wii disc inserted but the game name is " ٤ỳ "

now i no thi isnt right... so im thinking its the iso. can anyone confirm that rawdump notices there disc as mario galaxy and not as i listed above. also it errored out after a few second of backing up...

mitchondria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
heres the hash i get when i run the iso through "wii iso md5 gen"

038D58F9CC7BAC011DDFF733377B9A4A

anybody who still has the iso care to check the hash for me?

mitchondria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well im not even sure the blocker even did anything cause the file size it of the iso is 4,589,824 kb and 4.37 gb (4699979776 bytes)

that same exact size as my manhunt 2 iso. so i dont think the blocker i used worked. anyone confirm?

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can you update through the settings menu with your wireless connection? What are the results when you try? The update on the SMG disc includes other things not in the 3.1U update. Even if you are at 3.1U the update on the SMG disc must take place before the disc shows up properly in the disc channel.

Do NOT run a brickblocked version of SMG. Burn the original copy on the media and at the speed you have best luck with on your Wii. If it still doesn't update just wait and rent(or buy) SMG - hopefully the real version will fix whatever mess was created by the partial Wii update.

For sure the game title should show up correctly when viewing the disc or the iso file.

mitchondria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
guess im not going to get much more help....

too bad i cant figure this out. i wonder if the retail version will even play or wether my wii is just not galaxy compatable

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ :creep: